[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

Hey i am new in nzbget, i have used sabnzbd all the time.

But i am now trying to move to nzbget that i have problems with sabnzbd.

I have it all up and running, but i keep getting an error when i paste in the rss feed from my index site.

i get this error: Error parsing rss feed: Unsupported encoding windows-1251

anyone knows what wrong? and maybe know how i can fix it?

Sounds like a question for NZBGet support rather than for this docker. Have you tried searching or asking there?

I have it all up and running, but i keep getting an error when i paste in the rss feed from my index site.

Sounds like a question for NZBGet support rather than for this docker. Have you tried searching or asking there?

Agreed.

I have searched but not found anything. But i will try asking there. :)

If dockers are communicating with one another then it makes it an awful lot easier if they're both referring to the same place....

So, i did it right then? heh

Couldn't have got it more wrong lol

/downloads = /mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget

is not the same as

/downloads = /mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed

nzbget says to sonarr "Oh hey, have a look in /downloads!"

sonarr replies "I can't see anything in /downloads!"

Yes I saw it.

Just trust me on this, I know a thing or two about docker container setup.

You have two different mount points for /downloads

Nzbget, "Hey Sonarr, I put something in /downloads/completed" (/mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed)"

Sonarr "I can't see a damn thing in /downloads/completed you idiot" (/mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed/completed)

How odd.

It's not odd at all, you just haven't "got it" yet.  Biggest problem with dockers is picking up folder mapping.  I've had this conversation multiple times....  ;)

INSIDE the container there is no /mnt/cache/whatever just /downloads

Once containers have different versions of /downloads it gets very confusing when they start to talk to one another.

Take the example above and change it to what I've been telling you to do, ie make /downloads = /mnt/cache/downloads for BOTH containers

Nzbget, "Hey Sonarr, I put something in /downloads/completed" (/mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed)

Sonarr "Oh yeah, I can see it" (/mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed)

If you don't understand then you don't really understand volume mappings.

If you understand volume mappings then you will be able to figure out what to do with other dockers.

If you don't understand volume mappings then you will always be asking someone else how to do it.

And there will often be others who don't understand either willing to "help" you.

OK now im confused ..

/mnt/cache/downloads for BOTH containers

Nzbget, "Hey Sonarr, I put something in /downloads/completed" (/mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed)

Sonarr "Oh yeah, I can see it" (/mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed)

/mnt/cache/downloads is now /mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed  :o

You've configured nzbget via it's webui to put things in

$MainDir = /downloads  (Which I suggest mapping to /mnt/cache/downloads) therefore if

DestDir = $MainDir/completed which is /downloads/completed

Given that read the statement again.

I think i will stick with /mnt/user/downloads/nzbget/ for both sonarr and nzbget. I wont be doing anything other than TV shows. Maybe a random torrent or 2 not tied into sonarr (/mnt/user/downloads/torrents/).

Thank you for your help :)

Why ask for advice then ignore it?  ::)

all i asked was if the folders need to be the same.. answer was yes.. advice taken and used.  ::) ::)

Personally I would drop the /nzbget from the downloads mapping

/downloads = /mnt/cache/downloads for all containers every time...

If you need to define subfolders then do so within the app itself.

Like I said, trust me, I know this stuff...  ;)

That is indeed advice .. but none that i asked for. Even if i had.. i am allowed to make my own decisions lol.

I don't see what the problem is. This server will only ever be running sonarr and deluge (deluge will likely never get used and will not be tied into sonarr). They will have separate dl folders .. OH NOSSSSSSSSS!!

Thanks again for your help :)

That is indeed advice .. but none that i asked for. Even if i had.. i am allowed to make my own decisions lol.

I don't see what the problem is. This server will only ever be running sonarr and deluge (deluge will likely never get used and will not be tied into sonarr). They will have separate dl folders .. OH NOSSSSSSSSS!!

Thanks again for your help :)

I was trying to help you set up containers in a way that will stand you in good stead for any further things you wish to configure, and explain key principles which are fundamental to using docker.  I don't appreciate the sarcasm, I've spent a significant part of my free time trying to help you, as we spend a LOT of free time making these containers and maintaining things.

Just as you have the right to choose whatever damn download folder you wish, I have every right to choose in the future whether I help or not.  I don't think I need to state what I will choose to do.