[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

Recently, I was able to go about a good 10 days before it slowed down.  Was down to less than 100 queued.  Then did remove and re-install.  Worked only for 2 days.  Then did remove and re-install.  Worked only for 2 days.  Then did remove and re-install.  Only 180 downloads queued now.  Eventually I may give SABnzb a try.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

just installed unraid and nzbget. When I install the package I receive a 401 error when trying to enter the webUI. I am new to the unraid platform, but Sabnzbd works fine with pretty much the same setting (except port and appdata folder of course). Also the appdata folder of nzbget is nearly empty.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

post log from the container and docker run

docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nzbget' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='022' -p '6789:6789/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/media/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nzbget':'/config':'rw' 'lscr.io/linuxserver/nzbget'
0246ce3c1ba4184cf33df5185a7a215cbcf2afae91549634db06bf005a9c7f3d

The command finished successfully!

Unfortunately I do not have that application log item that is shown in your link. where else can I find it?

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.30.05 AM.png

9 hours ago, thimplicity said:

docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nzbget' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='022' -p '6789:6789/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/media/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nzbget':'/config':'rw' 'lscr.io/linuxserver/nzbget'
0246ce3c1ba4184cf33df5185a7a215cbcf2afae91549634db06bf005a9c7f3d

Unfortunately I do not have that application log item that is shown in your link. where else can I find it?

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.30.05 AM.png

OK, probably a stupid newbie mistake. I tried it in another browser and it asked me for credentials. Now it works - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have been getting the following errors:

[ERROR] Could not resolve hostname usnews.usenetnow.net: Error -3 - Try again
[WARNING] Blocking USEnet Now (usnews.usenetnow.net) for 10 sec

But it does resolve it and downloads but it keeps flooding log with this. Download speeds are horrible. Then later download speeds are great and then bad again. I tried entering the ip address in xx.xx.xxx.xx format for usenetnews but it cant resolve that. Rest of the house has functioning internet so i know its not a dns problem on the network.

Any ideas???

Thanks for the help

Quick question:

Not sure why, but all of a sudden, all my downloads are failing and showing up as "hidden".  Anyone have any idea how to get NZBGet to stop marking everything as "hidden"?

Any info greatly appreciated...I Googled around and couldn't find anything of interest...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a bit of a problem. I recently updated my Unraid server and then noticed my NZBGet History was completely gone. so I checked the appdata folder to see what happened. In there NZBGet only stores the config file. I thought that was odd, so I restored my appdata backup from the previous day and NZBget was still pretty much empty and my History did not come back. Some new items have downloaded and still that folder only has config in it.

Where is the history being saved to? and can I restore my old history?

**Update**

I found the folder holding History. It seems that it was reset for some reason, but sense it wasn't in appdata, I don't have a backup of it. It looks like the folder with all my queue files are still there, but they don't show up in NZBGet anymore, I'm assuming they need the "history" file in order to show up in NZBGet's completed area.

Edited by Snipe3000
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

I am getting the following error after my weekly application data backup and cannot access the web UI for NZBGet and figure out why.  And yes, I have tried restarting the container and pulling it down again a few times.  Only thing I have not done is reboot the whole server.

s6-supervise custom-svc-README.txt (child): fatal: unable to exec run: Exec format error
s6-supervise custom-svc-README.txt: warning: unable to spawn ./run - waiting 10 seconds

I do also see this in the log before these lines:

[custom-init] python2.sh: exited 0
    *                         !!!!                         *
    * Custom scripts or services found in legacy locations *
    *    Please move your custom scripts and services      *
    *    to /custom-cont-init.d and /custom-services.d     *
    *    respectively to ensure they continue working.     *
    *  Visit https://linuxserver.io/custom for more info.  *

Any help would be appreciated!

9 hours ago, xlelx said:

Hi all!

I am getting the following error after my weekly application data backup and cannot access the web UI for NZBGet and figure out why.  And yes, I have tried restarting the container and pulling it down again a few times.  Only thing I have not done is reboot the whole server.

s6-supervise custom-svc-README.txt (child): fatal: unable to exec run: Exec format error
s6-supervise custom-svc-README.txt: warning: unable to spawn ./run - waiting 10 seconds

I do also see this in the log before these lines:

[custom-init] python2.sh: exited 0
    * Custom scripts or services found in legacy locations *
    *    Please move your custom scripts and services      *
    *    to /custom-cont-init.d and /custom-services.d     *
    *    respectively to ensure they continue working.     *
    *  Visit https://linuxserver.io/custom for more info.  *

Any help would be appreciated!

An update:

Curiously I am able to remove the container from the Docker tab, remove/rename the nzbget folder in my appdata folder, pull down the container and it runs fine.  I can stop the container, pull in my old nzbget.conf, then restart it (so I retain my path settings, etc easily) and it continues to work fine.  I can then also re-install VideoSort from here (https://github.com/nzbget/VideoSort/releases), version 8.0 at the time of this writing, and it too works fine.  I might add that I did install Video sort into the /custom-cont-init.d folder as the previous README advised.  As part of the VideoSort install I have also installed Python 2 through the docker's console.  It will work fine once NZBGet is reloaded from making changes through the container's web interface as well.  If I restart the container altogether, I immediately get the same errors on startup and an inaccessible web UI and new errors as listed below:

s6-rc-compile: fatal: during resolution of bundle user: undefined service name custom-svc-README.txt
s6-rc: fatal: unable to take locks: No such file or directory
s6-linux-init-shutdownd: warning: /run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.shutdown exited 111
s6-rc-compile: fatal: during resolution of bundle user: undefined service name custom-svc-README.txt
s6-linux-init-shutdownd: warning: /run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.shutdown exited 111
[custom-init] removing existing custom services...
[custom-init] no custom services found, skipping...

Still trying to find a permanent fix for this as I naturally don't want to have to do this dance each time I restart the container which will be at least once a week when my appdata backup runs and stops all Docker containers.  Seems it does not like VideoSort or Python 2 all of a sudden and I am not aware of a good replacement.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:41 PM, xlelx said:

Still trying to find a permanent fix for this as I naturally don't want to have to do this dance each time I restart the container which will be at least once a week when my appdata backup runs and stops all Docker containers.  Seems it does not like VideoSort or Python 2 all of a sudden and I am not aware of a good replacement.

Interestingly the exact same thing happened to me. And thanks, your tip 'remove image, move nzbget appdata. reinstall image, copy back nzbget.conf and python.sh' worked for me too. not sure but it must be related to python2 install during the image install. still looking for a fix

On 9/17/2022 at 12:45 PM, wolferl99 said:

Interestingly the exact same thing happened to me. And thanks, your tip 'remove image, move nzbget appdata. reinstall image, copy back nzbget.conf and python.sh' worked for me too. not sure but it must be related to python2 install during the image install. still looking for a fix

Glad you got something useful from my post!

Another update...

The container restarted successfully after last weeks appdata backup.  I thought I had this beat, but there was an update last night which broke this again.  Same errors.  On a whim I reinstalled python2 from the container console (docker exec -it nzbget bash, then apk update, and finally apk add python2) and also deleted the custom-services.d folder.  I then restarted the container and it worked like a charm.  Dunno if this fix will work for everyone.  Someone may want to just try deleting the README file in the custom-services.d folder rather than the whole folder to see if that makes things happy as well.  I am not until it breaks the next time, if it breaks a next time :)

On 9/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, xlelx said:

Glad you got something useful from my post!

Another update...

The container restarted successfully after last weeks appdata backup.  I thought I had this beat, but there was an update last night which broke this again.  Same errors.  On a whim I reinstalled python2 from the container console (docker exec -it nzbget bash, then apk update, and finally apk add python2) and also deleted the custom-services.d folder.  I then restarted the container and it worked like a charm.  Dunno if this fix will work for everyone.  Someone may want to just try deleting the README file in the custom-services.d folder rather than the whole folder to see if that makes things happy as well.  I am not until it breaks the next time, if it breaks a next time :)

Thank you!

Deleting the 'README.txt' file from the 'cont-init.d' folder fixed it for me.

Python 2 was installed automatically in latest version.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I've been running NZBGET for a while now.  Here lately I've noticed every single day I have to login to docker screen.  I keep the docker up and running all day (for obvious reasons), and have it's screen running on a dedicated browser tab.  When I get home from work and go to that tab to check history/errors/etc it always reports a communication error and requires me to refresh the tab and re-login.  At first I thought this would be due to a constant stream of updates, but I just checked the github and and it's not been updated in a while.  Any ideas what could be going on?  Does the docker just time out after a set time?  I checked the logs for the docker, all it seems to indicate is a history of files downloaded/extracted/etc.

Thanks for any help!

I've been using this docker configured along with binhex-deluge for months.  It's set up so that nzbget's traffic is passed through binhex-deluge which is pointed to my proxy server.

Over the weekend I had a power failure and had to rebuild my docker.img & reinstall both dockers.

Now, nzbget is starting (see docker.run below) but the webui won't load.  I've tried both my chrome browser & edge.  Both time out.

However, I know nzbget is working because I can successfully pass information from sonarr to it and downloads complete just fine.

Does anyone have any suggests to get my webui back?

docker.run

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='nzbget' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/DVR/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies':'/Movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Public':'/Public':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nzbget':'/config':'rw' --net=container:binhex-delugevpn 'linuxserver/nzbget'

793e277ce84a5c957bb1e4ae942e937e1b1ee81ad9729f1e80556c2a8b65a8f6

nzbget log

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support the app dev(s) visit:
NZBGet: https://nzbget.net/donate

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/10-adduser exited 0
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/30-config
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/30-config exited 0
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/99-custom-files
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/99-custom-files exited 0
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-mods: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-mods successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-package-install: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-package-install successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-end: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-end successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-services successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun nzbget (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
s6-rc: info: service 99-ci-service-check: starting
[ls.io-init] done.
s6-rc: info: service 99-ci-service-check successfully started
[INFO] nzbget 21.1 server-mode
[INFO] Executing scheduler-script Completion.py
[INFO] Scheduler: setting download rate to 0 KB/s
[INFO] Completion: File "/downloads/scripts/Completion.py", line 1011
[INFO] Completion: except Exception, e:
[INFO] Completion: ^
[INFO] Completion: SyntaxError: invalid syntax

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 11:45 AM, bumpkin said:

LOL - so I finally get everything up and running on Unraid, including nzbget, and I see this at the linuxserver.io git change log:

image.png.622aa36f78cac615a77b0ef55766f1f0.png

Surprised this isn't announced here.  Should I make the switch to sab?

I'm down that rabbit hole now too. I guess I'm kicking and screaming back to SAB...

There has been a fork with the NZBGet: https://github.com/nzbget-ng/nzbget Details:  

Note: this repo is a fork of the original github project nzbget/nzbget originally written by @hugbug. He deserves all the credit for this software.

Since he has now archived the project, I've combined my changes (surgical fixes to accomodate the intentially-malformed 'wtf' NZB headers, which result in the infamous 'abc.xyz' file names) and merged several pull requests from the original repo.

Paul, 2022.11.28

I'm hoping that LinuxServer will point to the fork.  I'm guessing no, but I can hope.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2023 at 1:12 AM, camprman said:

There has been a fork with the NZBGet: https://github.com/nzbget-ng/nzbget Details:  

Note: this repo is a fork of the original github project nzbget/nzbget originally written by @hugbug. He deserves all the credit for this software.

Since he has now archived the project, I've combined my changes (surgical fixes to accomodate the intentially-malformed 'wtf' NZB headers, which result in the infamous 'abc.xyz' file names) and merged several pull requests from the original repo.

Paul, 2022.11.28

I'm hoping that LinuxServer will point to the fork.  I'm guessing no, but I can hope.  

I agree, I posted a request in the lsio forum (https://discourse.linuxserver.io/t/un-deprecate-nzbget-or-start-a-new-one) but it doesn't look good, at least until Paul can get ramped up on development.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 9:27 PM, shwa87 said:

I agree, I posted a request in the lsio forum (https://discourse.linuxserver.io/t/un-deprecate-nzbget-or-start-a-new-one) but it doesn't look good, at least until Paul can get ramped up on development.

Thank you for trying.  I understand their requirements.   It doesn't change that I prefer NZBGet, and I'll continue to use it for as long as I possibly can.  

• 7 months later...