Kernel Crashes

mukow

Hi everyone,

Been using Unraid on a setup for around 2 years now and just purchased a second license to run up another machine.

Currently with this PC I am experiencing random crashes anywhere between 2 minutes to 14 hours. The attached pictures is what I see on the console when it crashes, I am unable to access the WebGui or telnet so not sure if I can gather logs before it restarts.

I am more of a hardware person so have tried replacing the NIC, RAM, PSU and even M/B with a spare.

The PC I am using is an HP Z200 workstation.

Browsing through the forum I saw similar issue users were having that were resolved by converting to XFS but I can confirm that I am already using XFS.

SMART checks on the drives seem to be OK.

If someone is able to let me know what the best way is to gather logs in this situation it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Images (too big to attach)

I also had Kernel issues when added a second box as a test and redundant server. My were of the "Panic" variety which appears to be different than yours. I ended up having Limetech switch the license over to another thumb drive as the one I was using on 5.0 would work great, but the new 6.x variants would cause the Kernel panic.

Curious to see if you can reproduce this same error if you put the new install (thumb drive) in your existing/working setup and see if it reacts the same way.

Edit: I also had an issue of a similar variety that was resolved by booting off of a different USB port. If you have 3.0 and 2.0 try the "other" one.

Unraid is 6.1.3.

Swapped to a new USB thumb drive and initially only had the issues when turned on docker.

I have disabled it since but still had reboots.

Definitely no USB3 on this PC but I tried the front USB instead of the back and still have the faults.

Not sure what steps to take next even to try and diagnose.