Checksum Suite

Squid

1 hour ago, gnollo said:

Great, thank you! do I run that in a telnet session?

Preferably in a session guaranteed to stay up, so it can complete. Either use the screen program from a remote terminal, or use the local console on the unraid box.

Successful completion will give zero results, that command will give a listing of files that don't match. I suggest playing with it using a couple of small folders, so you can get comfortable with how it works. rsync -narcv <source path> <destination path>

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I tested te rsync command, it lists all the folders and files and it then wrote

"sent 776 bytes  received 136 bytes  608.00 bytes/sec

total size is 342,029  speedup is 375.03 (DRY RUN)"

I am guessing that it means that it found all the files on both sides?   

Compared another folder

"sent 982,270 bytes received 89,107 bytes  4,399.91 bytes/sec 

total size is 804,721,870  speedup is 751.11 (DRY RUN)"

This time is showed a much longer list of files during the run. Does it mean it found differences between the two folders? And did it actually write any files from the old drive to the rebuilt one?  

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Sounds like you may have the source and / or destination paths wrong. Try it on a pair of folders that you know for a fact are identical.

I tried one of the bluray rips, but it doesn't seem to handle spaces in the folder name, so I choose the whole Bluray older, and it's cranking away, "sending incremental file list".
No error messages so far. Has been going a while, used the terminal option in the server UI. CPU usage seems to indicate it's still going at it (1 CPU always close to 100%)

38 minutes ago, gnollo said:

No error messages so far. Has been going a while, used the terminal option in the server UI. CPU usage seems to indicate it's still going at it

That command doesn't give "errors", it tells you a list of files which don't match and would be transferred if you didn't have the n in the narcv

Checked on the computer this morning, the terminal session is now clear, like I just opened it. CPU is at 2% so I guess it finished.

How do I find out the results?

This is what it displays

"Linux 4.19.41-Unraid.
Last login: Mon Mar 30 17:20:15 +0100 2020 on /dev/pts/2.
root@Tower:~# "

Edited by gnollo
update
1 hour ago, gnollo said:

If the movie folder I want to test is structures as "Movie Name (2010)" how do I translate that in the command line?

Easiest way is to use tab completion. Start typing the beginning of the path and hit the tab key.

4 hours ago, gnollo said:

Checked on the computer this morning, the terminal session is now clear, like I just opened it.

Sounds like the terminal session got closed at some point. It should show the command you typed and eventually (hours later) return to the prompt, not just show a new session.

You need to use a console that won't automatically close or get terminated, either on the local console at the physical machine, or use the screen program to set up a virtual console that won't terminate.

For the benefit of others reading along, if anybody is, the reason I'm not redirecting the output to a file to be examined later is that there should be no files listed, so nothing to read in the output file. If it starts spitting out a file list, those files don't match. This was theoretically going to be an easy way to do file copy verification, not a full fledged sync routine.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Sounds like the terminal session got closed at some point. It should show the command you typed and eventually (hours later) return to the prompt, not just show a new session.

Is the prompt a flashing square? No message to say that the task was completed?

Ok so I tested by finding a sequence of folders with no spaces. Two files in the folder, each around 716,000 KB.

results on telnet message below. Does it mean that they are not identical?

root@Tower:~#

rsync -narcv /mnt/disks/WDC_WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0_WD-WCC4M3FD32PK/unraid/divx/Blindness  /mnt/disk2/unraid/div x/Blindness                     sending incremental file list                                                                                          

Blindness/                                                                                                              

Blindness/p-blind-cd1.avi                                                                                              

Blindness/p-blind-cd2.avi                                                                                                                                                                                    sent 156 bytes  received 26 bytes  14.56 bytes/sec                                                                      

total size is 1,468,149,760  speedup is 8,066,756.92 (DRY RUN)                                                                                                           

43 minutes ago, gnollo said:

rsync -narcv /mnt/disks/WDC_WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0_WD-WCC4M3FD32PK/unraid/divx/Blindness  /mnt/disk2/unraid/div x/Blindness

You need to add another slash to both paths or it will fail, like so:

rsync -narcv /mnt/disks/WDC_WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0_WD-WCC4M3FD32PK/unraid/divx/Blindness/  /mnt/disk2/unraid/divx/Blindness/

• Like 1

I am still unable to run rsync on a folder with spaces in it. Anyone has any idea other than using the TAB key on how to run it on a folder that is not named as a single word (TAB autocomplete does not work for me for some reason)?

I run the Checksum Compare app from a windows machine, scanning the same folder with spaces ("bluray full rips" on both drives (old and rebuilt) and it says it has found three files that are different. 

The are three large mkvs, tested them all three and they play all the way to the end. Could the files that parity recreated be corrupted and still work?