[Support] Linuxserver.io - Deluge

On 07/02/2017 at 0:20 PM, AluminumMonster said:

Has anyone had their torrent list go completely empty? My state folder is there, the torrent states appear to be there... the .state file and fastresume are there. I went so far as to nuke the entire appdata folder and start from scratch, but my list is always empty. Permissions seem fine on my download folder, nothing has changed recently that I'm aware of. Anything I could be missing?

Hey, just checking if you had any luck resolving the issue?

Updated to lates docker and lates unraid.

Now when the dockers starts, the webui says that localhost daemon is not running

i start it, it rehashes every file (200gig), and starts seedeing

on the trackers i can see that it seeds, but my desktop client can't connect to deluge?

any idea? it worked before flawlessly.

ohh, and with the webui, my settings are gone. download location etc all blank.

i set the port and allowed remote connection, still no luck

On 2017. 02. 23. at 8:07 PM, LSL1337 said:

Updated to lates docker and lates unraid.

Now when the dockers starts, the webui says that localhost daemon is not running

i start it, it rehashes every file (200gig), and starts seedeing

on the trackers i can see that it seeds, but my desktop client can't connect to deluge?

any idea? it worked before flawlessly.

ohh, and with the webui, my settings are gone. download location etc all blank.

i set the port and allowed remote connection, still no luck

I guess than i'm the only one, who can't use the docker with the latest unraid version

great...

20 hours ago, LSL1337 said:

I guess than i'm the only one, who can't use the docker with the latest unraid version

great...

Nope, far from alone. I'm limping along by using the proxy settings inside Deluge itself and disabling the VPN, but that's a temporary workaround at best. And uncomfortable....

2 hours ago, Flick said:

Nope, far from alone. I'm limping along by using the proxy settings inside Deluge itself and disabling the VPN, but that's a temporary workaround at best. And uncomfortable....

i started from scratch. managed to save the plugins and it's settings, but all my torrents are gone, i have to re-set the seeds, only around 60, but still.

from this day, i will never update deluge or unraid ever again:D

On 2/8/2017 at 6:20 AM, AluminumMonster said:

Has anyone had their torrent list go completely empty? My state folder is there, the torrent states appear to be there... the .state file and fastresume are there. I went so far as to nuke the entire appdata folder and start from scratch, but my list is always empty. Permissions seem fine on my download folder, nothing has changed recently that I'm aware of. Anything I could be missing?

I know the answer is a little late but my torrent list is gone too. Frankly I just gave up on Deluge.

2 hours ago, pretagonist said:

Would it be possible to add curl to this docker? I have scripts that run upon completion to signal pushbullet and a plex refresh and these scripts need to call webAPIs via curl. I can of course make my own repository but this seems to me like something others would find useful as well.

if you use those script for TV shows, give sonarr a try.

sonarr can notify you via pusbullet, and can trigger a plex library update as well.

but of course you need to get your torrents through sonarr.

back to topic:

has this happened before, i'm a docker deluge user for only a few months, i've been using utorrent for 10 years before that. is this one of a kind happening, or it is just 'shit happens'?

so everybody who had problems, it all started after the latest deluge and unraid update?

are there people for whom it still works fine?

I think it would be better, if we could get to the bottom of this

Edited by LSL1337

I know about sonarr but I'm really quite happy with my flexget solution. It might not have the simplicity of sonarr but it's very very powerful and flexible. But once flexget hands a file over to deluge I need deluge to be able to do things once it's done and using the deluge execute plugin is great for that. But the lack of curl is hindering me.

Perhaps there are another deluge docker that happens to have curl installed by default?

2 hours ago, LSL1337 said:

has this happened before, i'm a docker deluge user for only a few months, i've been using utorrent for 10 years before that. is this one of a kind happening, or it is just 'shit happens'?

so everybody who had problems, it all started after the latest deluge and unraid update?

are there people for whom it still works fine?

I think it would be better, if we could get to the bottom of this

Sounds like we're similar. I used uTorrent for many years until I consolidated everything to Dockers on Unraid. Tried uTorrent but the features of Deluge with VPN were too much to pass up. This is the first time I've had an issue with it (been a couple of years, I believe) and yes, it started after the latest Unraid update. I'm using PIA and I understood they updated their side so that may also be a factor, but it *definitely* stopped working when I updated Unraid.

• 3 weeks later...

After updating the docker app to 1.3.14 I can't seem to be able to connect via the chrome plugin and the android apps Transdrone and NZBmanager. Everything was working fine before. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Should I just wait for update in the apps?

Thank you

After updating the docker app to 1.3.14 I can't seem to be able to connect via the chrome plugin and the android apps Transdrone and NZBmanager. Everything was working fine before. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Should I just wait for update in the apps?

Thank you

Deluge made some security changes in this version. Other apps should be updating soon to account for that. I don't use the two you mentioned, but I do use the extension in chrome and it does now work for me.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, wirenut said:

Deluge made some security changes in this version. Other apps should be updating soon to account for that. I don't use the two you mentioned, but I do use the extension in chrome and it does now work for me.

Which version is your chrome extension?

mine is v.1.2.3 and still does not seem to work fully. Although it shows "connection problem - unable to connect to deluge web ui", it adds torrents just fine!

Which version is your chrome extension?
mine is v.1.2.3 and still does not seem to work fully. Although it shows "connection problem - unable to connect to deluge web ui", it adds torrents just fine!

I can check when I get back to computer in a few hours...

Hello everyone, I am a very new user to both unraid and deluge, and I encountered a problem while doing a test download :

The magnet link was correctly added to my list, but then the download didn't start and the only piece of information I have is this :

"Permission denied: /root/Downloads/<name_of_my_torrent>" in the torrent details

I saw some people who seemed to have the same problem at the beginning of this topic, but none of them obtained clear results or followed through with more information...

I am using the most basic config possible (because I don't know how to configure everything yet) : the /downloads container path is mapped to a user share I simply called "Media" (/mnt/user/Media), I also set deluge so that it doesn't move the files after they are complete, I will tinker with this later when I manage to actually download stuff.

If anyone has some advice concerning this "permission denied" on a user share that is supposed to be freely accessible, that would be of great help, thanks in advance

Edited by LucMyr
mispelled word
13 minutes ago, LucMyr said:

Hello everyone, I am a very new user to both unraid and deluge, and I encountered a problem while doing a test download :

The magnet link was correctly added to my list, but then the download didn't start and the only piece of information I have is this :

"Permission denied: /root/Downloads/<name_of_my_torrent>" in the torrent details

I saw some people who seemed to have the same problem at the beginning of this topic, but none of them obtained clear results or followed through with more information...

I am using the most basic config possible (because I don't know how to configure everything yet) : the /downloads container path is mapped to a user share I simply called "Media" (/mnt/user/Media), I also set deluge so that it doesn't move the files after they are complete, I will tinker with this later when I manage to actually download stuff.

If anyone has some advice concerning this "permission denied" on a user share that is supposed to be freely accessible, that would be of great help, thanks in advance

Have you configured the download location with the deluge webui?  It should be set as /downloads

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Have you configured the download location with the deluge webui?  It should be set as /downloads

I did, the capitalized "D" for download was a typing mistake. I also made sure that it was written as "/downloads" in the container config in unraid, but still no downloading ...

Is there something more I can provide that would give more information ?

4 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

The error you are getting seems to indicate that you have your download path set to /root/downloads instead of /downloads. 

Yes ! that was it !

Thank you very much for the quick response, I still cannot believe how dumb that was...