Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

If you navigate to Tools/Speedtest I think you'll find what your looking for. A complete table with filters and charts. :)

Bad memory can be so embarrassing at times!  I commented from memory and it failed me, again.  It looks fine, nothing else needed!

I have thought about that though. I wondered if someone went to the Tools/Speedtest page and didn't realize there's a separate settings page and a tab under schedule page for cron jobs.

... I wondered if someone went to the Tools/Speedtest page and didn't realize there's a separate settings page and a tab under schedule page for cron jobs.

It actually took me a while to realize that there are three places for your plugin to operate. I think the division is logical and all is in the right place, but not obvious from the start.

Ps. I modified as as quick workaround the python script and made the sizes 5 times bigger, this results in better (=more accurate) upload speeds, so hopefully the outstanding request to the originator gets honored.

... I wondered if someone went to the Tools/Speedtest page and didn't realize there's a separate settings page and a tab under schedule page for cron jobs.

It actually took me a while to realize that there are three places for your plugin to operate. I think the division is logical and all is in the right place, but not obvious from the start.

Ps. I modified as as quick workaround the python script and made the sizes 5 times bigger, this results in better (=more accurate) upload speeds, so hopefully the outstanding request to the originator gets honored.

Did you modify the upload and download size arrays or something else?

Did you modify the upload and download size arrays or something else?

Download:

sizes = [350, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, [color=red]6000, 8000, 10000[/color]]

Upload:

sizesizes = [int([color=red]1.25[/color] * 1000 * 1000), int([color=red]2.5[/color] * 1000 * 1000)]

Nice update.

Any chance of taking a look at the Safari issue, which I still get with the latest version?

I was hoping some of the changes I made would help. In the lastest update I moved the click from the table row to the cell. See if that fixes it. If not I might need some help until I get my hands on something with safari 9.1 on it.

It's different. I now get the rows, just cannot see the content. (see screenshot). If I inspect the HTML the data is there, just not visible.

I appreciate what you're doing. If anyone else is using Safari, if might be useful to get some more reports, to see if it is an issue with El Captain Beta/Safari 9.1.

(ps. God my internet is depressingly slow. I'm told we now have Fibre available, but speed estimates are for such a big range from SLOWER to 1x5 quicker, with a 12 month tie-in even if slower, it probably isn't worth the risk :(  )

speedtest.jpg.dac2b536d60f05dfc4152ee058eeeb6d.jpg

Nice update.

Any chance of taking a look at the Safari issue, which I still get with the latest version?

I was hoping some of the changes I made would help. In the lastest update I moved the click from the table row to the cell. See if that fixes it. If not I might need some help until I get my hands on something with safari 9.1 on it.

It's different. I now get the rows, just cannot see the content. (see screenshot). If I inspect the HTML the data is there, just not visible.

I appreciate what you're doing. If anyone else is using Safari, if might be useful to get some more reports, to see if it is an issue with El Captain Beta/Safari 9.1.

(ps. God my internet is depressingly slow. I'm told we now have Fibre available, but speed estimates are for such a big range from SLOWER to 1x5 quicker, with a 12 month tie-in even if slower, it probably isn't worth the risk :(  )

I think I might have figured it out. I updated the plugin.

I updated to the 2016.02.24 version and I'm having a few issues.

On the Plugins page, the icon for Speedtest links to:

//Settings/SpeedtestSettings

but it should be:

/Settings/SpeedtestSettings

And the charts no longer work (tested in Chrome and Firefox).  When I click to enable charts, the slider stays in the off position, although the filtered/visible/all buttons and the graph type buttons show up.  No matter what I click though, no graphs are displayed.

but it should be:

And the charts no longer work (tested in Chrome and Firefox).  When I click to enable charts, the slider stays in the off position, although the filtered/visible/all buttons and the graph type buttons show up.  No matter what I click though, no graphs are displayed.

Thanks for the pointing out the plugin page link. I fixed that.  For the charts try Ctrl-F5 and refresh your browsers cache.  The charts work for me on Firefox, Chrome, my phone and I tried IE on a different computer. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.  No settings or data are be deleted.

but it should be:

Thanks for the pointing out the plugin page link. I fixed that.  For the charts try Ctrl-F5 and refresh your browsers cache.  The charts work for me on Firefox, Chrome, my phone and I tried IE on a different computer. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.  No settings or data are be deleted.

Hmm, I tried a second computer, and it worked there until I cleared my cache.  Now I get similar errors in multiple browsers on both computers.  This is probably the most clear:

TypeError: google.visualization is undefined
tabledata = google.visualization.arrayToDataTable( rawdata );
jquery....test.js (line 131, col 5)

TypeError: hi is not a function
...hq(a){a.preventDefault()};var pia=!Wh||hi(9),qia=!Wh||hi(9),ria=Wh&&!gi(Na);!Zh|...
jquery.... > eval (line 246, col 392)

I uninstalled/reinstalled but it didn't help.  I also tried incognito mode, same thing.

I have same problem with charts as well

Myk

With latest update or when did it stop working?

Latest update - either did it today or late last night - dont remember - 2016.02.24 is installed version

Thanks

Myk

I updated the plugin. Should fix it. Ctrl-F5 to be sure. The plugin uses cookies to save the chart data type and chart type if that helps.  There is also a reset table filter button at the bottom of the page.

Still nada for me. Removed all cookies and cleared cache. Even removed the plugin and added back (which coincidentally it kept all existing settings and results).

Tried on multiple computers running Safari 9.0.3

I don't know what safari doesn't like about the click on table row function. I'll try to get an osx vm going or computer with safari on it. Until then I'll  try and add a fix for safari.

still not working for me and now am not getting results from the tests - have date/time in row - but rest is empty

when clicking begin test, pop up window only gives me this:

Internet bandwidth test started

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from Charter Communications (69.xxx.84.39)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

and a done button below

this started with yesterdays update :(

Myk

still not working for me and now am not getting results from the tests - have date/time in row - but rest is empty

and a done button below

Myk

Make sure you're on the latest version. Do Ctrl-F5 to clear the browser cache. And try deleting cookies if that doesn't work. Try running speedtest-xml from the command line. You can also try reinstalling the plugin. If all else fails you can backup /boot/config/plugins/speedtest and reinstall from scratch.

and a done button below

Myk

I used this tool once on Feb 7th. Went to try today and I get the same thing in this post. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the plugin manager and still doesn't work. I guess I'll try to move the entire plugin folder and reinstall.