Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

Anyone else having trouble with the server list? I’ve been running mine daily with no issues for a while, but when I went to do a manual test recently it threw back nothing. So I popped into settings where I had manually selected a nearby Spectrum server and the list that’s coming up now has very few servers and none anywhere near my state (Florida). If I go to the Speedtest website it auto selects the nearby server so I don’t know what’s going on. 

to make sure it was still at least working I changed it to Auto and it selected something in Nebraska or something. It worked though and didn’t give any errors. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 2:58 AM, cookwjc said:

I’d recommend moving on from this plugin; I’ve been and confident you’ll be happier with this other project linked below (not mine).  It’s not perfect, but it behaves much better than this one for me at least.

Check out Speedtest-tracker

https://hub.docker.com/r/henrywhitaker3/speedtest-tracker

Can get this one to work at all. Can't access WebUI.

2 minutes ago, henryw3 said:

Did you map 3765 to container port 80?

Yes. Weirdly I tested half a dozen times. Coming back now 15 mins later and it's loading!

Looks great too, especially like Telegram and Healthchecks integration.

Oh, one question, how do you change default number of days on the graph?

Edited by cinereus
2 minutes ago, cinereus said:

Yes. Weirdly I tested half a dozen times. Coming back now 15 mins later and it's loading!

Looks great too, especially like Telegram and Healthchecks integration.

Oh, one question, how do you change default number of days on the graph?

Good to hear. Yeah, there's no way to do that atm, is something I've been meaning to add for a while so it will get added in the next couple of weeks when I've got some time to work on it

I've always been having this issue (with the speedtest app and speedtest-tracker app).

Effectively my ISP provides 350Mbit down / 35Mbit Upstream.. I can max out the connection in SABNZBD and other download dockers, but the two speedtest ones seem to cap at 60Mbit/s down. I've tried Bridge/Host network modes to match the other dockers that can max the connection out but nothing changes, it's still capping. 

I've checked the speedtest endpoint which is the one closest to me, and running speedtest from any browser on any other device in the house maxes out the connection to the same server absolutely fine..

It's almost like OOKLA's CLI is limiting things? I get good network speeds in the house (I can saturate the gigabit connection if transferring files etc.)

Any ideas? 

Edited by Snubbers
22 minutes ago, Snubbers said:

I've always been having this issue (with the speedtest app and speedtest-tracker app).

Effectively my ISP provides 350Mbit down / 35Mbit Upstream.. I can max out the connection in SABNZBD and other download dockers, but the two speedtest ones seem to cap at 60Mbit/s down. I've tried Bridge/Host network modes to match the other dockers that can max the connection out but nothing changes, it's still capping. 

I've checked the speedtest endpoint which is the one closest to me, and running speedtest from any browser on any other device in the house maxes out the connection to the same server absolutely fine..

It's almost like OOKLA's CLI is limiting things? I get good network speeds in the house (I can saturate the gigabit connection if transferring files etc.)

Any ideas? 

No issues here with 500/50 and the cli or these two apps so I think it's something your end. What about running a browser in a VM on your server?

5 hours ago, cinereus said:

No issues here with 500/50 and the cli or these two apps so I think it's something your end. What about running a browser in a VM on your server?

Thanks for the help!

I've fired up a Win 10 VM (Fresh) and instantly getting 250-320Mbps , as the Win 10 VM is updating whilst running it, that's about right!

speedtest tracker is still 55-60Mbps.

Additional checks

1. I've switched speedtest tracker to use br0 (Same as the Windows 10 machine) and no change 

2. I've checked the 'Interface' stats on the unRaid dashboard and that shows the VM @ 300+Mbps and the Speedtest Tracker @ ~60Mbps

It does look isolated to the speedtest dockers for some reason? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, henryw3 said:

Good to hear. Yeah, there's no way to do that atm, is something I've been meaning to add for a while so it will get added in the next couple of weeks when I've got some time to work on it

Is there a dedicated thread for your docker yet?

I have a feature request. Let healthcheck fail if speed(s) are below a given threshold.

I just found for the last 24 hours one of my ethernet interfaces had dropped to 100 Mbps and required replugging to fix. It would have been caught by this.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:26 AM, cinereus said:

Suddenly stopped working for me again last Monday night. Manually running via command line and via the plugin page works fine, automated tests just aren't working.

Any ideas?

Same deal here - works fine when run manually, but when it tries to run automatically it logs a failed test.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:26 PM, cinereus said:

Suddenly stopped working for me again last Monday night. Manually running via command line and via the plugin page works fine, automated tests just aren't working.

Any ideas?

Same here since march 8th.
Manual test works fine but via schedule it's alway showing 

2021-03-28 18:00 Sun------0 Mbit/s0 Mbit/s

On 3/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, cinereus said:

Is there a dedicated thread for your docker yet?

I have a feature request. Let healthcheck fail if speed(s) are below a given threshold.

I just found for the last 24 hours one of my ethernet interfaces had dropped to 100 Mbps and required replugging to fix. It would have been caught by this.

Don't think there is a thread, and I rarely check here so best bet is add a feature request issue on GitHub and I'll eventually get round to adding it in

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I started having issues as soon as I updated my server to 6.9, and assumed that was the problem because I hadn't yet updated my backup server and it continued to run just fine. Now I'm getting no results on either server even though the backup is still on 6.8.x and the primary is on 6.8.1.

@dmacias are you still active on this project? If not, I'll move on to something else. This has been a great "ping" to know the servers are still up, and I'll miss it if it's gone...

On 4/9/2021 at 3:28 AM, FreeMan said:

I started having issues as soon as I updated my server to 6.9, and assumed that was the problem because I hadn't yet updated my backup server and it continued to run just fine. Now I'm getting no results on either server even though the backup is still on 6.8.x and the primary is on 6.8.1.

@dmacias are you still active on this project? If not, I'll move on to something else. This has been a great "ping" to know the servers are still up, and I'll miss it if it's gone...

Also having issues since 6.9.1 update. If not supported anymore it will be sadly missed. 

On 4/9/2021 at 12:28 PM, FreeMan said:

Same problem here, the server list is empty.

4 hours ago, praaphorst said:

Same problem here, the server list is empty.

23 hours ago, truckerCLOCK said:

Also having issues since 6.9.1 update. If not supported anymore it will be sadly missed. 

On 4/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, FreeMan said:

On 4/7/2021 at 8:08 PM, Jamesco said:

I can confirm i am also having the same issue. 

I strongly recommend moving to henryw3's docker.

• Like 1