[Support] Linuxserver.io - Deluge

I have peter_sm's OpenVPN plugin installed and running perfectly but I would like to route Deluge's traffic (and only Deluge's traffic) through it leaving the rest of my containers ignoring the VPN tunnel entirely.  Is that something that I can just configure this container to do, or am I going about this all wrong?

The OpenVPN plugin I'm referring to is this one: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19439.0

I have peter_sm's OpenVPN plugin installed and running perfectly but I would like to route Deluge's traffic (and only Deluge's traffic) through it leaving the rest of my containers ignoring the VPN tunnel entirely

It would be easier to just use Binhex's DelugeVPN, it does exactly what you want, all in one container.
  • 2 weeks later...

Add ":12" to the end of the repository.

71e47e0028.jpg

Thanks, it worked for me too.  Is this a permanent fix or will a future update to Deluge overwrite the ":12"?  Or should we remove ":12" at some point?  I assume this was necessary following the upgrade to unRAID 6.2, right?

Thanks, John

Add ":12" to the end of the repository.

71e47e0028.jpg

Thanks, it worked for me too.  Is this a permanent fix or will a future update to Deluge overwrite the ":12"?  Or should we remove ":12" at some point?  I assume this was necessary following the upgrade to unRAID 6.2, right?

Thanks, John

As far as I know it's because an update to deluge is just a shit update and breaks with existing session data. So unless we want to re-add all the torrents, we're stuck on version 12 and it will stay that way unless you change it.

edit:typo

Hello All,

I am trying to get up a sonarr and Deluge server up and running.  For some reason i cannot seem to get the plugins running on my deluge docker, I used to have this all running on a w7 VM and i would much rather have it working with dockers, but without the extracter i will not be able to get it running.  Any one have any insites on how to fix this?  I have tried 2 different repos and they both seem to not launch the plugin after i put the check in the box.  After a bit of research it seems you need to have python running to get these plugins to work, is that already installed in my docker?  if not how do i get this running. 

Thank You in Advance.

PS please let me know if i am in the wrong place for this post.  I am still new here, Thank you :)

This version of Deluge docker failed to operate each time the unraid mover is invoked.

needo's version of Deluge docker works with the same docker configuration flawlessly.

Errrr.....  thanks.  It doesn't really help us to get to the bottom of any problems though does it?  And seeing as you've never actually posted in the deluge support thread reporting anything I guess I can only apologise that our psychic powers have failed.

needo's image also hasn't been updated in over a year, but I've heard he's got a better head of hair than me though...

My suggestion would be to continue using needo's image then.

This version of Deluge docker failed to operate each time the unraid mover is invoked.

needo's version of Deluge docker works with the same docker configuration flawlessly.

Errrr.....  thanks.  It doesn't really help us to get to the bottom of any problems though does it?  And seeing as you've never actually posted in the deluge support thread reporting anything I guess I can only apologise that our psychic powers have failed.

needo's image also hasn't been updated in over a year, but I've heard he's got a better head of hair than me though...

you are right, the needos docker is version 1.3.11 and yours is 1.3.13.

do you have any suggestion what information may help you to locate the problem ?

i've seen table tennis balls with better hair than you chbmb

do you have any suggestion what information may help you to locate the problem ?

Was ours a completely fresh pull with it's own appdata, not a migration to/from needo?

EXACTLY how is the container setup, screenshots or your docker run command are useful, including any setup you've done within deluge itself, inc plugins etc

Basically, to fix issues we need to know at least there's a problem and secondly, how to reproduce it.

Oh, and posting in the support thread for the app is a good start as well.

Was ours a completely fresh pull with it's own appdata, not a migration to/from needo?

EXACTLY how is the container setup, screenshots or your docker run command are useful, including any setup you've done within deluge itself, inc plugins etc

Basically, to fix issues we need to know at least there's a problem and secondly, how to reproduce it.

Thanks for the fast reply.

The actions i have performed are:

- stop Needo/Deluge server

- remove LinuxServer.io/Deluge (also remove image - checked in) through unRaid web interface.

- installed LinuxServer.io/Deluge

- configured the download directory to /mnt/user/Media/download/

- reused the existing deluge configuration in /mnt/user/appdata/deluge/

- unraid->Docker shows in web interface LinuxServer.io/Deluge being started

- Deluge web interface at https://192.168.0.100:8112 can't connect to the server. status = Offline

screenshots are attached and numbered chronologically (1-4)

DelugeLinuxServer_io.1.png.f903795f556c271e1da784f128a1e579.png

Isn't this the support thread for LinuxServer.io Deluge container?

The problems seems to be unRaid+Mover+Docker+Deluge 3.1.13 specific.

I am quite not sure if anyone in Deluge support would know what an unRaid mover is and how it works with the Deluge.

as the deluge complained about 2 docker containers using the same configuration directory, i removedthe needo/deluge docker (including image).

the resulting deluge.log file is short:

[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 daemon:124 Deluge daemon 1.3.13
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 core:85 Starting libtorrent 1.0.9.0 session..
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 rpcserver:367 Starting DelugeRPC server :58846
[WARNING ] 16:54:48 preferencesmanager:496 Unable to find GeoIP database file!
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 core:97 *** Start Label plugin ***
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Label enabled..
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Blocklist enabled..
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 torrentmanager:650 Successfully loaded state file: /config/state/torrents.state
[iNFO    ] 16:54:48 torrentmanager:779 Successfully loaded fastresume file: /config/state/torrents.fastresume 

I am using a https connection to the Deluge server (selfsigned certificate).

Deleting the content of /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/state/ directory solves the Deluge server connection problem.

But it deletes all my torrent progress etc.

Isn't this the support thread for LinuxServer.io Deluge container?

Technically, it would be this: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43430.0  (I think CHBMB just missed his morning coffee  ;)  )

You can get all the relevant support threads either through CA, or via the Alls Apps Support Thread sticky

Oh, please accept my apology.

If any moderator can move my Deluge related posts to the appropriate thread, it would be nice.

Continuing here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43430.msg505975#msg505975

As this seem to be the correct thread i am reporting here a LinuxServer.io Deluge docker problem.

After invoking unRaid mover the Deluge docker is inaccessible by Deluge client.

Deleting the content of /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/state/ solves the problem (but breaks all seeds and downloads).

The same problem doesn't occur with Deluge 3.1.11 from needo (using the same configuration in /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/).

Reinstalling LinuxServer.io Deluge and deleting the original image doesn't help.

More details in the post below (and all following posts in the corresponding thread):

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42092.msg505964#msg505964

Update1:

torrent filenames causing the problem contain special characters like '_','-','=' and '%'

(e.g. [xxT]Xxxxx_(1999)(XX)[1080p]_=_XXXX_91%.torrent)

the Deluge 3.1.11 log file contains ERRORs related to the filename (Deluge 3.1.13 doesn't complain):

[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 26: ordinal not in range(128)
[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 43: ordinal not in range(128)
[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)
[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 31: ordinal not in range(128)
[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 28: ordinal not in range(128)
[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 28: ordinal not in range(128)
[ERROR   ] 17:47:31 autoadd:80 Unable to auto add torrent due to improper filename encoding: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 33: ordinal not in range(128) 

Update2:

binhex-deluge 3.1.13 is working fine with the same torrents. The error doesn't seem to be Deluge 3.1.13 related and the filenames don't seem to cause the error.

Unless you can reproduce it using fresh appdata created by our container then there's not a lot we can do.

Migration from one version to another version (ie needo to ls.io) can't be guaranteed as the containers may be configured differently.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk