[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

I have thanked you for your help multiple times.  I didn't appreciate the elitism. Thanks for spending a LOT of free time making these containers and maintaining things.

do as you wish :D

It's not elitism....  I'm not dignifying that with any further response.

I suspect I ultimately will have the last laugh.....

You're more likely to need help from me/linuxserver than the other way around...

But at the end of the day that's your choice.

The real irony is I'm one of the more helpful members on the board as are Squid and trurl, I don't get why you want to try and antagonise someone who ultimately has been trying to help you.  It's not conducive to the board in general, doesn't create a good impression for someone who's fairly new to the community and trying to get things setup right and may well need more help in the future. ???

You're more likely to need help from me/linuxserver than the other way around...

The real irony is I'm one of the more helpful members on the board as are Squid and trurl, I don't get why you want to try and antagonise someone who ultimately has been trying to help you.  It's not conducive to the board in general, doesn't create a good impression for someone who's fairly new to the community and trying to get things setup right and may well need more help in the future. ???

Am i off ignore? lol.. no sense in typing an actual reply if i am.

;)

:)

@superderpbro

While I appreciate your right to an opinion (however much I disagree with it - as well as your attitude to towards my friend who was just trying to help you) what I don't appreciate is you spamming the thread..

I (like many others) have this thread on "notify" so I can help those with issues (if it's in my ability to do so). Receiving that notification and taking the time to open up the thread to read / respond only to see 1 emoticon is ..... frustrating.

Receiving that notification and taking the time to open up the thread to read / respond only to see 1 emoticon is ..... frustrating.

:P  (Couldn't resist)

ROFL!

;)

:)

@superderpbro

While I appreciate your right to an opinion (however much I disagree with it - as well as your attitude to towards my friend who was just trying to help you) what I don't appreciate is you spamming the thread..

I (like many others) have this thread on "notify" so I can help those with issues (if it's in my ability to do so). Receiving that notification and taking the time to open up the thread to read / respond only to see 1 emoticon is ..... frustrating.

My apologys danioj.

Hope this message wasn't 'spam'

• 3 weeks later...

Weirdo problem - all of a sudden everything downloading is being given the user/nobody permissions.

What's the best way to correct this - is it in-app or in the docker config?

Thanks!

Not a weird problem at all.  It's expected when you run as PUID 99 PGUID 100.

nobody:users is the default way to set files on Unraid.  The readme links on the first post explain how to set them, but it sounds more to me an issue with the Windows Unraid smb interaction rather than a problem with how you have the container setup tbh.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

nobody:groups is the default way to set files on Unraid.  The readme links on the first post explain how to set them, but it sounds more to me an issue with the Windows Unraid smb interaction rather than a problem with how you have the container setup tbh.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ok I'll poke around with that a bit then.

Thank you for the clarification.

One other thing, have you checked the umask info on the first post?

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest, what kind of load average do people get unpacking downloads? I am trying to diagnose an issue because it seems like there is such a load on the file system other things are being held up.

Never really paid any attention to the load average, but if you've got an issue with other apps being held up because of this, you should read this FAQ entry

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg492111#msg492111

I set up NZBGet some time ago on one news server. Now, I am trying to add another and when I try to save, I get the following "Could not save configuration in /config/nzbget.conf.........Please check file permissions". I've checked permissions, and all "appdata" shares show as Public.

However, this brings me to another question! I seem to have two "appdata" folders. I have one at /mnt/cache/appdata and another at /mnt/user/appdata. The latter is a user share and is currently configured to be Cache-Only. Previously, I had it set to the rotating harddrive array. Which is the best method for the appdata folder....direct cache or the user cache?

However, this brings me to another question! I seem to have two "appdata" folders. I have one at /mnt/cache/appdata and another at /mnt/user/appdata. The latter is a user share and is currently configured to be Cache-Only. Previously, I had it set to the rotating harddrive array. Which is the best method for the appdata folder....direct cache or the user cache?

/mnt/user/appdata encompasses /mnt/cache/appdata

When setting the mapping on the template, either will work just fine as long as you are running 6.2+.  For 6.1.x you need to use /mnt/cache/appdata

My understanding is that lsio redoes the permissions on the appdata folders with every restart of the app, so you might have other issues happening.  My be wise to post the docker's log, and the diagnostics to be safe.