What are the TOP 10 Motherboards for Unraid?

Not sure how you'd determine that.

The GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 is probably the best bargan board for a smaller scale server. It could work up to 16 drives if you're ok with the slower speed of the PCI buss. If (when) a 8 drive PCIe card becomes available it'll really look good but there will likely be a better cheaper motherboard out by then  ;).

Peter

Buy.com (not my first choice usually) claims to have them in stock as of this posting (just picked up one)

Funny you should mention Buy.com.  I just bought my first and last item from them!  Ok, maybe a bit harsh but after spending way too much time scouring their website for a customer service number and nothing on any correspondence they sent me in regards to my order, I finally Google'd it to get it.  CSR told me it was too late to cancel (literally 15 minutes after I ordered because I realized I had qty 2 instead of 1 due to shopping cart FUBAR) but that I could call Fedex and have them return shipment to sender.  I called Fedex and they told me the package was not in their possession even thought it was (ok not Buy.com's fault).  I called Fedex back a few hours later and they said it was taken care of.  This morning I get a delivery confirmation from Fedex!  I guess the upside is that I got next day service for free ground shipping but now I still have to return the item!

Mine showed up quickly (Fedex ground).  The outer box was beat to hell.  The inner box is okay.  Haven't cracked it open to see if the motherboard is okay.

Not overly comforting.  Bought the CPU and power supply locally.  Now just need the Norco, memory, storage and a pro license :).