Request: Homebridge

13 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Enable advance/docker search in CA and then put in the words "homebridge". It should come back with similar results to the following direct search that's shows 119 registries matching the keyword of "homebridge": https://hub.docker.com/search/?isAutomated=0&isOfficial=0&page=1&pullCount=0&q=homebridge&starCount=0

Also sort of related to this, if you read through the forums you will see one of the more popular related docker containers for is called NodeRed -- here is their official docker:  https://hub.docker.com/r/nodered/node-red-docker/  It is typically used to provide GUI-based programming of your home automation.

thanks, I was looking for an official unraid docker but I guess this will work for now.

Edited by squirrellydw
On 2/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, darbronnoco said:

Just adding my 2 cents for what it took to get smart things working with homebridge.  This is the general guide I used but what I have below will help with our docker.    https://github.com/pdlove/homebridge-smartthings.

After the docker is installed I SSH into the unraid box.

Then I got console access on the container.  docker exec -it containername bash      (docker exec -it homebridge bash)

from there I updated homebridge

npm install -g homebridge

Install this plugin using: npm install -g homebridge-smartthings

after that drop your config.json file in the root of the homebridge directory.  I used http://jsonlint.com to help validate that my json was actually written correctly.  Hopefully this helps someone out.

{
"bridge": {
	"name": "Homebridge",
	"username": "this looks like a Mac address",
	"port": 51826,
	"pin": "031-45-154"
},

"platforms": [{
	"platform": "SmartThings",
	"name": "SmartThings",
	"app_url": "https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/",
	"app_id": "your app ID",
	"access_token": "Your Access token"
}]
}

I too cannot get the Homebridge with the SmartThings plugin to show up on my iOS devices. I followed the guide and everything shows up as running on the Log window.

hoS67qH.png

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

H.

So for all of you that are having issues with the Homebridge docker quitting after X amount of time (most likely due to the harmonyhub plugin). Try this:

• Edit the docker
  • Turn on Advanced
  • In parameters add:
  • --restart=unless-stopped

This should restart the docker if it crashes unexpectedly.

Edited by erichner
Changed from unless-exited to unless-stopped
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, erichner said:

So for all of you that are having issues with the Homebridge docker quitting after X amount of time (most likely due to the harmonyhub plugin). Try this:

• Edit the docker
  • Turn on Advanced
  • In parameters add:

This should restart the docker if it crashes unexpectedly.

When you referenced :

--restart=unless-exited

Is there any chance that you meant? 

--restart=unless-stopped

I attempted your suggestion, however it caused the docker to fail when executing the run command. When I then tried to look the command up online, I couldn't locate it anywhere in the Docker documentation.  A little further digging, and I found the "unless-stopped" reference, which sounds quite similar. 

Not sure if you've made a typo or I've missed something. But as "unless-stopped" does not cause the docker to crash, I've temporarily set it to that for now (docker runs - no problem), and hopefully it fixes the issue described earlier (so far, so good!) :)

7 minutes ago, callummc said:

When you referenced :

--restart=unless-exited

Is there any chance that you meant? 

--restart=unless-stopped

I attempted your suggestion, however it caused the docker to fail when executing the run command. When I then tried to look the command up online, I couldn't locate it anywhere in the Docker documentation.  A little further digging, and I found the "unless-stopped" reference, which sounds quite similar. 

Not sure if you've made a typo or I've missed something. But as "unless-stopped" does not cause the docker to crash, I've temporarily set it to that for now (docker runs - no problem), and hopefully it fixes the issue described earlier (so far, so good!) :)

Yes, you're right. I updated my post to reflect the correction.

My homebridge has been running all day so far!

Hi,

Is it possible to change the Docker to install the LATEST version of Homebridge (HB)? I use basically 3 things in my home with HB; SmartThings, Sonos, and Lifx bulbs.

The Lifx plugin will not run on the default install version of HB. I have to manually go into the HB Docker and run:

npm upgrade -g homebridge

Once I do this, I have to manually install via command line the Lifx plugin.

If I put the Lifx plugin in the pluginsInstallList file, the docker crashes... it is cumbersome to get around this.

Or is it possible to add a line for upgrading homebridge in pluginsInstallList?

Many thanks,

H.

Another question unrelated to the one above.

Does anyone use an Ankuoo REC switch with Homebridge? They are so cheap at $20 and very reliable... There is an HB  plugin, but there is some "packet sniffing" procedure to make it work. The switch is sadly NOT compatible with SmartThings.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the necessary codes with packet sniffing to put into the config.json. Here is the link to the plugin.

This would complete my entire home automation gear with HB.

Thanks!

H.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 9:33 PM, hernandito said:

Hi,

Is it possible to change the Docker to install the LATEST version of Homebridge (HB)? I use basically 3 things in my home with HB; SmartThings, Sonos, and Lifx bulbs.

The Lifx plugin will not run on the default install version of HB. I have to manually go into the HB Docker and run:

npm upgrade -g homebridge

Im running into similar issues. I've tried both docker templates reference in this thread so far.

1. A couple plugins require a newer version.

2. I'm also running into an issue where the docker, immediately after starting up is showing as stopped in unRAID, but nothing is appearing in the log file to indicate why.

Edited by KungFuCowboy
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jrdnlc said:

Is this docker still being updated? I can't upgrade to the latest version and docker app stops working sometimes out of nowhere. If someone can make an official unraid docker for this I will paypal some money as a thank you and support

find my post above and get to the shell inside of the docker and update away.  while you are there make sure you have the current homebridge plugins for your needs too.  The original container has been running rock solid for me with smartthings.     

On 7/4/2017 at 4:48 PM, darbronnoco said:

find my post above and get to the shell inside of the docker and update away.  while you are there make sure you have the current homebridge plugins for your needs too.  The original container has been running rock solid for me with smartthings.     

docker exec -it homebridge bash is not working for me

root@unRAID:~# docker exec -t homebridge bash 
bash: docker: command not found

EDIT: I got it to work. The correct command is

docker exec -it Homebridge /bin/bash

Edited by jrdnlc

What's the fix for this? Should I just ignore the error?

gyp WARN EACCES user "undefined" does not have permission to access the dev dir "/root/.node-gyp/6.4.0"
gyp WARN EACCES attempting to reinstall using temporary dev dir "/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/curve25519-n2/.node-gyp"
make: Entering directory `/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/curve25519-n2/build'
  CXX(target) Release/obj.target/curve/node_curve.o
  SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/obj.target/curve.node
  COPY Release/curve.node
make: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/curve25519-n2/build'

> [email protected] install /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/ed25519
> node-gyp rebuild

gyp WARN EACCES user "undefined" does not have permission to access the dev dir "/root/.node-gyp/6.4.0"
gyp WARN EACCES attempting to reinstall using temporary dev dir "/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/ed25519/.node-gyp"
make: Entering directory `/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/ed25519/build'

• 4 weeks later...
On 7.7.2017 at 9:03 AM, jrdnlc said:

docker exec -it homebridge bash is not working for me

root@unRAID:~# docker exec -t homebridge bash 
bash: docker: command not found

EDIT: I got it to work. The correct command is

docker exec -it Homebridge /bin/bash

You could simply run

docker exec homebridge sudo npm update -g homebridge

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Can anyone help me parse these logs to figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Process 13 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid)

/root/install_plugins.sh: line 7: /root/.homebridge/pluginsInstallList: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘/root/.homebridge/pluginsInstallList’: No such file or directory

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!

*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!

*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister>

[8/9/2017, 2:18:10 PM] No plugins found. See the README for information on installing plugins.

[8/9/2017, 2:18:10 PM] Loaded config.json with 1 accessories and 1 platforms.

[8/9/2017, 2:18:10 PM] ---

[8/9/2017, 2:18:10 PM] Loading 1 platforms...

/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:106

throw new Error("The requested platform '" + name + "' was not registered by any plugin.");

^

Error: The requested platform 'HarmonyHub' was not registered by any plugin.

at API.platform (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:106:13)

at Server._loadPlatforms (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:263:45)

at Server.run (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:71:36)

at module.exports (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:40:10)

at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)

at Module._compile (module.js:556:32)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10)

at Module.load (module.js:473:32)

at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3)

2 minutes ago, hans-peter123 said:

You have to install the HarmonyHub plugin in the docker container first.

(Not only the config file)

or have you allready done that?

If I go to the plugin homepage, https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-harmonyhub , it says to install it with the command npm install -g homebridge-harmonyhub which I can't do because when I try to SSH into the docker I'm repeatedly told that "Error response from daemon: Container b18f55100aaa61685208d8100251283c449668212cc47642dcf76a960559af55 is restarting, wait until the container is running" :( I have the plugin downloaded on my Mac, should I just copy it to the root of the homebridge folder in app data?

You have to login in your UnRAID  Server over SSH, than execute:

docker exec -i -t homebridge /bin/bash

Now you are in the Homebridge container

-Works only when the Container is running,

-If there is a problem while starting the container -> Safe and clear the config and start the container for installing plugins

Now you can execute:

npm i -g homebridge-harmonyhub

Now when you restart the Homebridge container it should work

Edited by hans-peter123
16 hours ago, hans-peter123 said:

You have to login in your Unrat Server over SSH, than execute:

docker exec -i -t homebridge /bin/bash

Now you are in the Homebridge container

-Works only when the Container is running,

-If there is a problem while starting the container -> Safe and clear the config and start the container for installing plugins

Now you can execute:

npm i -g homebridge-harmonyhub

Now when you restart the Homebridge container it should work

Got it! Thanks! Now to figure out why Harmony is only allowing control of activities and not devices...

I'm having issues with this docker. It randomly throws this error and I have to reinstall everything again

throw new Error("The requested platform '" + name + "' was not registered by any plugin.");
^
Error: The requested platform 'HarmonyHub' was not registered by any plugin.

• 2 weeks later...

Any fix for home bridge not showing in IOS?

I've followed instructions from this page and smarthings but not getting anything showing in IOS? 

Have tried to delete persist and change the mac address but nothing?

EDIT:

Fixed by changing docker to adair21

Edited by Bizmo