Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this Plugin. Another excellent piece dmacias!! Thank you!

5068148312.png

Apparently I am faster than 82% of Australia. I just told the wife and she said, "Wow, of all the things you yap on about with your lobbying, that IS impressive."

It bodes well for me that speed impresses her!  ;):)

Hi

Anyone else using Safari? There appears to be a bug, as the table of results is always empty although the navigation correctly reports "1 to X of X results". Works fine on Firefox and Chrome.

... Having a poke around - in query.speedtest.js I believe line 24 should read:

"<tr id='"+Name+"' class='shareRow' title='click to show image'>"+

And that the missing ' around the Name is causing Safari to fail. This may have nothing to do with it though (I'm not familiar with Unraid plugins) or 'table sorter' JQuery.

Update 2: Nope. Found /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/js directory so tried playing around. If I remove the class 'shareRow' it works great.

Update 3: Ok, the on click event doen't work to change the image, but at least I can see the data.

Hi

Anyone else using Safari? There appears to be a bug, as the table of results is always empty although the navigation correctly reports "1 to X of X results". Works fine on Firefox and Chrome.

And that the missing ' around the Name is causing Safari to fail. This may have nothing to do with it though (I'm not familiar with Unraid plugins) or 'table sorter' JQuery.

Update 2: Nope. Found /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/js directory so tried playing around. If I remove the class 'shareRow' it works great.

Update 3: Ok, the on click event doen't work to change the image, but at least I can see the data.

The missing quotes didn't fix it? I'm gonna rearrange some things and see.

Hi

FWIW I have NO issues in Safari with this Plugin. I have checked Chrome too - and IF anything there is actually an issue there with the visibility of the "remove all" link. For me it is no issue though as I don't use Chrome.

If it helps I am running:

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.2 (15C50) on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Safari Version 9.0.2 (11601.3.9)

Chrome Version 48.0.2564.103 (64-bit)

Screen shots below:

Safari

speed_test_plugin_safari_osx_ec.png

Chrome

speed_test_plugin_chrome_osx_ec.png

Let me know if you need any help.

Hi

FWIW I have NO issues in Safari with this Plugin. I have checked Chrome too - and IF anything there is actually an issue there with the visibility of the "remove all" link. For me it is no issue though as I don't use Chrome.

If it helps I am running:

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.2 (15C50) on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Safari Version 9.0.2 (11601.3.9)

Chrome Version 48.0.2564.103 (64-bit)

Screen shots below:

Safari

speed_test_plugin_safari_osx_ec.png

Chrome

speed_test_plugin_chrome_osx_ec.png

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks I see the problem.

Hi

Updated the plugin. Let me know if it fixes it.

request:  Save Data Graph

I have mine set to test every night at 2:45am - would it be possible to add along side the last graphic a average speed graph of what data is saved/available?

Thanks

Myk

Added charts. It's not along side but there's a switch to enable them. It'll graph download and upload based on filters, visible or all data.

I have mine set to test every night at 2:45am - would it be possible to add along side the last graphic a average speed graph of what data is saved/available?

Thanks

Myk

Added charts. It's not along side but there's a switch to enable them. It'll graph download and upload based on filters, visible or all data.

charts are AWESOME! thanks :)

Thanks

Myk

charts are AWESOME! thanks :)

The charts are great!  Thanks!

Nice update.

Any chance of taking a look at the Safari issue, which I still get with the latest version?

I was hoping some of the changes I made would help. In the lastest update I moved the click from the table row to the cell. See if that fixes it. If not I might need some help until I get my hands on something with safari 9.1 on it.

Thanks for the update. Loving your tool!

I have a question though.

Is it possible to make the upload speed test duration longer? In my case the upload test duration is too short to max out the upload speed and consequently it reports an upload speed lower than actual.

You're welcome. Both the download and upload size need to be increased given the gig internet speeds that are available now. It has been added to the v1.0.0 milestone of speedtest-cli. Not sure when he'll get to it though. https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/milestones/v1.0.0. I looked at it a while back but it's in python. Here's a newer branch if you want to try it. There's a commit "Address performance degredation by incerasing read default" that may help.https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/modularize-2/speedtest.py

If that version helps I'll include it instead.

Interesting tool, nicely done!  Thank you.

One minor request...  In the syslog, I noticed you log the start and finish of a speed test, but not the result.  Would it be possible to add one more line with a short summary of the test results?

Hmmm... since I'm making requests - bonienl's Parity Check History button is really nice!  Any chance of something similar here, with timestamps,  so we could compare bandwidth speeds at various times?  My memory doesn't work so well, and I'm too lazy to write the numbers down (terrible excuse I know!).  It's all there, bad memory strikes again!

Interesting tool, nicely done!  Thank you.

One minor request...  In the syslog, I noticed you log the start and finish of a speed test, but not the result.  Would it be possible to add one more line with a short summary of the test results?

Hmmm... since I'm making requests - bonienl's Parity Check History button is really nice!  Any chance of something similar here, with timestamps,  so we could compare bandwidth speeds at various times?  My memory doesn't work so well, and I'm too lazy to write the numbers down (terrible excuse I know!).

I'm not sure why I didn't add that to the log. I'll do that.

If you navigate to Tools/Speedtest I think you'll find what your looking for. A complete table with filters and charts. :)

A history button in settings to take you there is a good idea.