Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

still not working for me and now am not getting results from the tests - have date/time in row - but rest is empty

when clicking begin test, pop up window only gives me this:

Internet bandwidth test started

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from Charter Communications (69.xxx.84.39)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

and a done button below

this started with yesterdays update :(

Myk

I used this tool once on Feb 7th. Went to try today and I get the same thing in this post. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the plugin manager and still doesn't work. I guess I'll try to move the entire plugin folder and reinstall.

I updated the plugin. Let me know if it is fixed or what did.

ok, i moved the plugin folder to save in case - removed and reinstalled pluging - everything seems to be working now including graph

Thanks!

Myk

If you still have the old speedtest.xml file. Send it to me or post as a txt file. Most likely that was the problem and it was corrupted somehow or had a bad node.

still not working for me and now am not getting results from the tests - have date/time in row - but rest is empty

when clicking begin test, pop up window only gives me this:

Internet bandwidth test started

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from Charter Communications (69.xxx.84.39)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

and a done button below

this started with yesterdays update :(

Myk

I used this tool once on Feb 7th. Went to try today and I get the same thing in this post. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the plugin manager and still doesn't work. I guess I'll try to move the entire plugin folder and reinstall.

Also if you want to rename your /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml to a txt file and post or pm me.

I just performed the update, rebooted and the same thing happens. I also tried Internet Explorer which I never use. I haven't tried renaming the folder yet in hopes you need to maybe troubleshoot. Here is my XML file. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tests><test name="1454894160235" host="T-Mobile (West Norriton, PA) [70.59 km]" ping="24.939 ms" download="167.96 Mbit/s" upload="22.02 Mbit/s" share="http://www.speedtest.net/result/5067135220.png"/><test name="1456612126842"/><test name="1456612187169"/><test name="1456692121211"/><test name="1456692163187"/></tests>

I just performed the update, rebooted and the same thing happens. I also tried Internet Explorer which I never use. I haven't tried renaming the folder yet in hopes you need to maybe troubleshoot. Here is my XML file. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tests><test name="1454894160235" host="T-Mobile (West Norriton, PA) [70.59 km]" ping="24.939 ms" download="167.96 Mbit/s" upload="22.02 Mbit/s" share="http://www.speedtest.net/result/5067135220.png"/><test name="1456612126842"/><test name="1456612187169"/><test name="1456692121211"/><test name="1456692163187"/></tests>

I tried your xml and other than the blank tests it didn't cause a manual test to not work. You could uninstall and just delete the speedtest directory since there's not much in there. Then reinstall. Which browser did you try? Try Ctrl-F5 and clear the browser cache. If that doesn't work try clearing cookies and cache. Then you can try these from the command line and let me know if they work.

speedtest-xml

/usr/bin/python /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest.py

<?xml version="1.0"?>

I tried your xml and other than the blank tests it didn't cause a manual test to not work. You could uninstall and just delete the speedtest directory since there's not much in there. Then reinstall. Which browser did you try? Try Ctrl-F5 and clear the browser cache. If that doesn't work try clearing cookies and cache. Then you can try these from the command line and let me know if they work.

speedtest-xml

/usr/bin/python /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest.py

The command line version works ok. Something must of got stuffed up in the folder or something. I can uninstall it, delete all the folders and try a reinstall.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any thought as to why I see a large difference between my browser and the unraid plugin?

Local browser is the faster of the two

5315579348.png

5315577022.png

There's a known flaw with connections as fast as yours and the speedtest python script, mainly the upload speed. The author of the script is aware and it's on his todo list. That said there will always be a differences which is stated in the op right before the change log.

Any thought as to why I see a large difference between my browser and the unraid plugin?

--

--

There's a known flaw with connections as fast as yours and the speedtest python script, mainly the upload speed. The author of the script is aware and it's on his todo list. That said there will always be a differences which is stated in the op right before the change log.

Thank you for responding!

The shortcut tabs in the webpage seems to be broken on Chrome.. I see 2 setting tabs, and they dont redirect me anywhere, same for scheduler. Not a big issue but just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks for the heads up. I only tried Firefox desktop and chrome on my phone. I'll check out chrome on my laptop.

The shortcut tabs in the webpage seems to be broken on Chrome.. I see 2 setting tabs, and they dont redirect me anywhere, same for scheduler. Not a big issue but just wanted to bring it to your attention.

I tried Chromium on my laptop and Chrome on a Windows 7 VM both worked fine.  Try Ctrl-F5 to refresh your browser cache. If that doesn't work, right click in Chrome and select Inspect then Console then click on the tabs and see what the error is.

Edit: could be cookie related too if they are blocked. But then other cookies wouldn't work like chart display, filter or type.

Apologies if I missed the answer to this question as I skimmed the backlog on this thread, but would it be possible to add a "Download" button to get the test history in (preferably) a JSON format? Like others here I have the plugin set to run on a schedule and I'd love to pour this data into MongoDB and do some longer-term trend charts with it.

Thanks!

Dan

Apologies if I missed the answer to this question as I skimmed the backlog on this thread, but would it be possible to add a "Download" button to get the test history in (preferably) a JSON format? Like others here I have the plugin set to run on a schedule and I'd love to pour this data into MongoDB and do some longer-term trend charts with it.

Thanks!

Dan

The data is available in xml format on the flash drive at /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml.

Maybe a command line tool like xml-json would work for you.

https://github.com/sinelaw/xml-to-json

5315579348.png

5315577022.png

I was coming here for the same thing...But not at those speeds. (Very nice BTW.) 

I get 1/2 the download speed reported.  Uploads are right on. 

18 Mbps down using the plugin

37 Mbps down using my Wi-Fi connection on my MacBook.

And yes, I made sure I was using the same SpeedTest server for testing. 

I understand the reason for this as started and that the author is aware, but wow, it really is off by a lot even with slower connections.

I tried Chromium on my laptop and Chrome on a Windows 7 VM both worked fine.  Try Ctrl-F5 to refresh your browser cache. If that doesn't work, right click in Chrome and select Inspect then Console then click on the tabs and see what the error is.

Edit: could be cookie related too if they are blocked. But then other cookies wouldn't work like chart display, filter or type.

This is what I see in the console:

SpeedtestTools:215 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token )

jquery.speedtest.js:53 Uncaught ReferenceError: Units is not defined

http://tower/plugins/ipmi/icons/settings.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

I'm also getting slower speeds than normal compared to my normal desktop overall, esp upload is lower than download

This is what I see in the console:

SpeedtestTools:215 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token )

jquery.speedtest.js:53 Uncaught ReferenceError: Units is not defined

http://tower/plugins/ipmi/icons/settings.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

I'm also getting slower speeds than normal compared to my normal desktop overall, esp upload is lower than download

I see the problem. I copied and pasted from  ipmi plugin and didn't change the path.

What are your speeds?

Hi - I've got two issues with the charts (which could be me being stupid, and could be limitations of the charting utility).  None of which are a huge deal.

One is on the "Area Graph" - when you have a lot of dates displaying, they all cross over each other into a mush of text.  The other graph types seem to solve this by only displaying selected dates, but Area Graph doesn't like this.

Is it possible to display the charts in the opposite direction?  That is, oldest data first -> newest data last?  As it stands you've got the stats displaying in reverse order, and I haven't found a way to solve this yet.

Great utility, thank you :)

Hi - I've got two issues with the charts (which could be me being stupid, and could be limitations of the charting utility).  None of which are a huge deal.

One is on the "Area Graph" - when you have a lot of dates displaying, they all cross over each other into a mush of text.  The other graph types seem to solve this by only displaying selected dates, but Area Graph doesn't like this.

Is it possible to display the charts in the opposite direction?  That is, oldest data first -> newest data last?  As it stands you've got the stats displaying in reverse order, and I haven't found a way to solve this yet.

Great utility, thank you :)

There's also the Filtered, Visible and All buttons. The Filtered will show the chart based on the filter selected below the table header. Visible will be what you see and All will be all data. You can also use the table pager to limit the visible data.

The charts use google charts so the label may be out of my control. I think I looked into that for the area table because that's what I use. For me when I select All, the labels are angled down and to the left but get abbreviated. I'll see if changing the chart resolution will help.

That's odd - the Area Graph works fine this morning.  I've looked into it - the labels are only broken when you first turn charts on (turn them off, revisit the page, turn them on again).

I had tried changing the order of the table, but that doesn't seem to affect the chart at all.

That's odd - the Area Graph works fine this morning.  I've looked into it - the labels are only broken when you first turn charts on (turn them off, revisit the page, turn them on again).

I had tried changing the order of the table, but that doesn't seem to affect the chart at all.

I was mistaken about the chart sort. It's independent of the table sort. I changed the chart sort order so oldest is on the left and newest is on the right. I'll look into the labels more.