[Support] Linuxserver.io - Deluge

1 hour ago, LSL1337 said:

that section is quite useless imho.

I'm not downloading into the docker. something filling it up fast. can't even imagine how can deluge make 500 megs in a few days.

my question is about deluge now, so anyone?

the logs are mounted locally in the volume mount for config, if you're docker.img is filling up then you either are not mounting the config files or the image is downloading into the image file.

on a side note, if your image is filling up when the docker log is ~500 mb , you have bigger problems and need to expand the size of the docker.img.

post screenshots of your volume mountings from the unraid webui and the Downloads section of the webui preferences for deluge itself.

Edited by sparklyballs

i've been using this deluge docker for years now with the same mountings.

If I download something to the docker.img, than it would show in 2 seconds. I usually download 5-10-100gig torrents.

I checked the log size with a 'user script', which i found on this forum on a similiar topic. written by Squid I guess. it showed 500mb log after a 3 days uptime. i forced updated the image (auto update is off for deluge for me), than 1 min later, the script said my log is a few kb only.

since i updated deluge (few weeks ago), i regularly see higher than normal cpu usage on deluge, deluge-web as well. (and i guess it's normal, that if I update deluge docker, my webui password resets, right)

I think I didn't change any settings about logs, but the 6 month old build didn't have this issue.

If I get home, I will send you the mountings, but they are fine.

how can I even see the actual log files. maybe it would be easier to debug the problem.

thanks

Edited by LSL1337
6 hours ago, LSL1337 said:

that section is quite useless imho.

For those people who already know everything that is in there then maybe it doesn't provide any additional information. For others who are just trying to figure out dockers and are having the issue maybe they find it useful. Without going to the trouble to search your history it is difficult for us to know whether you are one of those that already knows it all.

3 hours ago, LSL1337 said:

i've been using this deluge docker for years now with the same mountings.

If I download something to the docker.img, than it would show in 2 seconds. I usually download 5-10-100gig torrents.

I checked the log size with a 'user script', which i found on this forum on a similiar topic. written by Squid I guess. it showed 500mb log after a 3 days uptime. i forced updated the image (auto update is off for deluge for me), than 1 min later, the script said my log is a few kb only.

since i updated deluge (few weeks ago), i regularly see higher than normal cpu usage on deluge, deluge-web as well. (and i guess it's normal, that if I update deluge docker, my webui password resets, right)

I think I didn't change any settings about logs, but the 6 month old build didn't have this issue.

If I get home, I will send you the mountings, but they are fine.

how can I even see the actual log files. maybe it would be easier to debug the problem.

thanks

if your webui password resets when you update the docker image, then i would expect that you're not mounting the config volume locally.... 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With this latest update (2.0.0 it seems) I can no longer connect with the daemon from Deluge installed on a Windows machine. Deluge 1.3.15 is all that seems to really be available on Windows still at this time. The connection manager now shows the server as down all the time.

image.png.72460ce192c5aaa1a76848a73b6571b7.png

(This is from 1.3.15 on Windows)

image.png.02f405dd54e74c1ad165405d36f2074c.png

image.png.8ee69fc65b3e8a04c4388b1ddba582ce.png

(This is from WebUI on Unraid)

Any advice on how to get this back up and working would be appreciated.

I actually use a lot of features in the full version on a Windows machine (such as renaming individual files before they download, etc) 

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Thanks, I did this in the meantime, after I noticed none of my torrents were seeding, (client not on whitelist) and I tried pulling 146 but it failed to open the WebUI after that. I went back to 135 and now Deluge opens but none of my torrents are there - everything is cleared out. 

Do you know of a way to fix that? I had many on very different paths and labels, etc. 

19 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Why did you use 146?  It's seven months old.

5b398f77-ls22 would be the last pre v2 release.

To fix your missing torrents I guess it would be restore from a backup.

Thanks, I put in linuxserver/deluge:5b398f77-ls22 

I honestly picked 146 at first because I wasn't completely following which arch I should pick on the newer releases, didn't realize that 5b398f77-ls22  would have automatically picked the proper one for me. I see my mistake now. I was just looking to go back to the release numbers I had recognized the last time I had a small issue, (back then I went to 135) -- that's why I ended up trying to go back to 135 again this time, just familiarity.

I'm on 5b398f77-ls22 now though, restored from backup from last night before the update happened, all back up and good to go! All torrents back and appear to be where they should be now!

Appreciate the assist @CHBMB! :)

Just now, CorneliousJD said:

Thanks, I put in linuxserver/deluge:5b398f77-ls22 

I honestly picked 146 at first because I wasn't completely following which arch I should pick on the newer releases, didn't realize that 5b398f77-ls22  would have automatically picked the proper one for me. I see my mistake now. I was just looking to go back to the release numbers I had recognized the last time I had a small issue, (back then I went to 135) -- that's why I ended up trying to go back to 135 again this time, just familiarity.

I'm on 5b398f77-ls22 now though, restored from backup from last night before the update happened, all back up and good to go! All torrents back and appear to be where they should be now!

Appreciate the assist @CHBMB! :)

The arch is easy on Unraid it's always going to be amd64

arm32v7 and arm64v8 are for 32 bit and 64 bit ARM systems, which Unraid doesn't run.  Think SBCs like Raspberry Pi, Odroid etc..... ;)

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was having some issues with my old linuxserver/docker container.  the deluge daemon would die suddenly once in every 1-3 days and I would need to reboot the container to get it back running. The web platform would still work and whatnot but the daemon was unavailable. 

I wanted to try to upgrade the container, I choose to upgrade to a newer build that is still on an older non 2.x version. The last 1.3.15 build 5b398f77-ls22. I have all my config folder mounted just as I had before. When I start the new container the first time it starts normally. If I stop it and start it again all my torrents are gone from it, and they only come back if I recopy the config files. It does not wipe the whole folder but it replaces some file for sure. Any help is appreciated.

And now if I move the config back to the old container it wipes it after every restart too :(((

Upon review the after reboot deluged.log contains this:

[INFO    ] 12:37:12 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[INFO    ] 12:37:12 daemon:127 Deluge daemon 1.3.15
[INFO    ] 12:37:12 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[INFO    ] 12:37:12 core:87 Starting libtorrent 1.1.5.0 session..
[INFO    ] 12:37:12 rpcserver:369 Starting DelugeRPC server :58846
[WARNING ] 12:37:12 preferencesmanager:528 GeoIP Unavailable
[INFO    ] 12:37:12 core:97 *** Start Label plugin ***
[INFO    ] 12:37:12 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Label enabled..
[INFO    ] 12:37:12 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Extractor enabled..
[INFO    ] 12:37:13 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin SeedTime enabled..
[WARNING ] 12:37:13 torrentmanager:648 Unable to load state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.state'
[WARNING ] 12:37:13 torrentmanager:648 Unable to load state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.state.bak'
[INFO    ] 12:37:13 torrentmanager:780 Successfully loaded fastresume file: /config/state/torrents.fastresume
[INFO    ] 12:37:13 rpcserver:206 Deluge Client connection made from: 172.17.0.1:52846
[INFO    ] 12:37:13 rpcserver:226 Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
[INFO    ] 12:37:15 rpcserver:206 Deluge Client connection made from: 172.17.0.1:52849
[WARNING ] 12:37:18 core:74 seedtime loop starting
[INFO    ] 12:37:31 daemon:196 Waiting for components to shutdown..
[ERROR   ] 12:37:31 torrentmanager:735 Unable to backup /config/state/torrents.state to /config/state/torrents.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
[INFO    ] 12:37:31 torrentmanager:737 Saving the state at: /config/state/torrents.state
[INFO    ] 12:37:31 pluginmanagerbase:170 Plugin Extractor disabled..
[INFO    ] 12:37:31 pluginmanagerbase:170 Plugin SeedTime disabled..
[INFO    ] 12:37:31 pluginmanagerbase:170 Plugin Label disabled..
[INFO    ] 12:37:31 rpcserver:226 Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
[INFO    ] 12:37:31 daemon:196 Waiting for components to shutdown..

and this is how my files change over time:

before first start: 

admin@SNAS:/volume2/docker/deluge/state$ ls -l torrents*
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users 3883136 Aug 10 13:11 torrents.fastresume
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users 3883133 Aug 10 13:07 torrents.fastresume.bak
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users  580588 Aug 10 13:11 torrents.state.bak
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users  227548 Aug 10 13:12 torrents.state.tmp
after reboot:
admin@SNAS:/volume2/docker/deluge/state$ ls -l torrents*
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin 1024 3883136 Aug 10 13:11 torrents.fastresume
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin 1024 3883133 Aug 10 13:07 torrents.fastresume.bak
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin 1024  118965 Aug 10 15:37 torrents.state.tmp

I added the log from deluge.

linuxserver-deluge.csv

Edited by BoKKeR
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been using another torrent program under a Windows VM and wanted to try deluge.

Installed without any problem, launch without any problem but when I add some torrents they download really slooooow or simply stop downloading. Tried the same torrent on my other server with Windows VM and no problem.

Do I need any other setting like open ports on router or anything else to download at full speed?

Thankyou
Gus