[Support] Linuxserver.io - Deluge

Q: If I want to seed a torrent I downloaded before but have moved somewhere else on my machine... do i just copy the files into my Incomplete folder and start a download as normal and it picks up I have the files (or most of them) already?

Assuming you have all the original files still (including but not limited to all files have exactly the original file name) you put files back into completed directory, add .torrent file back to deluge IN A PAUSED STATE.
Ensure that torrent is pointing to correct directory in details window.
Tell deluge to recheck torrent.
Make sure it sees most if not all files are complete 100%
If all good start torrent.

I hope this is clear

• 2 weeks later...

is anyone else having problems connecting to peers with the latest update or is it just me, or I'm having other problems?  In the last 24 hours my client has stopped working properly and I'm wondering if it's the latest update.

Edit:  Is there an easy way to rollback to the previous release to check?  I'm getting no peers on 2 trackers and the only thing that's changed I can think of is the docker update.  I've just done a fresh install to check and I'm having the same problem

Edit2:  Added slackware torrents to check and no joy so reckon it's the docker.  Will try rebooting server (pfsense VM) once family have gone to bed to eliminate network

Edited by DZMM
3 hours ago, DZMM said:

is anyone else having problems connecting to peers with the latest update or is it just me, or I'm having other problems?  In the last 24 hours my client has stopped working properly and I'm wondering if it's the latest update.

Edit:  Is there an easy way to rollback to the previous release to check?  I'm getting no peers on 2 trackers and the only thing that's changed I can think of is the docker update.  I've just done a fresh install to check and I'm having the same problem

Edit2:  Added slackware torrents to check and no joy so reckon it's the docker.  Will try rebooting server (pfsense VM) once family have gone to bed to eliminate network

Rebooted - still no joy on private and public trackers.  Is there a way to rollback?

Thanks

3 hours ago, DZMM said:

Rebooted - still no joy on private and public trackers.  Is there a way to rollback?

Thanks

I am also seeing this issue since updating last night. I've tried removing and re-adding the container but still no love. Adding a Ubuntu iso getting the same error as well.

Tracker Status: Error: Address not available

is anyone else having problems connecting to peers with the latest update or is it just me, or I'm having other problems?  In the last 24 hours my client has stopped working properly and I'm wondering if it's the latest update.   Edit:  Is there an easy way to rollback to the previous release to check?  I'm getting no peers on 2 trackers and the only thing that's changed I can think of is the docker update.  I've just done a fresh install to check and I'm having the same problem

You need to specify a build number within the edit docker page.

In the repository field, add build number after linuxserver/deluge:XXX

put in a number from the docker webpage -> tags.

Click link in docker containers webgui

Eg:

“By:Linuxserver/deluge:latest”

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fiore00713 said:

I am also seeing this issue since updating last night. I've tried removing and re-adding the container but still no love. Adding a Ubuntu iso getting the same error as well.

Tracker Status: Error: Address not available

Phew, 'good' to see I'm not the only one

2 hours ago, BillClinton said:

You need to specify a build number within the edit docker page.

In the repository field, add build number after linuxserver/deluge:XXX

put in a number from the docker webpage -> tags.

Click link in docker containers webgui

Eg:

“By:Linuxserver/deluge:latest”

Thanks - rolled back to 136 and everything worked straightaway.  Went back to 137 and things were ok initially, but I think this was because the states had been retained from 136 - as soon as I forced torrents to update by doing 'force recheck' they stopped downloading.  All was ok again when I went back to 136, so something is definitely wrong with 137 in certain scenarios

7 hours ago, DZMM said:

Phew, 'good' to see I'm not the only one

Thanks - rolled back to 136 and everything worked straightaway.  Went back to 137 and things were ok initially, but I think this was because the states had been retained from 136 - as soon as I forced torrents to update by doing 'force recheck' they stopped downloading.  All was ok again when I went back to 136, so something is definitely wrong with 137 in certain scenarios

I'm also having this problem and I tried to reinstall and muck about before I found this post about using an old release.

In the process I lost all of the torrents I was seeding, is there a way to get it all back (was 400 some, took hours of manual labour to add when I first added this docker...)????

Edited by Koenig
5 minutes ago, Koenig said:

I'm also having this problem and I tried to reinstall and muck about before I found this post about using an old release.

In the process I lost all of the torrents I was seeding, is there a way to get it all back (was 400 some, took hours of manual labour to add when I first added this docker...)????

Bit difficult to say, you shouldn't have lost anything by just downgrading the container version.  So without knowing what you've done, kind of impossible to say whether we can recover.  Have you got a backup of your appdata.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Bit difficult to say, you shouldn't have lost anything by just downgrading the container version.  So without knowing what you've done, kind of impossible to say whether we can recover.  Have you got a backup of your appdata.

When trying to reinstall the docker, I didn't know which one I had installed (linuxserver, binhex) So I tried both, and somewhere in there I think I lost everything.

And no there's no recent backup of the appdata.

Perhaps I should see this as lesson learned then?

I just remembered I move the appdata from my cache-drive to a small SSD using "Unassigned Devices" so I have a "backup" from that time, (didn't delete the folder on the cache drive, just copied it).

Using this could save me hors though.

Is it enough just replacing the "state" folder with the old one or is there anything else I need to do?

Edited by Koenig

In the process I lost all of the torrents I was seeding, is there a way to get it all back (was 400 some, took hours of manual labour to add when I first added this docker...)huh.gif.00e52518f47039ec77b0e5ebd545cfc8.gif&key=0300869885b5b6e5437056c7a4fbac78857214c7fbf0b97fc934929b14c77b0c?

This happens to me sometimes when I stop and restart the container too quickly. Eg stopping it just after starting the container, interrupting the torrent ‘resume’ process. There is a ‘state’ folder in the appdata which you can use to get it going. You’ll just have to re-add the torrents manually.

You might have to add them in a paused state and make sure they are pointing to the right folder where your completed and not completed are kept.

Then you’ll have to get them all to rescan for files. Could take a while.

3 minutes ago, BillClinton said:

This happens to me sometimes when I stop and restart the container too quickly. Eg stopping it just after starting the container, interrupting the torrent ‘resume’ process. There is a ‘state’ folder in the appdata which you can use to get it going. You’ll just have to re-add the torrents manually.
You might have to add them in a paused state and make sure they are pointing to the right folder where your completed and not completed are kept.

Thats exactly what I want to avoid, adding 400 some .torrents and pointing them to the right folder takes a huge amount of time.....

(Given that I actually have to go through all the folders and find out exactly which .torrent to download and add again....)

1 hour ago, Koenig said:

Thats exactly what I want to avoid, adding 400 some .torrents and pointing them to the right folder takes a huge amount of time.....

(Given that I actually have to go through all the folders and find out exactly which .torrent to download and add again....)

set deluge to add new torrents as 'paused' and your download folder where you've got the completed torrents stored - if you don't do this the bit below won't work.  I'm not sure how complicated your folder structure is, but move them all to the same folder - you can move them back later.

Then re-add the torrent files to your watch folder and they will show as 'paused' - click 'force recheck' on each torrent and they will pickup the files you've already downloaded and will flip over when the check has finished to 'seeding'

Edited by DZMM

I've managed to roll back to 136 and everything is back in working order now

I'll hold at this version for a while see what happens

Also, I've had the same issue prior like other users stating where their torrents go missing. Best method I've found is what's been described. Adding in paused stated and forcing a re-check. It'll take a bit of time depending on number and size of files but it beats re-adding and mapping them all manually.

4 minutes ago, fiore00713 said:

I've managed to roll back to 136 and everything is back in working order now

I'll hold at this version for a while see what happens

Also, I've had the same issue prior like other users stating where their torrents go missing. Best method I've found is what's been described. Adding in paused stated and forcing a re-check. It'll take a bit of time depending on number and size of files but it beats re-adding and mapping them all manually.

This happens to me a lot - it is frustrating as I spend too much time fixing errors and I'd move away from deluge if I could find another client that handled labels and moving to different destination folders easily.

What seems to have helped a bit for me is adding the itconfig plugin and turning on ignore_resume_timestamps

• Like 1

I'm going to also try rolling back for my issue discussed here. Unless anyone else have seen a similar issue.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:05 AM, ColonelRhodes said:

My Deluge docker no longer recognizes what I input for Download/Upload speed. I can set the max download to 100kbps and it will still download at a full 10Mbps which is maxing out the rest of my network. Any idea of what is going on here? It seems like deluge is overriding my settings with Unlimited bandwidth.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:09 PM, DZMM said:

Is there anywhere to report this issue?

I tried updataing to 138 today but still had the same issue "adress not available" so I rolled back to 136 again.

On 9/12/2018 at 12:46 AM, Fffrank said:

Recently my deluge instance quit connecting to the daemon. Log is here: https://pastebin.com/F16zrHF7

./run umask is failing but I'm not sure what that means?

The umask issue was unrelated. Fixed that and still couldn't connect to the daemon. Rolled back to version 79 (I'm using the aarch64 builds) and it works again.

I wish there was a way to flag a docker image as broken.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:22 AM, DZMM said:

Is anyone running 138 successfully?  I'm still on 136

Just jumped on the train...

Thanks to you I pulled the 136 and now it's working, but before that I was on the 139 and I had the same problem as you described.

I tried fiddelling with the ports thinking it could be that... but no results.

What's crazy is that having a quick look at the commits in the github repo doesn't show any real difference between 136 and 139

3 hours ago, MaxouMask said:

Just jumped on the train...

Thanks to you I pulled the 136 and now it's working, but before that I was on the 139 and I had the same problem as you described.

I tried fiddelling with the ports thinking it could be that... but no results.

What's crazy is that having a quick look at the commits in the github repo doesn't show any real difference between 136 and 139

I switched back to latest a couple of days ago and it seems to be working fine