ReiserFS: invalid hash with Docker container

kennelm

I'm running unraid 6.1.3 and I recently installed the docker container offered by gfjardim.  Now, I continuously get this message in my syslog:

Oct 16 05:17:52 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md4): jdm-20002 reiserfs_xattr_get: Invalid hash for xattr (user.com.dropbox.attributes) associated with [1447 1460 0x0 SD]

I've run a Reiserfsck and there are no reported errors with the file system.  If I uninstall the docker container the messages go away. 

I have docker version 1.7.1 and my docker image is located on a btrfs cache drive:  /mnt/cache/docker.img.

The docker container seems to be working properly from what I can tell.  Files are being downloaded from my dropbox account to the unraid directory.

Here are my docker container settings:

/home/.dropbox   -> /mnt/cache/appdata/dropbox/        (r/w)
/home/Dropbox   ->  /mnt/user/Pictures/Dropbox/sync/  (r/w)

I remembered  to set the appdata folder as "cache only" to keep the mover from messing with it.

Is there something obviously amiss with my configuration that would cause this?  Is it appropriate to put both the docker image and the docker configuration on the cache drive? 

I suspect the md4 issue is an unrelated issue.

I would suggest putting the array into Maintenance mode and running a file system check on disk4 in case there is corruption at the reiserfs level.

I did that and the file system came out clean.  I ran it again:

root@Tower:/dev# reiserfsck --check /dev/md4
reiserfsck 3.6.24

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md4
Will put log info to 'stdout'

Do you want to run this program?[N/Yes] (note need to type Yes if you do):Yes
###########
reiserfsck --check started at Sat Oct 17 11:30:42 2015
###########
Replaying journal: Done.
Reiserfs journal '/dev/md4' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed
Checking internal tree..  finished
Comparing bitmaps..finished
Checking Semantic tree:
finished
No corruptions found
There are on the filesystem:
        Leaves 160888
        Internal nodes 1013
        Directories 483
        Other files 3263
        Data block pointers 162402668 (0 of them are zero)
        Safe links 0
###########
reiserfsck finished at Sat Oct 17 11:48:12 2015
###########

Anything here look out of order?

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to the ReiserFS warnings, I started to have trouble with shfs as well.  This process would "hang" and take 100% cpu from one of my cores.  The only way I could find to recover is to hard boot the server and suffer through another day-long parity check.  I concluded that shfs is probably the way a docker container interacts with the underlying unraid file system, so I attributed this issue as well to my dropbox docker container.

I decided to give up on the dropbox docker container for now and wait for this to become more stable.  Once I removed it, my unraid system has resumed normal behavior and I have not seen any more issues.  Too bad, really.