[SOLVED]Thumb drive died...what next?

I was running version 5.0.5 of Unraid and my thumbdrive died. I do not have a backup of it. Is the data recoverable? If I go through the process of requesting a new key, can I go straight to version 6?

Assuming your data disks are fine, then they can be read on any OS that supports reiserfs, including unRAID v6 (or linux or even Windows with some additional software installed).

Going straight to v6 should work fine. You just need to know which drives are parity and cache.

I will be able to identify my cache drive easy. But I don't know which drive is my parity. I have 3 3TB drives, with one being the parity. Is there a way I can determine which one is parity?

Assign all the drives except the known cache drive as a data drive. The drive that shows as unformatted or unmountable when assigned to a data drive slot will be the parity drive, since parity isn't formatted or mountable. If more than one drive appears to be unformatted or unmountable, then check back for further advice.