PLEX Status: STOPPED

spooge

Hi I am fairly new to UNRAID I have installed the new version 6.13 trial, but i cant seem to be able to run plex media server on it. after installing and doing initial setup as per the video guide on the website and download plex 64bit to extra folder. plex appears in settings however when i enable the plugin, it doesn't start, the status says "Stopped", I dont understand what the problem could be. please help (same for the docker aswell)

118m5bb.jpg

I tried the plugin but it complicates things. it gives me an error PID not created or some thing. I dont want to use docker aswell asi dont know what that is and would like to avoid it if I can mainly because I will have to learn it hance spend more time.

I managed to get plex to run by changing location setting but now every time the system restarts Plex resets. I read some where that those settings are being saved in the ram instead of a HDD. is there a way to fix this?

My setup is fairly simple. an old core 2 duo on q35, 2gb ram for now with 2TB hdd and one usb flash drive 32gb. No parity Drive

I tried the plugin but it complicates things. it gives me an error PID not created or some thing. I dont want to use docker aswell asi dont know what that is and would like to avoid it if I can mainly because I will have to learn it hance spend more time.

I managed to get plex to run by changing location setting but now every time the system restarts Plex resets. I read some where that those settings are being saved in the ram instead of a HDD. is there a way to fix this?

My setup is fairly simple. an old core 2 duo on q35, 2gb ram for now with 2TB hdd and one usb flash drive 32gb. No parity Drive

Open your Flash at Root and create a Folder called "extra"

Put the Plex*.txz File in there an reboot your unraid-server

Done  ;)

>> Docker is B...S..T - for me  ;)

Every time you want to upgrade your Plex-Server, you need "someone" who can create a Docker-Container-Whatever for you

>> Not Reliable  :P

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using Docker / Plex for a while now.  I went ahead and updated to the latest Plex version.  Thereafter, everyone in my family started calling me because they couldn't access Plex.

Now, I'm doing some research, and found that I can't start Plex via Docker at all.  Then I went ahead and re-booted my UnRaid server, and Plex started by itself.  It appears that you have to reboot after updating Plex.  I never rebooted before.

I've been using Docker / Plex for a while now.  I went ahead and updated to the latest Plex version.  Thereafter, everyone in my family started calling me because they couldn't access Plex.

Now, I'm doing some research, and found that I can't start Plex via Docker at all.  Then I went ahead and re-booted my UnRaid server, and Plex started by itself.  It appears that you have to reboot after updating Plex.  I never rebooted before.

How did you update Plex in Docker? You should have just restarted the Plex docker and it will update itself to latest version. Don't update from within Plex.

How did you update Plex in Docker? You should have just restarted the Plex docker and it will update itself to latest version. Don't update from within Plex.

I went to the docker section and next to the plex icon had an update link. I clicked on it and it did the update.

I went to the docker section and next to the plex icon had an update link. I clicked on it and it did the update.

I agree that seems like it should do it but it actually doesn't. Click on the Plex docker icon and select Restart. That will force it to go get the newer version and install it. Takes a minute or two to finish before the Plex server admin page will again be available so you can check if the version is up-to-date.

I agree that seems like it should do it but it actually doesn't. Click on the Plex docker icon and select Restart. That will force it to go get the newer version and install it. Takes a minute or two to finish before the Plex server admin page will again be available so you can check if the version is up-to-date.

Actually I just did the update a few minutes ago.  I clicked on the "update ready" link.  Another window came up with the update status complete.  I went ahead and rebooted to be on the safe side, and it's working fine.