unRAID Featured On linustechtips

This is great for asymmetric use too, so I could have an unRAID box next to my primary tv screen, and have a gaming "desk" close by. That way wife can watch her netflix, and I can play my Kerbal Space Program, and we only need one machine running.

This is exactly what we do in our house. One VM for OpenElec for the Lounge TV, and another VM powering my triple screen office PC. Works great.

it seems very well , but if you only have 1 usb controller and 1 SATA controller

and you want to passthru some USB devices to one VM and other to other VM

and passthru 1 SSD to  one VM and other SSD to other VM, how you could do it?

i remember 2 or 3 month ago I tested it system but i had lot of problems with usb.

it seems very well , but if you only have 1 usb controller and 1 SATA controller

and you want to passthru some USB devices to one VM and other to other VM

and passthru 1 SSD to  one VM and other SSD to other VM, how you could do it?

i remember 2 or 3 month ago I tested it system but i had lot of problems with usb.

Pass through just the USB devices, not the controller. Don't pass through full SSDs. Just create virtual disks. The issues with USB are only to specific devices.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a verry specific question to this usage with two GPU's.

Is it possible to passtrough two GPU's and then use Crossfire?

Would it be possible to switch the GPU's from 1 per VM to both GPU's on one VM or is this configuration done before the VM setup and can't be changed aterwards.

If you can change it, does it support PCI-E Hotplug in the VM or you need to restart the VM for it to take effect?

Greetings,

Haldi

• 1 month later...