[Support] Linuxserver.io - Deluge

Does your settings take into account .htpasswd authorization?

Since it didn't have any indication I wrote this, but I got a 404:

location ^~ /deluge {
	auth_basic "Restricted";
	auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
	include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
	proxy_pass http://192.168.80.1:38085;
	proxy_set_header  X-Deluge-Base "/deluge/";
}	

Also (and I'm aware it is a different docker) but would it be the same setup for Transmission?

(I'll be posting this question on the letsencrypt page)

• 3 weeks later...

WebUI cannot be accessed on a new install of this docker. Running unraid 6.2.4.

docker log: http://pastebin.com/eYHrP8WF

my appdata points to: /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge

Restarting the docker once allowed web.conf and hostlist.conf.1.2 to be created in the appdata folder as these were not there on first boot but am still unable to connect.

I read through this thread but was not able to find anything specific to fix this issue.

Update: was able to fix this by setting network type to Host. All my other dockers work fine as bridge but this one failed when set to that.

WebUI cannot be accessed on a new install of this docker. Running unraid 6.2.4.

docker log: http://pastebin.com/eYHrP8WF

my appdata points to: /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge

Restarting the docker once allowed web.conf and hostlist.conf.1.2 to be created in the appdata folder as these were not there on first boot but am still unable to connect.

I read through this thread but was not able to find anything specific to fix this issue.

Update: was able to fix this by setting network type to Host. All my other dockers work fine as bridge but this one failed when set to that.

That will be the reason the template is set as host and it states in the readme that it requires to be running as host then. ;)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I keep getting a file permission problem when I try to delete files in a certain subfolder.  The subfolder in question is my Torrent download folder and I am using the linuxserver/Deluge docker container to download torrents.  The error is: you need permission from [xxx] to make changes to this file.

If I delete the file through the Deluge webgui - it works fine (remove torrent -> remove with data).  But I am not the only person in the household using the torrent server so if someone else forgets to choose the remove with data option, we get left with a bunch of completed torrent files.  I see the error message when I try to delete these files via windows (mapped drive).

The SMB share permissions in Unraid for this folder are set correctly, I have read/write access for my account.

To get around this I simply SSH to Unraid, do a chmod 777 -R on the Torrent download folder which changes the permissions on all files and subfolders, then delete the files from windows.

Before I chmod the files, the permissions look like this:

root@unraid:/mnt/user/Torrent/Downloads# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 290 Dec  9 21:33 [filename]

When a new download is started, the same permissions apply so I have to do this all over again in a few days time as completed torrent files get left behind.

Is this a problem with Deluge or Unraid not settings permissions properly?  How can I fix this permanently?

I am having some trouble getting CouchPotato working with Deluge.

Its working fine with sonarr.

I have allowed remote connections.

couchpotato :

5050/tcp  192.168.1.xx:5050

/downloads  /mnt/user/Movies/BitTorrent/Completed/

/movies  /mnt/user/Movies/

/config  /mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato

deluge :

/downloads  /mnt/user/TV Shows/

/config  /mnt/user/appdata/deluge

It says Connection failed, check log for more details when I press "Test Deluge",

This is from the log

ERROR

[tato.core.plugins.browser] Failed getting directory "/root" : Traceback (most recent call last): File "/app/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/plugins/browser.py", line 96, in view dirs = self.getDirectories(path = path, show_hidden = show_hidden) File "/app/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/plugins/browser.py", line 60, in getDirectories for f in os.listdir(path): OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/root'

Wasn't sure where to post this, in this thread or the couchpotato thread.

After adding a couple large gamecube torrents, deluge no longer connects from the connection manager, I just get stuck with the blank web gui. The only thing in the log is now this:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.
import libtorrent as lt
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.
import libtorrent as lt
import libtorrent as lt
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.import libtorrent as lt

If I try to open the connection from the manager, nothing happens and it says in the lower left "Not Connected". Everything was working great until these last couple of torrents I added. I think I also updated version to latest a couple days ago as well.

I keep getting a file permission problem when I try to delete files in a certain subfolder.  The subfolder in question is my Torrent download folder and I am using the linuxserver/Deluge docker container to download torrents.  The error is: you need permission from [xxx] to make changes to this file.

If I delete the file through the Deluge webgui - it works fine (remove torrent -> remove with data).  But I am not the only person in the household using the torrent server so if someone else forgets to choose the remove with data option, we get left with a bunch of completed torrent files.  I see the error message when I try to delete these files via windows (mapped drive).

The SMB share permissions in Unraid for this folder are set correctly, I have read/write access for my account.

To get around this I simply SSH to Unraid, do a chmod 777 -R on the Torrent download folder which changes the permissions on all files and subfolders, then delete the files from windows.

total 0

When a new download is started, the same permissions apply so I have to do this all over again in a few days time as completed torrent files get left behind.

Is this a problem with Deluge or Unraid not settings permissions properly?  How can I fix this permanently?

I have exactly the same issue.

Deluge is removing the write permission from user group on any folder it gets access.

So nobody can write/delete the files via SMB.

Haven´t changed anything inside the docker, see my config in attachment.

deluge_config.png.c7baafc100b9fa03afb67863c3dd9344.png

• 3 weeks later...

total 0

I have exactly the same issue.

Deluge is removing the write permission from user group on any folder it gets access.

So nobody can write/delete the files via SMB.

Haven´t changed anything inside the docker, see my config in attachment.

Ditto. I kept running new permissions until I realized that it was this deluge docker container that would create new folders with the 0755 permissions instead of 0777.

Help!

keep having an issues when starting deluge (after its been running) or after updating docker.

[ERROR ] 16:12:28 main:240 There is a deluge daemon running with this config directory!

[ERROR ] 16:12:28 main:241 You cannot run multiple daemons with the same config directory set.

[ERROR ] 16:12:28 main:242 If you believe this is an error, you can force a start by deleting /config/deluged.pid.

after I delete deluged.pid i am again able to start the daemon but then it looses all torrents that were active

[ERROR ] 16:13:00 torrentmanager:379 Unable to add torrent!

I posted this issue on the Sonar thread but didn't get a response. So I'm posting here hoping someone has an idea.

For some reason Sonarr doesn't want to connect to deluge anymore.

In the settings Sonarr can connect to Deluge during the test, but when I try to manually add a show I get a little red cloud and Sonarr says it can't connect to Deluge.

However, sporadically Sonarr can send a file to Deluge.

At first I nuked Sonarr and did a reinstall from scratch, and it didn't solve anything.

Then I nuked Deluge and it worked. Sonarr could connect no problem... For about half a day.

HELP!!!

I'm using LS.IO containers for both programs.

I posted this issue on the Sonar thread but didn't get a response. So I'm posting here hoping someone has an idea.

For some reason Sonarr doesn't want to connect to deluge anymore.

In the settings Sonarr can connect to Deluge during the test, but when I try to manually add a show I get a little red cloud and Sonarr says it can't connect to Deluge.

However, sporadically Sonarr can send a file to Deluge.

At first I nuked Sonarr and did a reinstall from scratch, and it didn't solve anything.

Then I nuked Deluge and it worked. Sonarr could connect no problem... For about half a day.

HELP!!!

I'm using LS.IO containers for both programs.

So what changed in that half a day?  Any config changes or anything?

keep having an issues when starting deluge (after its been running) or after updating docker.

[ERROR ] 16:12:28 main:240 There is a deluge daemon running with this config directory!

[ERROR ] 16:12:28 main:241 You cannot run multiple daemons with the same config directory set.

[ERROR ] 16:12:28 main:242 If you believe this is an error, you can force a start by deleting /config/deluged.pid.

after I delete deluged.pid i am again able to start the daemon but then it looses all torrents that were active

[ERROR ] 16:13:00 torrentmanager:379 Unable to add torrent!

any thoughts on this issue? i see there is an update for docker but reluctant to do it as dont want to wipe all the data/torrents again.

Internal to both I would imagine, but why not study them and see.

I tried, and I can't figure out why is bugging out...

Here is Sonarr's log for the error:

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Unable to connect to Deluge, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x41962e00 + 0x00193> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x41960ca0 + 0x0005a> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000fe] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:61 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ExecuteRequest[TResult] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.JsonRpcRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String method, System.Object[] arguments) [0x0006f] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:234 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult] (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings, System.String method, System.Object[] arguments) [0x00008] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:180 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.SetLabel (System.String hash, System.String label, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:158 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.Deluge.AddFromTorrentFile (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, System.String hash, System.String filename, System.Byte[] fileContent) [0x00027] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\Deluge.cs:62 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TorrentClientBase`1[TSettings].DownloadFromWebUrl (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, System.String torrentUrl) [0x001aa] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\TorrentClientBase.cs:181 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TorrentClientBase`1[TSettings].Download (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x00148] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\TorrentClientBase.cs:117 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x00171] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadService.cs:66 
  at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.DownloadRelease (NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseResource release) [0x0002c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:67 
  at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.<.ctor>b__7_0 (System.Object x) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:46 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:CallSite.Target (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,System.Func`2<object, object>,object)
  at Nancy.Routing.Route+<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3 (System.Object parameters, CancellationToken context) <0x41af66c0 + 0x0014f> in <filename unknown>:0 
Close
Sonarr Ver

And I can't find anything abnormal for deluge...

I use deluge for a couple of weeks now but now I get an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE when I trie to access the webui.

But the logs say the webui is running:

GID/UID
-------------------------------------
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[iNFO ] 06:11:56 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[iNFO ] 06:11:56 ui:124 Deluge ui 1.3.13
[iNFO ] 06:11:56 ui:127 Starting web ui..
import libtorrent as lt
[iNFO ] 06:11:57 server:650 Starting server in PID 207.
[iNFO ] 06:11:57 server:678 Serving on 0.0.0.0:8112 view at https://127.0.0.1:8112

Does anyone know a solution because reinstalling didn't work

I use deluge for a couple of weeks now but now I get an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE when I trie to access the webui.

But the logs say the webui is running:

GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[iNFO ] 06:11:56 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[iNFO ] 06:11:56 ui:124 Deluge ui 1.3.13
[iNFO ] 06:11:56 ui:127 Starting web ui..
import libtorrent as lt
[iNFO ] 06:11:57 server:650 Starting server in PID 207.
[iNFO ] 06:11:57 server:678 Serving on 0.0.0.0:8112 view at https://127.0.0.1:8112

Does anyone know a solution because reinstalling didn't work

I would guess there's something wrong with your config in your appdata.

Has anyone had their torrent list go completely empty? My state folder is there, the torrent states appear to be there... the .state file and fastresume are there. I went so far as to nuke the entire appdata folder and start from scratch, but my list is always empty. Permissions seem fine on my download folder, nothing has changed recently that I'm aware of. Anything I could be missing?