[Support] Linuxserver.io - Deluge

Has anybody had an issue with the scheduler being unreliable in Deluge?

The issue has been happening for a while. I have the normal and throttled hours/speeds set up correctly, sometimes Deluge will limit the torrents speeds when it should and other times it won't. Like right now, I have two torrents downloading, and every day between the hours of 7am till 11pm they should be throttled (it's 9:40pm right now), but it's happily downloading at my global download speed, not my throttled one. 

I love this plugin and it works perfectly for everything else, but this scheduler issue is doing my head in.

Has anybody had an issue with the scheduler being unreliable in Deluge?
The issue has been happening for a while. I have the normal and throttled hours/speeds set up correctly, sometimes Deluge will limit the torrents speeds when it should and other times it won't. Like right now, I have two torrents downloading, and every day between the hours of 7am till 11pm they should be throttled (it's 9:40pm right now), but it's happily downloading at my global download speed, not my throttled one. 

I love this plugin and it works perfectly for everything else, but this scheduler issue is doing my head in.

i noticed the same last week and changed plugin to this one
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54025

it's working again!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On February 26, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Dimtar said:

I know the answer is a little late but my torrent list is gone too. Frankly I just gave up on Deluge.

It might come to that, but for what it's worth, I switched to a different Deluge docker image and it's working fine. I did have to reimport all of my torrents again, which was a lot of work but frankly I needed to get seeding so what can you do. I'm hoping this other Deluge docker is better supported. 

12 minutes ago, AluminumMonster said:

It might come to that, but for what it's worth, I switched to a different Deluge docker image and it's working fine. I did have to reimport all of my torrents again, which was a lot of work but frankly I needed to get seeding so what can you do. I'm hoping this other Deluge docker is better supported. 

Had a look back through your posts, afraid without more details it's impossible to help you.  Got some posts over on the FAQ that may help if you need to know what to post in the future.  Good luck with your other deluge.

I'm having issues with "No space left on device" showing up for large torrents. I've mounted /mnt/user/Downloads/DONE for finished torrents, /mnt/user/Downloads/DOWNLOADING for downloading ones and /mnt/user/Downloads/SEEDING for finished but still seeding torrents.

The array itself has well over 500GB of free space.

The cache has 100GB or so free of the 128GB total.

The shares for Downloads which is /mnt/user/Downloads is set to "Yes" for cache.

I wasn't sure if this was a deluge, docker or unraid issue so I'm starting here.

On 3/21/2017 at 3:58 AM, karateo said:

i didn't show the limits but it was throttling

I think I figured it out.

When I connected this morning the scheduler was working properly. Most of the time I'd connect in the afternoon and have a look, and it wasn't working then.

So I thought it's likely to be a time issue, and it turns out the timezone was set incorrectly in Unraid, which I assume Deluge is basing the scheduler off.

I adjusted the timezone in Unraid, restarted Deluge, it's now almost midnight (local time) and the scheduler is still working properly.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:18 PM, CHBMB said:

Yeah, I just got home from work. 

This will work with nginx.

location /deluge {
     		proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:8112/;
     		proxy_set_header  X-Deluge-Base "/deluge/";
	include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    	}

Obviously change 192.168.0.1 to your Unraid IP

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

i have just installed this docker but i am unable to download anything from it. After adding a new torrent it will download it for a couple seconds then torrent just enters error state.

I can't  even find that error.

Any help will be really appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I have been struggling for most of the day trying to get some automation with Deluge. Specifically, I want to have "watched" folders where Couch, Sonarr or manually I can drop a torrent file and it would end up in a specific folder based on the watched folder.

For example, I have:

/mnt/downloads/watch/Movies and file would end up in /mnt/downloads/seeding/Movies

/mnt/downloads/watch/TV --> mnt/downloads/seeding/TV

etc.

I have read all about the AutoAdd plugin. But I cannot get it to show up in this Docker's version. I went as far as installing the Windows Deluge version, configuring the AutoAdd, and pasting the contents of the autoadd.conf file in the docker version. I did correct the paths.

The docker version of Deluge is not adding the torrent file.

I do need to ALSO copy the completed downloads so I can keep seeding; post processing from Couch and Sonarr, would look at the copied folder. This can be achieved by the CopyCompleted plugin... but I cannot get that far as I am notcatching stuff in the watch folders.

Any ideas? I really want to retire ruTorrent and move to Deluge. Here are the contents of my autoadd.conf file.

Many thanks,

H.

P.S.

Could this be the answer? I cannot make heads or tails of this.

https://superuser.com/questions/1064454/deluge-webui-adding-torrents-with-different-download-directory-and-label

Edited by hernandito
4 hours ago, hernandito said:

I do need to ALSO copy the completed downloads so I can keep seeding; post processing from Couch and Sonarr, would look at the copied folder. This can be achieved by the CopyCompleted plugin... but I cannot get that far as I am notcatching stuff in the watch folders.

I can't help you with the other but as far as this goes you shouldn't have to do anything or use a plugin at all. This is the default behavior of Sonarr and, I believe, Couch Potato.

I am getting to the bottom of this.... I will write something up when I do my final testing... Information how to solve this is all over the place.

Issue is that my primary way of getting stuff is through NZB. I only use torrents manually for old or missing stuff. Thus it is critical to do the copy at the end of it all in order to seed.

27 minutes ago, hernandito said:

Issue is that my primary way of getting stuff is through NZB. I only use torrents manually for old or missing stuff. Thus it is critical to do the copy at the end of it all in order to seed.

I'm not clear on what the issue is. You want Sonarr and Couch Potato to copy the files after the torrent downloads so it will keep seeding? It already does that without any special configuration required.

Right, but you still need them to process completed torrents that are manually added, right? If I understand you correctly, you just need watched folders and labeling set up then. You shouldn't need the CopyCompleted plugin. Well, the AutoAdd plugin does work in the WebUI, as you've found out:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins
So you'll have to manually change the config file, which it seems you tried already. But it looks like you've got a typo on line 76 of your autoadd.conf file. It's missing a double-quote around the download location. That's probably the issue.

Thank you again bobbint... 90% of what I download for TV comes automatically via usenet. This is why I set up my Sonar/Medusa to "Move" the copies. I use torrrent ONLY when I need an old show, or something that usenet cannot find. I manually search these guys in the tracker web sites, I manually download the torrent, and place it in my /downloads/torrents/watch/TV folder. The old way rTorrent would find the torrent, download it, move it to /downloads/torrents/seeding/TV. It would also copy the download to /downloads/torrents/downloaded/TV.

When getting most stuff through usenet, I want to move in pp, so as not to have old files (no need to seed them). Manual downloads, I would want a copy. I would then go to Sonarr/Medusa and perform "Manual Post Processing". This always points to the folder in green above (and I can manually pick a different folder). This also defaults to "Move" the files.

The good news is that I sort of have it working with AutoAdd. I also enabled the CopyComplete, but it copies only to the root of /downloads/torrents/downloaded/ folder. It does not put the files in subfolders based on the label... Not great, and not horrible either.

I will keep trying with both Deluge and rTorrent. I need to seed rT for a while to keep up my ratios and follow the rules. New stuff I will download via Deluge and phase rT out.

Thanks again for your help, patience, and advice... I really appreciate it.

H.

EDIT:

Found a way to solve the CopyComplete issue... Someone updated or modified the plugin to append the label name to the folder. Link is here:

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=54153#p224821

Edited by hernandito
43 minutes ago, hernandito said:

The good news is that I sort of have it working with AutoAdd. I also enabled the CopyComplete, but it copies only to the root of /downloads/torrents/downloaded/ folder. It does not put the files in subfolders based on the label... Not great, and not horrible either.

Was the typo the problem then? I'm still not sure why you think you need the CopyComplete plugin. If you want to manually download the torrent file and place it in the watch folder and have Sonarr process it after download, CopyComplete shouldn't be needed as far as I can tell. I'm sure the same is true for Couch Potato. Here is what I think you need to do:

1. Set your AutoAdd plugin with your watch folders and labels.
2. Set your label plugin to move labels to where you want them after download

That should be it. Sonarr already copies the download on it's own so you don't need CopyComplete to do it, unless I'm missing something.

47 minutes ago, hernandito said:

Thanks again for your help, patience, and advice... I really appreciate it.

No problem. :)