Request: Homebridge

Can someone roll together a Docker app for Homebridge? https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge

I've got some Limitless LED bulbs that I'd love to be able to control via Siri

-------------------------

Homebridge is a lightweight NodeJS server you can run on your home network that emulates the iOS HomeKit API. It includes a set of "shims" that provide a basic bridge from HomeKit to various 3rd-party APIs provided by manufacturers of "smart home" devices.

Since Siri supports devices added through HomeKit, this means that with Homebridge you can ask Siri to control devices that don't have any support for HomeKit at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Throwing my hat into the ring as well to +1 this!  This would be outstanding.

FYI, if/when it does happen, from what I have read, the network type will need to be set to host.  See https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge/issues/309

Edit: Actually, there are probably more challenges that would need to be overcome, such as the ability to install the various plugins.  If they could live outside of the Docker container, then that wouldn't be too difficult, but if not, this could be a hurdle.

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing with Homebridge on a Rasp PI but plugins are installed using 'npm' which is an incremental process on the pi (i.e. you add each plugin as you need it) but for a docker I guess a start script could scan a plugin directory and install all the plugins at start up time?

Otherwise, there isn't a UI and other than a log file the setup should be easy, though try as I might I have never managed to get a docker working unless some kind sole creates the necessary and adds it into the 'community'.

• 3 weeks later...

ckuburlis,

Great job, thank you for taking this on.  A quick question ... which plug-ins if any did you include (i.e., homebridge-isy-js, homebridge-sonos, homebridge-nest, etc?  I'm currently running this in an ubuntu VM and I'm wondering if I can just use this docker version.

Thanks,

hm

By default no plugins are installed, however you can install whatever plugins you'd like when the container starts up.

On start it'll search the config directory for a file called "pluginsInstallList" which should have whichever plugins you'd like installed (take a look at the pluginsInstallList.Example file for an idea of how to format it - just one plugin name per line with one empty line at the end).

After starting up and installing all the plugins, the file name will have .done appended to it so the plugins don't install every time the container starts up - leads to really long start up times.

I can't seem to get this docker to start at all. I click the start button and it says started with the green play button, but I refresh the page and it says its stopped with the red stop button on it. The log on the docker page doesn't show anything, not sure what I am doing wrong here, anyone have any suggestions?

I have put the config.json file and the pluginsInstallList file into a folder that was named /mnt/cache/appdata/homebridge which is the host path in the docker settings. A folder called persist is created and it changed the one file to pluginsInstallList.done, not sure if that sounds correct, not sure what else to try

I got the plugins to run it looks like and the plugininstallfile.done is in there now and it showed the following at the end:

Installing homebridge-LogitechHarmony

Loaded plugin: homebridge-philipshue

Registering platform 'homebridge-philipshue.PhilipsHue'

---

Loaded plugin: homebridge-sonos

Registering accessory 'homebridge-sonos.Sonos'

---

Loaded plugin: homebridge-wink

Registering platform 'homebridge-wink.Wink'

But it still won't keep the docker running, when I refresh the page it shows the red stop button.

• 2 weeks later...