Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

Any chance of adding a cron option? Running it every x hours/days/weeks with no user interaction and the results added to the table.

I wouldn't mind repeating this on a schedule to monitor the average speeds from my ISP.

That's a good idea!  I know that my ISP has oversold the fibre in my area, but my downloads are still plenty good enough - I'd be interested to see how upload speeds fluctuate though.

Any chance of adding a cron option? Running it every x hours/days/weeks with no user interaction and the results added to the table.

I wouldn't mind repeating this on a schedule to monitor the average speeds from my ISP.

That's a good idea!  I know that my ISP has oversold the fibre in my area, but my downloads are still plenty good enough - I'd be interested to see how upload speeds fluctuate though.

There is a docker that does that ;)

SmokePing

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43602.msg416088#msg416088

Just an idea!

Thanks

As it's written it won't work because it's mostly javascript. But I can move some functions to php and have it create and save the xml file. Basically make it a stand alone function that you could call from a cron job.

SmokePing

I'll have to check that out.

SmokePing

I'll have to check that out.

DarkStat does the same also

I updated the plugin today and now I am getting the following error at the top of the speedtest page in the WebUI:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/include/parse_cfg.php on line 4 

I have cleared browser cache but the error remains, any ideas?

Thanks!

OK, I'm sure you're going to tell us soon, but the latest release notes mention a stand-alone script we can cron ???

I made another update and now you can just add /usr/sbin/speedtest-xml to a cron job.  You can also just run speedtest-xml from the command line.  The script will run in the background, logging start and completion.

OK, I'm sure you're going to tell us soon, but the latest release notes mention a stand-alone script we can cron ???

I made another update and now you can just run speedtest-xml.  I added the script /usr/sbin/ and added logging to speedtest.php

Thanks. Just finished running from command line and the results showed up in the page so looks like it works. Now to create .cron

I made another update and now you can just run speedtest-xml.  I added the script /usr/sbin/ and added logging to speedtest.php

Thanks. Just finished running from command line and the results showed up in the page so looks like it works. Now to create .cron

I went ahead and added a settings page for creating cron jobs under Settings/Scheduler/Speetest Settings and moved the Test and Results page to Tools/Speedtest

I went ahead and added a settings page for creating cron jobs under Settings/Scheduler/Speetest Settings and moved the Test and Results page to Tools/Speedtest

Very nice.

I can see possibly wanting to schedule this hourly. Would it be possible to automatically delete results that are older than a day or two?

I could do it a couple of ways. I could easily just filter the results page with a drop down to select 3 days, week, 2 weeks, month, all or a setting to remove those older than a certain time. Or maybe both. I think the first method would work well because even after a year at 24x7x52x120 bytes per line you're only looking at a 1Mb xml file.

I can see possibly wanting to schedule this hourly. Would it be possible to automatically delete results that are older than a day or two?

I could do it a couple of ways. I could easily just filter the results page with a drop down to select 3 days, week, 2 weeks, month, all or a setting to remove those older than a certain time. Or maybe both. I think the first method would work well because even after a year at 24x7x52x120 bytes per line you're only looking at a 1Mb xml file.

Both sounds good ;D

Hi, this is awesome, finally a plugin for it. Just wondering, where is the log file stored at? It won't be delete after every reboot right?

Also, I think it would be great if you can make it show (in the results table) which server it speedtest from, because in my location there are a few, and some of them are ISPs servers, and it would be great to see the speeds to which server. Otherwise if the auto selects another server then the speed tests will be like comparing apples to oranges - both nice fruits but different

edit: another minor thing, the datetime is show as Sun Dec 22 15:14:51 2015, is it possible to change it to Sun Dec 22 2015, 15:14:51 instead?

Thanks for making this plugin!

Hi, this is awesome, finally a plugin for it. Just wondering, where is the log file stored at? It won't be delete after every reboot right?

Also, I think it would be great if you can make it show (in the results table) which server it speedtest from, because in my location there are a few, and some of them are ISPs servers, and it would be great to see the speeds to which server. Otherwise if the auto selects another server then the speed tests will be like comparing apples to oranges - both nice fruits but different

edit: another minor thing, the datetime is show as Sun Dec 22 15:14:51 2015, is it possible to change it to Sun Dec 22 2015, 15:14:51 instead?

I'll add the speedtest host into the table. It'll only work for new tests though. The date and time is formatted based on your display settings for dynamix.

I'll add the speedtest host into the table. It'll only work for new tests though. The date and time is formatted based on your display settings for dynamix.

Thanks. As for the date time, my format is current this: Current date and time:

Tue 29 Dec 2015 02:30:26 PM HKT. Which is quite different than the one shown above.

Anyone knows where can I adjust the settings?