Request: Homebridge

I'm trying to get this up and running with just the wemo plugin for now, but am getting an error:

[12/4/2016, 8:30:30 AM] ERROR LOADING PLUGIN homebridge-platform-wemo:

[12/4/2016, 8:30:30 AM] Error: Plugin /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-platform-wemo requires a HomeBridge version of >=0.4.1 which does not satisfy the current HomeBridge version of 0.3.4. You may need to upgrade your installation of HomeBridge.

I assume this means that the image needs an update.

I'm trying to get this up and running with just the wemo plugin for now, but am getting an error:

[12/4/2016, 8:30:30 AM] ERROR LOADING PLUGIN homebridge-platform-wemo:

[12/4/2016, 8:30:30 AM] Error: Plugin /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-platform-wemo requires a HomeBridge version of >=0.4.1 which does not satisfy the current HomeBridge version of 0.3.4. You may need to upgrade your installation of HomeBridge.

I assume this means that the image needs an update.

Appears to, but change the install plugin to 'homebridge-wemo', this has installed fine for me and the log shows it's found my device.

Not at home to actually test it but should get you a little further.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just tried installing this from lukeadair's repo and am getting this error:

Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: archive/tar: invalid tar header

any ideas?

Ignore this, got it to work by just retrying twice.

Another issue right now is Unraid isn't' telling me there's any port mappings.  I'm new to creating my own port mappings for docker in unraid.

I tried to add a custom port, but there are no fields to specify container vs host port which I find confusing. Anyone have a quick tip?

Just tried installing this from lukeadair's repo and am getting this error:

Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: archive/tar: invalid tar header

any ideas?

Ignore this, got it to work by just retrying twice.

Another issue right now is Unraid isn't' telling me there's any port mappings.  I'm new to creating my own port mappings for docker in unraid.

I tried to add a custom port, but there are no fields to specify container vs host port which I find confusing. Anyone have a quick tip?

If you have the docker set to use host network mode, then it take whatever ports it needs from the host. You must set the docker to use bridge network mode if you need to map to different ports.
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't seem to be able to install any plugins. I tried it with harmonyhub and sonos and neither worked. I added the line "homebridge-harmonyhub" to the pluginsInstallList and after restarting the Homebridge-Docker the only thing I was presented with was the following error:

Installing homebridge-harmonyhub
Process 14 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid)
Installing homebridge-harmonyhub
npm ERR! Linux 4.4.30-unRAID
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "-g" "homebridge-harmonyhub\r"
npm ERR! node v6.4.0
npm ERR! npm v3.10.3
npm ERR! The header content contains invalid characters
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR! <https://github.com/npm/npm/issues>
npm ERR! Please includ

Homebridge then stops with the following error message:

throw new Error("The requested platform '" + name + "' was not registered by any plugin.");
^
Error: The requested platform 'HarmonyHub' was not registered by any plugin.

Has anybody any idea what I'm doing wrong or even a suggestion to solve this problem? Help would be much appreciated.

Just adding my 2 cents for what it took to get smart things working with homebridge.  This is the general guide I used but what I have below will help with our docker.    https://github.com/pdlove/homebridge-smartthings.

After the docker is installed I SSH into the unraid box.

Then I got console access on the container.  docker exec -it containername bash      (docker exec -it homebridge bash)

from there I updated homebridge

npm install -g homebridge

Install this plugin using: npm install -g homebridge-smartthings

after that drop your config.json file in the root of the homebridge directory.  I used http://jsonlint.com to help validate that my json was actually written correctly.  Hopefully this helps someone out.

{
"bridge": {
	"name": "Homebridge",
	"username": "this looks like a Mac address",
	"port": 51826,
	"pin": "031-45-154"
},

"platforms": [{
	"platform": "SmartThings",
	"name": "SmartThings",
	"app_url": "https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/",
	"app_id": "your app ID",
	"access_token": "Your Access token"
}]
}

• Upvote 3

Below is from my logs of Homebridge. I can see the homebridge on my iphone and can connect to it, but none of my devices show up. I am thinking it may have something to do with the avahi-daemon, but not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Process 15 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid)
Installing homebridge-homeassistant
/usr/lib
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
? ?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
?  [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!

*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister>

[2/8/2017, 5:48:25 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeassistant
[2/8/2017, 5:48:25 PM] Registering platform 'homebridge-homeassistant.HomeAssistant'
[2/8/2017, 5:48:25 PM] ---
Scan this code with your HomeKit App on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:
[30;47m [0m
[30;47m ????? [0m
[30;47m ? 031-45-154 ? [0m
[30;47m ????? [0m
[30;47m [0m
[2/8/2017, 5:48:25 PM] Homebridge is running on port 51826.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 10:59 PM, bfeist said:

Thanks for the work on this. I'm getting an error that I haven't seen on any of my other docker instances.

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

Any ideas what might be causing it? (This is, of course, on the brand new Unraid 6.2)

were you able to resolve this?  I am gettign the same error when trying to install the docker.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:01 AM, bdee1 said:
On 9/19/2016 at 10:59 PM, bfeist said:

Thanks for the work on this. I'm getting an error that I haven't seen on any of my other docker instances.

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

Any ideas what might be causing it? (This is, of course, on the brand new Unraid 6.2)

were you able to resolve this?  I am getting the same error when trying to install the docker.

bdee1, I tried to point bfeist to the Docker FAQ, where the answer is, down in the Troubleshooting section.  This has been a common issue, one I've highlighted in the Docker FAQ index.

Edited by RobJ
update link
On 2/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, darbronnoco said:

Just adding my 2 cents for what it took to get smart things working with homebridge.  This is the general guide I used but what I have below will help with our docker.    https://github.com/pdlove/homebridge-smartthings.

After the docker is installed I SSH into the unraid box.

Then I got console access on the container.  docker exec -it containername bash      (docker exec -it homebridge bash)

from there I updated homebridge

npm install -g homebridge

Install this plugin using: npm install -g homebridge-smartthings

after that drop your config.json file in the root of the homebridge directory.  I used http://jsonlint.com to help validate that my json was actually written correctly.  Hopefully this helps someone out.

{
},

"app_url": "https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/",
}]
}
Thanks for this. Managed to get the docker up and running with the following lines in the logs below...however when I open the Home app on an iOS device (tried multiple) and try to add an accessory, it can't find Homebridge. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

[3/1/2017, 11:01:23 PM] Homebridge is running on port 51826.
[3/1/2017, 11:01:23 PM] [SmartThings] Direct Connect Is Listening On 192.168.1.200:8888
[3/1/2017, 11:01:23 PM] [SmartThings] SmartThings Hub Communication Established

• 1 month later...

Anyone have issues with the docker randomly stopping? I can't figure out what the issue is. Here's what my log says: 

errorhub { Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.168:5222

at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1026:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1049:20)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1081:14)
code: 'EHOSTUNREACH',
errno: 'EHOSTUNREACH',
syscall: 'connect',
address: '192.168.1.168',
port: 5222 }
events.js:160
throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event

^

Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6

at Connection.onStanza (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-harmonyhub/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:355:17)
at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-harmonyhub/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at StreamParser.emit (events.js:188:7)
at SaxLtx.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-harmonyhub/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:58:14)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at SaxLtx.emit (events.js:188:7)
at SaxLtx._handleTagOpening (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-harmonyhub/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:31:18)
at SaxLtx.write (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-harmonyhub/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:105:26)
at StreamParser.write (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-harmonyhub/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:123:17)
at Connection.onData (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-harmonyhub/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:305:17)
at emitOne (events.js:101:20)
at Socket.emit (events.js:188:7)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:177:18)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:135:10)
at TCP.onread (net.js:542:20)
Process 13 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid)
/root/install_plugins.sh: line 7: /root/.homebridge/pluginsInstallList: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat ‘/root/.homebridge/pluginsInstallList’: No such file or directory
*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, darbronnoco said:

{
},

}]
}

Thank you for this. Where do I get the values for username, pin, app_id, and access_token?

H.

Edited by hernandito