Request: Homebridge

ok i think it figured it out!

there were two issues:

1) when I added the smartthings info to the config.json, i overwrote the "config" platform that came with the docker container.

2) while I was messing around with it, i removed and re-added the docker container in unraid a few times, and the last time around I had forgotten to install the smartthings plugin again.

so I did the following:

1) restored my config.json to the original one and restarted the docker container.

2) loaded the WebUI and installed the smartthings plugin

3) updated my config.json (see below).

I found the issue by going to the dockers tab in unraid and clicking the logs icon on the right side next to the homebridge container.  I was able to see that during startup, it was choking on the smartthings item.

My new working config.json

{
    "bridge": {
        "name": "Homebridge",
        "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
        "port": 51826,
        "pin": "031-45-154"
    },
    "description": "This is an example configuration file with gui. You can use this as a template for creating your own configuration file containing devices you actually own.",
    "accessories": [],
    "platforms": [
        {
            "platform": "config",
            "name": "Config",
            "port": 8124,
            "sudo": true
        },
        {
            "platform": "SmartThings",
            "name": "SmartThings",
            "app_url": "https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/",
            "app_id": "my-app-id",
            "access_token": "my-access-token"
        }
    ]
}

Cool, it all working now right?

ok i think it figured it out!

there were two issues:

1) when I added the smartthings info to the config.json, i overwrote the "config" platform that came with the docker container.
2) while I was messing around with it, i removed and re-added the docker container in unraid a few times, and the last time around I had forgotten to install the smartthings plugin again.

so I did the following:
1) restored my config.json to the original one and restarted the docker container.
2) loaded the WebUI and installed the smartthings plugin
3) updated my config.json (see below).

I found the issue by going to the dockers tab in unraid and clicking the logs icon on the right side next to the homebridge container.  I was able to see that during startup, it was choking on the smartthings item.

My new working config.json
{"bridge": {"name": "Homebridge","username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30","port": 51826,"pin": "031-45-154"},"description": "This is an example configuration file with gui. You can use this as a template for creating your own configuration file containing devices you actually own.","accessories": [],"platforms": [{"platform": "config","name": "Config","port": 8124,"sudo": true},{"platform": "SmartThings","name": "SmartThings","app_url": "https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/","app_id": "my-app-id","access_token": "my-access-token"}]}

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
34 minutes ago, dcuellar44 said:

Siwat, I'm having similar issues with not being able to connect to the WebUI. I get a cannot connect to server message. I tried deleting the homebridge folder within Appdata (like another user stated worked for him) and reinstalling but it still will not pull up. 

I changed it from host to Bridge and it is now working after giving it a few minutes. Hopefully someone else will find this useful in the future. Thank you siwat for the docker app!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all,

Since a lot has changed since this post was started I thought I would post an updated install process for those trying to install Homebridge in a Docker on their Unraid server.

I recommend going with the GUI version of the OZNU docker (packaged by Siwat2545) as it makes life much easier. It will install Homebridge but with the Homebridge Config UI X plugin preinstalled.

https://github.com/oznu/homebridge-config-ui-x

This assumes you already have the "Community Applications" app installed.

Go to Apps > Search for "homebridge" > Install "HomeBridge with webGUI"

Now you need to make some changes;

1) I recommend that you change "Console shell command:" to "Bash". If you need to do anything from the command line you will thank me.

2) Add any additional Homebridge plugins to the "Plugins:" variable.

3) If any of your plugins need additional linux packages to work, add them to the "APT Packages:" variable.

4) Add the two docker variables needed to enable the GUI by clicking on "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"

HOMEBRIDGE_CONFIG_UI, set to 1 to enable the GUI

HOMEBRIDGE_CONFIG_UI_PORT, set to 8124 (8124 seems to be the default in the config.json configuration file when I installed)

homebridge.thumb.png.f02cdb628b5b72ea83dc15249a894a98.png

If you change to a different port, eg 8080 (as above) then you have to update the corresponding port line in the docker's /root/.homebridge/config.json file from 8124 to 8080 (see below).

"platforms": [
        {
            "platform": "config",
            "name": "Config",
            "port": 8124,
            "sudo": true
        },

Then you can access the UI by pointing your browser at the port you configured.

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2020 at 4:56 AM, Jammy B said:

edit - getting log error on UI

Cannot show logs. "log" option is not configured correctly in your Homebridge config.json file.

I have the same issue. The logs can be accessed by clicking on the log icon in the Unraid Docker page.
I'm suspect that this is something to do with the way Dockers work under Unraid.
I am not sure where the log file is actually written to disk and it would be great if it was possible to update the config to be able to read it into the GUI window but I haven't worked that out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got some sonoff devices that are configured on my old homebridge setup.  The docker container doesn't seem to be able to resolve their .local names.  Any ideas as to how to fix that?

Edit: Looks like I need the avahi-daemon added to the docker container and started.  Though I'm not sure how to do that exactly.

Edited by Goobaroo
  • 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 8:10 AM, a_n_d_y said:

I can't directly help you with your question above.

However, if you want to make using and managing Homebridge painless, including installing plugins, you should consider using the OZNU Homebridge docker.

It has Homebridge Config UI X included:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-config-ui-x

Community Apps > Search for "homebridge" > click "Click Here To Get More Results from DockerHub"

Install oznu/homebridge

Changes to Make:

Repository: oznu/homebridge:latest

Variables:

/homebridge = homebridge appdata folder, ex. /mnt/cache/appdata/homebridge

Enable UI:

Add these variables

HOMEBRIDGE_CONFIG_UI, set to 1 to enable

HOMEBRIDGE_CONFIG_UI_PORT, set to 8080 or whatever port you want

Then you can access the UI at the configured port above.

Thank you for suggesting the OZNU homebridge project.   I was having issues with the HomeBridge with GUI docker recently and came here looking.   Following the instructions from the project's web site, I was able to get my HB instance back up and running and it's never been more stable.  

Edited by Monteroman
  • 1 year later...

Hi All

I am using the OZNU Homebridge docker.

And it works for everything except the Sonos ZP plugin?

I have by troubleshooting with the auther found that it is upnp that causes these problems?

What network setting are you running with?

Mine is:

image.thumb.png.b4821eb7007293ffb70a27bfc75b612c.png

And in the UI:

image.thumb.png.36574bc150de4291346786fb62b1bb1b.png

But I keep getting periodic UPnP announcements for .6 - the HOST! ?

[4/19/2022, 9:00:21 AM] [Sonos] upnp: RINCON_542A1BE254D901400 is alive at 192.168.0.6

Any input on how to resolve this?