Fusion-io Cache drive

I have been trying to get a recently gifted to me Fusion-io drive to show up to use as a Cache drive

IT does show up in the system devices as

06:00.0 Mass storage controller: SanDisk ioDrive2 (rev 04)

I have the drivers, but I haven't been able to figure out how to install the drivers to allow the drive to show up

BTW - the 2nd Fusion-io drive I installed into my Gaming machine... Now it can keep up with my 1Gbps FttH connection!

Well it's actually an PCIe Card... I have the drivers for it... I have one installed into my windows box and it is super fast and with my super fast FttH this would really help things out.

I have installed Unassigned Devices and seeing if that works now\

Edit - It doesn't show up... but I still believe that it's because the driver for this PCIe Card is not being loaded

I really want to make this work cause it will be a 785GB cache drive that would be super fast!

I sent an email out... I wouldn't even be upset if I had to load the drivers each time I rebooted (which is not very often).

I am sure that there is some smart person that has a script or something that runs during boot.

Additionally I know these PCIe storage cards have been debated and a lot of people even wonder why anyone would run one, but HEY! if it was free and would be kick-a$$ in the server who wouldn't run one?

• 5 months later...

So I have received a server board with 2 Intel processors (I believe that they are 4 cores each) and two more Fusion IO drives. So now I have a total of 4 Fusion IO drives 2 1.6tb and 2 765gigs.

This MB that I got has 7 PCIe slots and I know that I am going to be getting more Fusion IO drives throughout the year. So I really want to start utilizing these drives (Plus I may be getting fiber channel hard drive cards (sorry it's late so I can't remember what they where called, but I have the ability to get them if I wanted them to hook up multiple boxes together).

So is there a way to build the drivers for these cards so that Unraid will see them or am I going to have to switch over to windows server and run everything from there now and sadly have to stop using Unraid?

Needless to say I have some shuffling to start doing. First swapping out MB ram and so forth.

I would really like to cont to use Unraid but with an influx of these higher performance cards I can't just let them sit there and collect dust if you know what I mean.

20160324_205410.jpg.8e196f6b57f86251ee77ae9181122533.jpg

• 3 years later...

I am a unraid Noob that has ben on freenas for years & Love the speed it has! But i just migrated about 6Tb of data to unraid @ about 35mbps with a 10Gb & no cash drive ! so i need to know if the FUSION IO ioDriveII 1.2TB MLC PCIe SSD Will work on unraid for a cash drive ! it is very important to get my speeds back to 10gb (or as close as posible) an not a crappy 35mbps with a starting burst to 500mbps for like 3-5 seconds ! I Can not handle unraid with those kinds of speeds  so any help or advice will be greatly appreciated ! If Nothing can b done to Speed it up to 10gb or so Then i will Half To Go back to Freenas ! Thanks

Edited by BIGCHEW
my fat finger