Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

• 1 month later...

I'm getting really slow loading of the results pages for this (2-3 mins loading time). Probably because I have 6000 results stored.

[ EDIT: I deleted all the results and it now loads instantly. ]

Is it possible to set "only save XXX days of results" ?

Also, I don't get any warnings when the speed is below the threshold. I've set the threshold to 200, my max speed is 105 so I should have got a warning.

Edited by jj_uk
45 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

I'm getting really slow loading of the results pages for this (2-3 mins loading time). Probably because I have 6000 results stored.

[ EDIT: I deleted all the results and it now loads instantly. ]

Is it possible to set "only save XXX days of results" ?

Also, I don't get any warnings when the speed is below the threshold. I've set the threshold to 200, my max speed is 105 so I should have got a warning.

I've been meaning to add something like that. I'll look into the warning issue.

• Like 1

Couple of (what I think to be) minor requests?

When  viewing the history tab, could it:

A) Auto sort by date (or allow an option to pick which column to auto-sort by)?

B) Provide an "average" for both upload and download columns in the header/footer for the chart?

Couple of (what I think to be) minor requests?

When  viewing the history tab, could it:
A) Auto sort by date (or allow an option to pick which column to auto-sort by)?
B) Provide an "average" for both upload and download columns in the header/footer for the chart?

A) has always been part of this. It defaults to auto sort by date latest first. With tablesorter your settings will be saved per browser. So if you change the sort of sort filter it will be saved. Also the tabs have a 3 position toggle which can be seen by the down/up/off carrot when you click on the table header.

B) That's a good idea. I'll look into it
2 hours ago, dmacias said:

You're right (obviously) on A). I guess  I never noticed it maintained the sort/order after I clicked it. Maybe it resets after server restart Either way it works perfectly fine. 

Thanks for the quick response!

A) has always been part of this. It defaults to auto sort by date latest first. With tablesorter your settings will be saved per browser. So if you change the sort of sort filter it will be saved. Also the tabs have a 3 position toggle which can be seen by the down/up/off carrot when you click on the table header.

B) That's a good idea. I'll look into it

On 9/14/2018 at 11:40 PM, dmacias said:
On 7/30/2018 at 5:16 PM, kharntiitar said:
I'm having some issues, and hoping someone might be able to assist.

When I run the plugin manually from browser I get the following error:

Internet bandwidth test startedFatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function addChild() on boolean in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml:60Stack trace:#0 {main}thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml on line 60

Looking at my syslog I see:

mybox emhttpd: req (27): cmd=/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml&arg1=--verbose&csrf_token=****************emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml --verbosespeedtest: Internet bandwidth test started

I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling numerous times, including rebooting, with no success.

I can go in to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts and run the various scripts with no hassle whatsoever. (ie: python speedtest-latest.py )

The line in speedtest-xml that it is referencing is 

$test = $xml->addChild('test');

And finally, this used to work for me, I had it performing hourly speedtests until a few months ago with no issues, and only went to start trying to use it again a couple of days ago. I did edit the third line of speedtest-xml to "$debug = TRUE;" for obvious reasons.

Any suggestion on where I may have gone wrong, would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply but there's probably something wrong with the xml file where the results are stored on the flash drive.

Many thanks for the reply, you are absolutely correct. I didn't realise the 'uninstall' didn't remove the config files. Cleared the directory and everything is working perfectly again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Since yesterday no matter what I do I am getting slow speed results. If I go to Speedtest.net I test out just fine. Any ideas what could be causing this? Speed to the server itself is fine and nothing seems affected with torrents or plex for local streaming.

When going to Speedtest.net for example I get 480+ / 22+

Capture.JPG

Edited by ugp
Added photo
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this in logs so I ran it from unRaid built-in web console:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml --verbose

result:

root@Tower:~# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml --verbose
ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in <module>
    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
    raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)
ValueError: unsupported hash type md5
ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha1
ERROR:root:code for hash sha224 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha224
ERROR:root:code for hash sha256 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha256
ERROR:root:code for hash sha384 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384
ERROR:root:code for hash sha512 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha512
  File "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-latest.py", line 120, in <module>
    from md5 import md5
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/md5.py", line 10, in <module>
    from hashlib import md5
ImportError: cannot import name md5
Internet bandwidth test started

Edited by interwebtech
Found this in logs so I ran it from unRaid built-in web console:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml --verbose

result:

root@Tower:~# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-xml --verboseERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor   raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)ValueError: unsupported hash type md5ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found.Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor   raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)ValueError: unsupported hash type sha1ERROR:root:code for hash sha224 was not found.Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor   raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)ValueError: unsupported hash type sha224ERROR:root:code for hash sha256 was not found.Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor   raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)ValueError: unsupported hash type sha256ERROR:root:code for hash sha384 was not found.Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor   raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384ERROR:root:code for hash sha512 was not found.Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor   raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)ValueError: unsupported hash type sha512Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-latest.py", line 120, in    from md5 import md5 File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/md5.py", line 10, in    from hashlib import md5ImportError: cannot import name md5Internet bandwidth test started

Thanks. I updated python in Nerdpack.
On 1/23/2019 at 2:53 AM, dmacias said:

I also updated python and pip for 6.7 and added setuptools as a separate package

Thanks for that. Just in case someone else has this issue and to expand upon what @dmacias said. I had to go into Nerdtools and set it to download and install the pip package. Once that was done everything worked again. Thank you!

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 2:04 AM, jude said:

Thanks for that. Just in case someone else has this issue and to expand upon what @dmacias said. I had to go into Nerdtools and set it to download and install the pip package. Once that was done everything worked again. Thank you!

Thanks @jude, this did the trick for me in 6.7 stable as well

• 4 weeks later...

Someone may want to post as sticky somewhere to update NerdPack and/or python if their speedtest-cli is broken after update to unRAID 6.7.  It's a simple fix and it's always good practice to update/disable plugins when upgrading the OS but I figure there will be a lot of people asking when they figure it out their scheduled speedtest is broken.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I for the life of me, cannot get this to work at my line speeds. I have 1.5Gbps down and 950ish up. I am getting results like 20Mbps et. I know the speed is fine, because other apps are downloading at full line speed.

I have tried using different script versions, all the same, no dice.

Nerd pack is current.

Any Suggestions? Anyone?

Edited by Viper359
Update