[Support] Linuxserver.io - Deluge

• 3 weeks later...

I have searched the forum, but I could not find the answer to my (technical) question.

What I have:

2x SSD as cache pool

1x HDD, 1x Parity

one cache=only user share "downloads"

several cache=yes user shares like "Media", "Software" or "Torrents"

Please see my mappings in the screenshots below.

I want to use the cache=only share /downloads for watch and incomplete torrents, so my array is not spinning during the download.

When I add a new torrent, my default complete destination should be cache=yes /mnt/user/Torrents.

However I would also like to sort the downloads, If know where the download should go in the end.

Therefore I map /mnt/user as /complete into the Docker, so I am also able to select /complete/Media or /complete/Software or whatever directory on my cache=yes user shares.

How will Unraid behave, when deluge completes a download and start transferring from cache=only /downloads/incomplete to cache=yes /complete/Media?

Will the files just get renamed (path change) and stay on the cache pool until mover script starts?

Or will they be copied to cache=yes /complete/Media and deleted from cache=only /downloads/incomplete?

If the later, this would generate unneeded operation on the cache pool and double the wear of the SSD´s.

I hope you can give me some insight.

EDIT: For Solution go to https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43430.msg512787#msg512787

deluge_docker_map.png.e91e17ec39b5f772144301dd5eaba009.png

deluge_web_map.png.48ee3a522a4569bc98ed24ac9a5baee9.png

Will the files just get renamed (path change) and stay on the cache pool until mover script starts?

Or will they be copied to cache=yes /complete/Media and deleted from cache=only /downloads/incomplete?

unRaid is the same as any other OS.  If a move operation stays within the same mount, then it will rename.  If the move traverses 2 mounts then it will copy / delete.

In this case, since you're utilizing 2 different mount points (/complete and /downloads), it will be copied then deleted.

Are there any possibilities to avoid double writing to the SSD?

For example my incomplete downloads stay on cache until finished and then moved to the user shares on the array?

The alternative is to only map a single volume (outside of the /config) of say /mnt/user mapped to /unRaid.  Then reference everything within the app as /unRaid/Torrents or /unRaid/Completed, etc.

When unRaid is able to simple rename it will, and when it has to copy, it will.

Let me translate it to my use case.

I would map the docker /unraid to /mnt/user.

I deluge I would set the following

Download to:          /unraid/downloads/deluge/incomplete (cache=only share)

Move completed to: /unraid/Torrents (or any other cache=yes share)

Autoadd:                  /unraid/downloads/deluge/watch (cache=only share)

From deluge perspective the operation after finished download is just rename.

Will unraid handle it the same way?

Let me translate it to my use case.

I would map the docker /unraid to /mnt/user.

I deluge I would set the following

Download to:          /unraid/downloads/deluge/incomplete (cache=only share)

Move completed to: /unraid/Torrents (or any other cache=yes share)

Autoadd:                  /unraid/downloads/deluge/watch (cache=only share)

From deluge perspective the operation after finished download is just rename.

Will unraid handle it the same way?

Oops  Sorry no...  My approach is correct, but implementation was wrong  8)

Its still traversing different mounts.  The only way to do this is to instead of /mnt/user use /mnt/cache

Mover will still operate on the file(s) within /mnt/user/Torrents, because it doesn't care how the file(s) got placed into that share.

Sidenote:  Personally, I don't think you really should be overly worried about trying to minimize writes to the drive as long as you have Dynamix Trim installed, and the drive isn't always insanely full.

Ok now I got it, /mnt/cache sounds reasonable.

You are probably right about SSD wearing, but there is still unnecessary write operation, which is avoidable as we found out now.

My cache pool is formatted btrfs, do I still need need those TRIM plugins?

According to https://lime-technology.com/exciting-new-developments-with-unraid-6/ this should happen automatically?

EDIT: Or maybe I misunderstood something?

Below if my final deluge config - see attachments.

Mapping explanation:

/unraid/downloads points to a cache only share.

/unraid/Torrents or /unraid/Media or /unraid/Software point to the cache storage of a regular array share (cache=yes required)

How should it work:

Deluge is watching and downloading to cache only share => Array Disks are not spinning

Deluge finished downloading => rename the file from /unraid/downloads/deluge/incomplete/movie.mp4 to /unraid/Torrent/movie.mp4 (as default download direction)

The file resides in the cache pool at /mnt/cache/Torrent/movie.mp4 until the Mover Script starts

The Mover Script move the file to the array => will be deleted from /mnt/cache/Torrent/movie.mp4

Users can access the file at /mnt/user/Torrent/movie.mp4 directly after deluge finished download

Upside:

Write only once to cache pool => no extra move operation on SSD

Mover can move it to array for long term storage

Possible to set downloads final destination on the array at "Add Torrents"

Downside:

Torrents moved to array have to be remapped, if longer seeding is required

Thanks Squid for guidance.

deluge_docker_map_new.png.b9f1704857c1eac1c7090ad1abba10ce.png

deluge_web_map_new.png.54cb7fed5ab4550807b78f315e9437d1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat.

YARSS2 is not compatible with webui btw, that's why you can't add it in the Settings.

I think you need to connect through the desktop app, but i never managed to do that.

I write in the right IP and port, even allow remote connections in the webui, but it never connects...

I need the connect to the daemon to set up RSS, and other under the hood config settings (disable uTP for example). the webui is very limited, so...

any idea?

Can anyone tell me how can i connect my windows PC to the headless deluge client not using the webui?

I think there is some GTKI or something? Is this the windows application joining to the linux daemon?

any idea why my windows install doesn't see it?

can you tell me the version which is running in this linuxserver docker?

remote connection is authorized in the webui.

thank you!

GTK is Gnome Toolkit which is a Linux thing and not related to what you need.

Easy,

Stop the container, go into your appdata deluge folder and edit the auth file, if you're using Windows then DON'T use notepad, instead install Notepad++ and ensure that line endings are set to Unix like in the picture here (red square bottom right)

2.png

Add a line in this format, the number at the end denotes the authentication level as described here.

user:password:10

so for you

LSL1337:password:10

Save the file and restart the container.

Then install deluge on Windows, go to settings, interface and turn off classic mode, restart deluge then add you Unraid daemon.  Like so, 192.168.0.1 should be set to your Unraid IP address.

boLILB5.png

Hey presto

yXiOumA.png

wow, it worked, thank you very much

the error was, I didn't modify the auth file. I thought that when i logged in to the webui and changed the password, it would work for the remote daemon as well.

And when i tried to connect from windows, it gave me red status, even though the IP:port was OK, but obv. the user name is not. It seemed reasonable, if the IP:port is valid, it shpuld at least give me a green server status, but the red lamp didn't mean unreachable client i guess, it meant I just can't connect, cos of the auth. error.

Sidenote: In windows, though samba, i couldn't edit the auth file, even when the docker was stopped. I didn't have access.

I opened it with unraid webgui, copied it's 1 line, made a new file with UNIX type in notepad++, and just added my extra line.

deleted the old one, and copied my new one there. (I don't know what is the logic/reason behind locking down a file, that i can't modify it, but i can just delete it.

Whatever

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!, it works great now. I could add the RSS plugin, and ITconfig, so i can finally disable utp connections :)

Hey ya'll. How do I go about adding a base for reverse proxy. I tried modifying the web.conf file, but it doesn't stick upon reboot.

That, and is there a way to access deluge app (for non webui compatible plugins and whatnot)?

For using a desktop app with the container backend, look at the post above yours....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

For using a desktop app with the container backend, look at the post above yours....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Not quite what I was asking. I was wondering if it is possible to access the container's "desktop app" since the webui we normally use is limited which certain plug-ins and other configurations.

Sent from mobile

The container doesn't have a desktop app, it has a backend engine and a webui...

I was afraid you would say something like that...

When you've got time I'm still looking for an answer to my original question.

Yeah, I just got home from work. 

This will work with nginx.

location /deluge {
     		proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:8112/;
     		proxy_set_header  X-Deluge-Base "/deluge/";
	include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    	}

Obviously change 192.168.0.1 to your Unraid IP

• Upvote 1

The container doesn't have a desktop app, it has a backend engine and a webui...

location /deluge {
    	}

Cool. And I don't need to add anything to deluge?

Sent from mobile

location /deluge {
    	}

Cool. And I don't need to add anything to deluge?

Sent from mobile

Nope.