[Support] Linuxserver.io - Syncthing

I'm having a minor issue. The syncthing container is working normally, but oddly won't autostart with the other docker containers.  It will manually start fine, but just won't autostart. More an annoyance issue than anything else, but anyone else having it?  Or know how to fix it?

I looked in both the server logs, as well as the syncthing container logs, and don't see any record of failed attempts to start the container.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with my syncthing docker - it prevents my unraid system from spinning down disks. Is there anything i can do to prevent the disks from spinning up frequently?

My workaround so far is a userscript that starts the syncthing container, let it run for 3 hours (in which my usual backups run etc - so the disks are up anyway) and then stops it again.

The folders i'm syncing with syncthing are located on my array and it set to cache: yes. (Share is way too big for cache: prefer).

Appdata etc. is on cache: prefer.

Thank you! :)

So I think I've got Syncthing up and running how I want it, but the "watch for changes" isn't working. I've got two Unraid servers, with directories SMB'd to each other via Unassigned Devices, and period scanning is fine. It's just that when I add something to either of those shares, it's not updating until it scans again or I scan manually. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think i have a pretty simple wish for syncthing :)

1: When i come home and is on the wifi i want my phone and my wifs phone to sync to my Unraid server in the /Picture/Wife or /picture/man folder.

But i dont want it to delete pictures if i delete them from the phone on the server.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just learnt about syncthing and it is a great tool. Thanks for creating this docker container as well.

I am facing one issue: My Windows VM (with syncthing installed) goes to sleep/hybernate shortly after starting. If I disable the docker container on Unraid, this does not happen. Any idea what's going on? Not sure how to troubleshoot either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have started having an issue today with syncthing as it wouldnt connect my remote device with my local device (despite months of working fine). In my frustration, I decided to delete and redownload both. Yay, they connected! But now I keep getting the: 2023-11-24 21:22:25: Error on folder "completed" (up9ug-rcpvj): folder path missing. 

My container path "/media" is pointed to the same folder as previously "/mnt/user" but when trying to input the folder path as "/mnt/user/data/Downloads/Seedbox Completed" it gives me the above error. 

So i tried "/media/data/Downloads/Seedbox Completed" and I got another error "2023-11-24 21:31:55: Error on folder "completed" (up9ug-rcpvj): folder marker missing (this indicates potential data loss, search docs/forum to get information about how to proceed)" 

I have tried resetting premissions via >tools>DockerSafeNewPerms and >tools>Newpermissions and nothing has changed. 

No idea where Im going wrong tbh. Ive always followed SpaceInvaders videos and it worked originally but not now. 

• 1 month later...

Greeting everyone,

I'm trying to configure TrueNAS as a backup for an UnRAID server.  I'm struggling a bit, and I'm wondering if any of you can point me in the right direction?

I have Syncthing installed on both, they are both communicating, and they are connected as devices to each other.

I have mapped Syncthing on UnRAID to the location of the user shares (/mnt/user/share1).  
I have created separate datasets on TrueNAS to store copies of each share (/tank/backup/dataset1).

HERE'S WHERE I THINK I'M BREAKING DOWN A BIT...

On UnRAID, Syncthing in Docker uses a user "PUID" of 99, and a "GUID" of 100 for share access.
On TrueNAS, Syncthing is set to use a "UID" and "GID" of 568.  

If I change the UID/GID in TrueNAS, the container doesn't deploy properly due to permissions.
In the current configuration, I get permission errors when I connect the two directories.

On UnRAID, I'm only setting the sync to push the share.  I don't want Syncthing changing primary files/permissions.

Can anyone point me to what I'm missing?  I'm fairly certain it's a permission issue, but TrueNAS seems insistent on running as UID/GID of 568.  I'm sure there is some simple thing I'm overlooking, but I don't want to make a worse permissions issue doing this incorrectly.

Any help would be much appreciated.