Faulty Parity Drive on brand new build?

ravonaf

Please pardon my ignorance. I'm currently setting up an evaluation copy of unRAID. I'm running an older server that was purchased on Ebay. I have 32 gigs of ECC ram, 2 Quad Core Xeons with 8 bays attached to an M1015 flashed into IT mode. I then added in a 240g SSD drive and 2x4TB drives.

After my initial boot from the Flash drive, I found that I was plugged into the wrong NIC. I changed to the proper NIC on the server and rebooted the server via a Ctl-Alt-Dlt. I was then able to log into the WebGui. I added the SSD as a Cache Device, at 4TB Parity disk, and a 4TB Disk 1. I clicked start array and started the Parity-Sync.

I immediately got a faulty error on the Parity disk and an unmountable error on Disk1. Thinking maybe I hadn't set the disks correctly, I stopped the server, pulled the disks and swapped them in their bays, making sure to set them correctly.

I booted the server and set New Config to start over since I hadn't made it very far to begin with. I repeated the process of adding the disks and building the array. I received the same errors. I went ahead and clicked the format drives option since they were brand new drives and maybe I had to manually format them. The drive did format, and that cleared the unmountable error. I then did a quick SMART short self-test on both drives, receiving no errors. 

The problem is the Parity drive is still showing faulty on the Dashboard. It's continuing to build the parity drive and I have zero errors across all disks. Is the Parity drive really faulty? Will the faulty error clear after the array has finished building itself? Could I have caused the error by not cleanly rebooting the server?

Archived