[Support] Linuxserver.io - Syncthing

15 minutes ago, bdillahu said:

Hmmm... I don't know, sorry... your config looks about like mine, and mine has been working fine.

I have fits with permissions on unRaid for some reason - I wish it did things a bit more "standard" (at least as I understand standard), but...

Have you tried changing the permissions of your target directory?

Make sure all directories are 777 and files are 666, including (in your config) /mnt/user/syncthing itself?

And the ownership should match the 99/100 of PUID/PGID.

Otherwise, sorry, all I know to check.

I think it may be that permissions for the target directory, could you help me do that not sure where to start. Thanks!

Assuming normal unRaid setup...

I only know how to do this via command line - there might be some other way, but I don't know.

> ssh <your machine>

Assuming your config above (and that syncthing is empty):

> chmod 777 /mnt/user/syncthing

> chown nobody:users /mnt/user/syncthing

If there are files in /mnt/user/syncthing already:

> find /mnt/user/syncthing -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;

> find  /mnt/user/syncthing -type f -exec chmod 666 {} \;

> chown -R nobody:users /mnt/user/syncthing

Obviously, no guarantees 🙂

Edited by bdillahu

I have been trying to figure out how to get the Syncthing docker to have access to shared folders. If I try to add a folder through the webGUI I get a missing path error inside the added folder pane and a notification saying that permission was denied.

If a layman explanation exists on how to set this up I would be super appreciative if someone could point me to it.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm running the latest Docker version of Syncthing. So far I really like it.  One thing doesn't work like I would expect.  I backup my app data and auto-update the container.  Every morning the Recent Changes log is empty.  Is there a setting that makes this persistent when restarting the container?

• 2 weeks later...

My syncthing docker is reporting "insufficient space on disk for database (/config/index-v0.14.0.db): 1.0 % < 1 %" for any and all folders.

This is an almost-new Unraid install and there is plenty of space in appdata according to Unraid's GUI.  From within the docker:

Filesystem      1K-blocks     Used  Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/loop2       20971520  3231044   17510492  16% /
tmpfs               65536        0      65536   0% /dev
tmpfs            16491516        0   16491516   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
shm                 65536        0      65536   0% /dev/shm
shfs           9764349900 69093472 9695256428   1% /sync
/dev/loop2       20971520  3231044   17510492  16% /etc/hosts
tmpfs            16491516        0   16491516   0% /proc/acpi
tmpfs            16491516        0   16491516   0% /sys/firmware

So my guess is this is some sort of file permission issue. But I don't know how to fix it.

(Oh also - I have a nearly identical unraid server which has no such issues.  As far as I can see the docker and pretty much everything are set up the same.)

Clean install into alternate config directory and syncthing still seems unable to modify index.db folder contents.

I installed xamindar syncthing overtop into same config directory (syncthing not Syncthing) then installed this one again.  Once db files written out by the other version, this one works fine.

• 4 weeks later...

hi ... surprisingly i've managed an up and running syncthing install but i have a problem with a '.syncthing.tmp' copy of each file moved being left behind following a transfer. Both sides say 'up to date' yet the receiving end has double the number of files, half of them these .tmp ones. What am i doing wrong, if anything?

Edited by superloopy1
On 1/22/2019 at 10:43 PM, rragu said:

P.S. Under "GUI Settings", I see there is a message "The GUI address is overridden by startup options. Changes here will not take effect while the override is in place." Not sure what this means exactly?

I'm getting this as well as "The Syncthing admin interface is configured to allow remote access without a password." 

Did you ever get an answer? 

3 hours ago, RichardU said:

I'm getting this as well as "The Syncthing admin interface is configured to allow remote access without a password." 

Did you ever get an answer? 

"GUI address is overridden by startup options" means you set the address:port to access the syncthing docker when you create the docker.  You cannot modify that in the GUI itself.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:01 PM, RadOD said:

"GUI address is overridden by startup options" means you set the address:port to access the syncthing docker when you create the docker.  You cannot modify that in the GUI itself.

I'm getting a big danger notice saying I need to specify user/pw in settings. But settings says I can't modify those fields.

How would I specify user/pw in the docker config? Or is there some other way to get rid of the danger notice?

Cheers, Richard

• 3 weeks later...

cannot get working syncthing

I've read exchanges here, but not sure about solution.

I've installed from community apps.

when i add a share in syncthing i get this :

Chemin racine du partage(root share)   /mnt/user/DS3/test

Failed to create folder root directory mkdir /mnt/user: permission denied

Failed to create folder root directory mkdir /mnt/user: permission denied

what i miss ?

thanks.

Edited by DavKBe
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone encountered this problem after updating to the latest version?

from the logs:

22:12:51 INFO: Migrating database to schema version 9...
22:12:53 WARNING: Database schema: folder db index missing

stuck in a loop on this error message and never starting.

Edited by static
typo
7 hours ago, static said:

has anyone encountered this problem after updating to the latest version?

from the logs:

22:12:51 INFO: Migrating database to schema version 9...
22:12:53 WARNING: Database schema: folder db index missing

stuck in a loop on this error message and never starting.

I'm on 1.4.0 and everything seems fine with my container. My Unraid version is 6.8.2 for what it's worth. 

• 2 weeks later...

I moved from Resilio to Synchting because Resilio didn’t work - when moving files already synched it would download them all over again! Synchting supports atomic move! 

But I have a major problem with CPU usage it’s spikes to 100% and unraid and even Plex gets unresponsive - So can someone recommend some settings to “control” Synchting overload?

On 4/12/2020 at 9:15 PM, casperse said:

I moved from Resilio to Synchting because Resilio didn’t work - when moving files already synched it would download them all over again! Synchting supports atomic move! 

But I have a major problem with CPU usage it’s spikes to 100% and unraid and even Plex gets unresponsive - So can someone recommend some settings to “control” Synchting overload?

try manually pinning the cpu cores in the docker container

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else running this in custom bridged network?

I installed this docker yesterday and configured everything.  Today the service is still running/syncing, but the GUI isn't responding.  I suspect it broke after a restart due to backup overnight.

I've changed the GUI to 0.0.0.0:8384 in config.xml

According to the log, it looks like the GUI is listening on all interfaces as are the other services.

I assume the last line is just informational and it should be listening on the bridged IP as well as localhost?

[xxxxx] 12:28:26 INFO: TCP listener ([::]:22000) starting
[xxxxx] 12:28:26 INFO: QUIC listener ([::]:22000) starting
[xxxxx] 12:28:26 INFO: GUI and API listening on [::]:8384
[xxxxx] 12:28:26 INFO: Access the GUI via the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:8384/

I've tried replacing gui setting of 0.0.0.0:8384 with the bridged IP:port but no change.  In fact the log still reports that it's listening on [::]:8384

[xxxxx] 12:39:52 INFO: GUI and API listening on [::]:8384
[xxxxx] 12:28:26 INFO: Access the GUI via the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:8384/

All I can think of at this point is that the setting is being ignored and access to the gui is being restricted to localhost:8384?

I've enabled gui debugging:

<gui enabled="true" tls="false" debugging="true">

But this doesn't seem to have added anything to the logs that would indicate a problem.

Edited by ConnectivIT

OK, so it looks like it does ignore the gui settings in config.xml and forces listening on 0.0.0.0

I even switched briefly to syncthing/syncthing docker and used STGUIADDRESS variable to force it to the custom bridged IP.  Still no joy.

It seems there is something inherent in the syncthing docker that doesn't like custom bridge interfaces.  Has anyone been able to get this working?

Edited by ConnectivIT