[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

figure I would try here as well as NZBGet and my newshosting sites.

for about 3 weeks now, I will download files and the video cuts out after about 30 minutes. NZBGet is showing the file fully downloads and uncompresses, but the uncompressed file is smaller than it should be. Watching the video in any player cuts out at the same point. So first thought was ovbiously the file/host but if I regrab the same file it gives all the same results (aka 100% download), but thee second or third time it is now the correct size and everything works fully.

This was happening a solid 5-6 times a week and a week ago I thought it went away (despite it not mattering, or shouldn't, I saw my docker image was almost full so I recreated it and the issue seemed to go away for a week. It happened again yesterday.

These files are coming from different sites and the files are verified working (2nd, 3rd or 4th time is the charm).

Any ideas would be appreciated, I have no idea what is going on.

for about 3 weeks now, I will download files and the video cuts out after about 30 minutes. NZBGet is showing the file fully downloads and uncompresses, but the uncompressed file is smaller than it should be. Watching the video in any player cuts out at the same point. So first thought was ovbiously the file/host but if I regrab the same file it gives all the same results (aka 100% download), but thee second or third time it is now the correct size and everything works fully.

This was happening a solid 5-6 times a week and a week ago I thought it went away (despite it not mattering, or shouldn't, I saw my docker image was almost full so I recreated it and the issue seemed to go away for a week. It happened again yesterday.

These files are coming from different sites and the files are verified working (2nd, 3rd or 4th time is the charm).

Do you use Sonarr?  If so are you using Drone Factory or Completed Download Handling for the file renaming?

I was having the same issue and for a long time I also thought it was NzbGet.  I switched from using the Drone Factory to Completed Download Handling and I have not had this issue anymore.

Some of the files processed through NZBGet have restricted permissions, and I am not sure how to fix it.  I think it may be just the files that are unpacked / unRared, as it happens to the large files but not, for example, an nfo file.  I have umask set to 000 and Daemonusername set to root.  I also tried running the new permissions tool, but that does not fix the issue prospectively, it just fixes files retroactively.

Do you use Sonarr?  If so are you using Drone Factory or Completed Download Handling for the file renaming?

I was having the same issue and for a long time I also thought it was NzbGet.  I switched from using the Drone Factory to Completed Download Handling and I have not had this issue anymore.

Thanks eroz, I changed that setting, hopefully it helps.

So question to dev group, did you update any version of the base image in the last month or so? Apparently this is an issue with the version of Mono?

https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/nzb-drone-post-processor-end-of-file-gets-cut-off-when-moving-across-network/963/27

I am just wondering because it worked fine for X number of months and then just started doing this out of the blue.

Well it's definitely not an NZBget issue as that doesn't use mono.  Reading the link you posted it seems to be related to copying to a CIFS share and is a problem with the OS implementation of this.  I can't quite see how this ties in with a typical Unraid setup which to all intents and purposes  uses local folders rather than network shares as far as containers are concerned.  Is there anything special about your setup? 

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I started experiencing a strange issue today, i had a script i needed to update in my /config share and i saved it forcing the app to restart. Now i can only access nzbget from my reverse proxy and can't through the IP address of my unraid machine to the same port. I didn't see anything of substance in the logs, any ideas where i can start looking for a root cause?

I'd probably remove the container and reinstall to start, preserving your appdata.  Also try clearing your browser cache/cookies or use a different browser.  If that fails try a reboot and remove then reinstall the container again.

I'd probably remove the container and reinstall to start, preserving your appdata.  Also try clearing your browser cache/cookies or use a different browser.  If that fails try a reboot and remove then reinstall the container again.

Thanks for the quick response!

I tried deleting the container and reinstalling but they didn't change anything. I tried firefox instead of chrome and am still having the same issue. I'll try restarting the PC later and if it still fails i'll do the reboot and then remove/reinstall the container again.

Thanks for the quick response!

I tried deleting the container and reinstalling but they didn't change anything. I tried firefox instead of chrome and am still having the same issue. I'll try restarting the PC later and if it still fails i'll do the reboot and then remove/reinstall the container again.

This is working now after a restart of the server, thanks!

Well it's definitely not an NZBget issue as that doesn't use mono.  Reading the link you posted it seems to be related to copying to a CIFS share and is a problem with the OS implementation of this.  I can't quite see how this ties in with a typical Unraid setup which to all intents and purposes  uses local folders rather than network shares as far as containers are concerned.  Is there anything special about your setup? 

Nothing that I know of, I download and extract on my cache and push to my share. It started a few weeks ago and since turning off drone factory it hasn't happened again (albeit only a week of testing)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried changing some settings and nzbget wouldn't come back up. I just get

Thu Apr 28 02:25:54 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:56 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:58 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:26:00 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:43 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:46 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:48 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:50 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode

Into infinity. I've tried renaming the config file, renaming the folder, restarting the image, stopping and starting the image, deleting and re-downloading the image. All yield the same result. Any ideas?

I tried changing some settings and nzbget wouldn't come back up. I just get

Thu Apr 28 02:25:54 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:56 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:58 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:26:00 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:43 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:46 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:48 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Apr 28 02:25:50 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode

Into infinity. I've tried renaming the config file, renaming the folder, restarting the image, stopping and starting the image, deleting and re-downloading the image. All yield the same result. Any ideas?

Sounds like you've tried everything but a delete of the container and a restart of the server. I had a different issue several weeks ago and I tried everything you did as well and deleteing the container, restarting, and adding the container back was the only solution that worked for me.

Just ran into this same problem... looks like unrar isn't installed in this latest build.  Temporary fix is to install it yourself.

sudo docker exec -i -t 665b4a1e17b6 /bin/bash   #replace 665b4a1e17b6 with your own docker ID for NZBGet
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unrar

Just ran into this same problem... looks like unrar isn't installed in this latest build.  Temporary fix is to install it yourself.

sudo docker exec -i -t 665b4a1e17b6 /bin/bash   #replace 665b4a1e17b6 with your own docker ID for NZBGet
sudo apt-get update

I am getting the following error on all downloads after update,

Unrar: Could not start unrar: No such file or directory

Ideas?

Same error here since today's nzbget docker container update.

EDIT:  It appears unrar and 7za are in the /app directory. An alternate temporary solution is to change Settings -> unpack -> UnrarCmd to /app/unrar and SevenZipCmd to /app/7za

sudo apt-get update

Ideas?

EDIT:  It appears unrar and 7za are in the /app directory. An alternate temporary solution is to change Settings -> unpack -> UnrarCmd to /app/unrar and SevenZipCmd to /app/7za

I shall investigate.

sudo apt-get update

Ideas?

I shall investigate.

I'm having the same issue. Like the above user putting ${AppDir}/unrar fixes the issue

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any new news regarding adding FFMPEG & 7zip to your docker.

I don't think we have any imminent plans for this but if you want to set it up your self then here's a pointer.

• Add a variable called ADVANCED_SCRIPT = true
  • Create a file called userscript.sh in config
  • Use that file to install whatever you want,for example, sudo apt-get install nodejs

DISCLAIMER: This is an unsupported feature and we won't be supporting the container in any way if you choose to use this option.  If you have problems, you're on your own.  Including problems that you may think are nothing to do with the ADVANCED_SCRIPT.

Regarding NZBget and SABNZB what are the Pros and Cons between the two.

How does portmapping work and how should it be setup?

I now use PHAZEs plugin of SABNZB and have several Categories setup.

Can I use something similar in NZBget?

My guess is that NZBGet also has a watched folder, download folder etc. How do I setup folder mappings to these.

Or can I point it to /mnt?