[Solved] SMB shares not being passed through to Dockers

Shadowrunner

Hi,

I've a couple of SMB shares mounted with the Unassigned Devices plugin, and since yesterday these shares are no longer being passed through to dockers (tried with Crashplan, EMBY, Plex). The shares are accessible at the /mnt/disks/xxxx location in putty and through the file explorer in the GUI.

The container folders appear in the docker but are empty and everything which Plex plays from these shares is showing as unavailable. Crashplan reports the folder as empty.

I've removed and re-added the share, restarted the array/server, recreated the mapping for the docker and removed and created the dockers from scratch but still nothing.

I've also tried mounting as NFS shares but still have the same issue.

I'm running 6.1.3 and all dockers and the plugin are the current versions.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SR

Thanks trurl, that got it.

I knew it had to be something simple, although it's strange it occurred without the dockers being stopped or the share being unmounted.

SR

Disabling the docker service stops any running dockers and they are restarted if set to autostart. Since the drives were already mounted, when the docker service was restarted, it could see the mounts.

I knew it had to be something simple, although it's strange it occurred without the dockers being stopped or the share being unmounted.

SR

Disabling the docker service stops any running dockers and they are restarted if set to autostart. Since the drives were already mounted, when the docker service was restarted, it could see the mounts.

Race condition at startup?

SR

Race condition at startup?

Why I still manually mount my smb shares in go prior to emhttp loading.

Archived