[Support] Linuxserver.io - OpenVPN AS

4 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Better to have an alternate access method. Free teamviewer account on a VM or some other machine on the network, a VPN on your router, any other secure method to get local network access.

I have 2 openvpn servers set up on mine. One on the router (pfsense), which is my main connection, and another on unraid as a docker container, which is my backup. 

I also have chrome remote desktop enabled on a windows vm on unraid as a backup to the backup

• 2 weeks later...

After much troubleshooting, I appear to have hit a wall in my configuration.

I have 2 network interfaces (eth0 and eth1) both connected to my router with an IP of 192.168.1.1

• Bonding is disabled
  • eth0 has the IP 192.168.1.13
  • eth1 has no IP
  • Bridging is enabled on both interfaces
  • VLAN is disabled on both interfaces\
  • Router DHCP range 192.168.1.50 -> 192.168.1.100

Docker

• via GUI settings I have a custom interface on br1 (Subnet 192.168.1.0/24, Gateway 192.168.1.1, DHCP pool 192.168.1.128/26)
  • For testing I have 3 sample docker containers on 3 different Network types
    • Deluge on Host
    • Letsencrypt on Bridge
    • HomeAssistant on br1 (with IP 192.168.1.133 - This is set statically)

All of these docker containers and the unRaid WebUI work fine from local network. As does Internet access.

The Problem

1. I can successfully have an OpenVPN-AS container running in Host mode, connect to it remotely and from there I can route internet traffic via the VPN, see other devices on the network (such as the WebUI for the router), access the Deluge and Letsencrypt containers and access the UnRaid WebUI. I cannot access the HomeAssistant container via this setup.
  2. I can successfully move the OpenVPN-AS container to the br1 network (resulting in an IP of 192.168.1.128), modify my port-forwarding settings on the router and connect to it with a client. Now I can access HomeAssistant without issue. I cannot however access the internet, the UnRaid WebUI, the Deluge or Letsencrypt dockers or any other items on the network (including the Router WebUI).
  3. When I have OpenVPN-AS in mode 2 and use the terminal within the container, I can successfully access all required endpoints (Internet Resources, Local network resources, and all 3 Docker containers).

I have tried using command-line created macvlan networks for use by docker instead of via the UnRaid WebUI with the same result.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I am at my wit's end.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:42 AM, sjaak said:

I use this docker app and here its running on 2.6.1 :S, i use CA Auto Update Applications to do fully automatic updates. didn't pay for any licence, the free version is enough for me.

Seems it was recently updated! Thanks devs!

Hey, 

I'm currently using PIA VPN client for Transmission which takes over the UDP for OpenVPN. And I'm getting some problems because connecting the VPN over TCP can be slow at times. Does somebody has a workaround or have experienced the same issue?

FYI. I don't have a VPN capable router

On latest RC, I am getting this issue when starting the server from within the docker's webui:

service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user'])
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_openvpn'])
Service deferred error: IPTablesServiceBase: failed to run iptables-restore [status=2]: ['iptables-restore v1.6.0: Bad IP address ""', '', 'Error occurred at line: 148', "Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information."]: internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/mycprof:11,<string>:1,sagent/sagent_entry:14,sagent/sagent_entry:11,util/daemon:28,util/daemon:69,application/app:423,scripts/_twistd_unix:202,application/app:445,application/app:348,internet/base:1166,internet/base:1178,internet/epollreactor:194,python/log:85,python/log:70,python/context:59,python/context:37,internet/epollreactor:223,internet/posixbase:191,internet/process:260,internet/process:762,internet/process:775,internet/_baseprocess:60,svc/pp:117,svc/svcnotify:32,internet/defer:238,internet/defer:307,internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/error:61,util/error:44
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user', 'iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

getting same, forced update of container, same error, container starts, but service in container fails with error below

Error:
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_openvpn'])
Service deferred error: IPTablesServiceBase: failed to run iptables-restore [status=2]: ['iptables-restore v1.6.0: Bad IP address ""', '', 'Error occurred at line: 146', "Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information."]: internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/mycprof:11,<string>:1,sagent/sagent_entry:14,sagent/sagent_entry:11,util/daemon:28,util/daemon:69,application/app:423,scripts/_twistd_unix:202,application/app:445,application/app:348,internet/base:1166,internet/base:1178,internet/epollreactor:194,python/log:85,python/log:70,python/context:59,python/context:37,internet/epollreactor:223,internet/posixbase:191,internet/process:260,internet/process:762,internet/process:775,internet/_baseprocess:60,svc/pp:117,svc/svcnotify:32,internet/defer:238,internet/defer:307,internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/error:61,util/error:44
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user', 'iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Getting the same. i got it running once with downgrade to version 150. but when i restartet it was the same again.

Error:
Service deferred error: IPTablesServiceBase: failed to run iptables-restore [status=2]: ['iptables-restore v1.6.0: Bad IP address ""', '', 'Error occurred at line: 146', "Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information."]: internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/mycprof:11,<string>:1,sagent/sagent_entry:14,sagent/sagent_entry:11,util/daemon:28,util/daemon:69,application/app:423,scripts/_twistd_unix:202,application/app:445,application/app:348,internet/base:1166,internet/base:1178,internet/epollreactor:194,python/log:85,python/log:70,python/context:59,python/context:37,internet/epollreactor:223,internet/posixbase:191,internet/process:260,internet/process:762,internet/process:775,internet/_baseprocess:60,svc/pp:117,svc/svcnotify:32,internet/defer:238,internet/defer:307,internet/defer:323,sagent/ipts:122,sagent/ipts:49,util/error:61,util/error:44

*** Update after some trying. I got it to work. *** 

Change the in the Container

Network Type: from HOST to Brigde

INTERFACE:  from BOND0 to ETH0

Hopes this helps somebody :)

Edited by Stef-dk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
23 hours ago, Stef-dk said:

Getting the same. i got it running once with downgrade to version 150. but when i restartet it was the same again.

Error:

*** Update after some trying. I got it to work. *** 

Change the in the Container

Network Type: from HOST to Brigde

INTERFACE:  from BOND0 to ETH0

Hopes this helps somebody :)

Thank you so much! I should have checked the forums first.

• Like 1

ya its set to bond0, but i can not ping anthing on my local 192.168.0.0 lan anymore and cant pull up any web interface

it was working just fine until the rc1 update

the above methed gives me a 172.x.x.x ip address, instead of the old 192.168.0x i used to get

Edited by MyKroFt

Hi, I have tried this docker on both my Unraid servers (as per SpaceInvader's video; so I think I set up everything correctly).

But I cannot get the server to start; I get the following error(s); same on both.

What I did notice that the server should already be running after installing the docker (and before making some of the changes, like replacing the admin, etc.), but that was obviously not the case with mine.

image.png.5196f7d1dd57cf51344fbd0f32951bd7.png

What am I doing wrong?

24 minutes ago, gerard6110 said:

Hi, I have tried this docker on both my Unraid servers (as per SpaceInvader's video; so I think I set up everything correctly).

But I cannot get the server to start; I get the following error(s); same on both.

What I did notice that the server should already be running after installing the docker (and before making some of the changes, like replacing the admin, etc.), but that was obviously not the case with mine.

image.png.5196f7d1dd57cf51344fbd0f32951bd7.png

What am I doing wrong?

If you read a little bit up on this page, you'll find the solution. 

7 minutes ago, gacpac said:

I updated to version 6.7.0 and my openvpn stopped working. Is somebody else having the same issue?

Assuming "stopped working" means the docker won't start, if you read up a few posts on this page, you will see lots of people did have the same issue and a solution is mentioned as working for all of them.  You might try that (setting docker to bridge mode instead of host).  😀

Assuming "stopped working" means the docker won't start, if you read up a few posts on this page, you will see lots of people did have the same issue and a solution is mentioned as working for all of them.  You might try that (setting docker to bridge mode instead of host). 
Sorry. The docker starts and everything but it doesn't connect, and the route is also gone from the network settings. I literally rolled back and started working again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• trurl pinned and unpinned this topic