[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

@trurl - Thanks! I am still a bit confused as I thought I had LL to use /books in the docker which points to /mnt/user/Books? And /mnt/user/Books does exist?

I do not see how LL is getting "Books" as it should be using "books" internally? See my screenshot a few posts ago? I attach it here as well. 

Mylar is working fine (and is in the screenshot too) and I do the same thing there. The docker has a directory called /comics while the "real" directory is /mnt/user/Books.

I also do this for Sonarr and CouchPotato....

But I may be (and am likely) wrong on this? Thanks!!

Clipboard01.thumb.gif.dadad92dac89f5cc87a933f786456de1.gif

Edited by TexasDave
1 hour ago, TexasDave said:

@trurl - Thanks! I am still a bit confused as I thought I had LL to use /books in the docker which points to /mnt/user/Books? And /mnt/user/Books does exist?

I do not see how LL is getting "Books" as it should be using "books" internally? See my screenshot a few posts ago? I attach it here as well. 

Since I don't use this application I have no way of knowing how it is getting Books. The application itself doesn't actually know anything about volume mappings. Indeed, it doesn't even know that it is running in a docker.

I had already seen your docker mappings and that is why I said

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Looks like you have configured it within the application to use the folder /Books, but your docker has it mapped to /books.

What you haven't shown us is anything from the application itself that tells it what folder to use. The log seems to indicate it is using /Books instead of /books.

@trurl - many thanks! I went back through everything and now it works. There were two issues: 

• LazyLibrarian wants to be pointed at the "completed" directory for NZBGet. (Same with Mylar). This is not the same as Sonarr or CP. I confirmed this on the Github issue page.
  • I then DID have a typo in my Mylar settings. You were right, :-) I accidently had it as "Books". I had it right in the unRAID page but made a typo in the app settings. I find it a bit weird that LL (and Mylar) ask for this (again) when the Docker specifies it? But in the end, it was a typo by me. 

@CHBMB - One of the unRAID "elders" advised me to do the /mnt <--> /mnt/ mapping while debugging another issue. 

So I am sorted. I am going to update the above in LinuxServer forums and in GitHub just in case....As usual - thanks to everyone!!

Edited by TexasDave
1 minute ago, TexasDave said:

I find it a bit weird that LL (and Mylar) ask for this (again) when the Docker specifies it?

Sounds like you don't really "get" dockers. As I said

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

The application itself doesn't actually know anything about volume mappings. Indeed, it doesn't even know that it is running in a docker.

The application has no way of knowing anything about how the docker container it is living in is configured.

3 minutes ago, TexasDave said:

One of the unRAID "elders" advised me to do the /mnt <--> /mnt/ mapping while debugging another issue.

That is just a cheap and easy (and insecure) way of getting things figured out. It shouldn't be considered a permanent solution. You have basically given those docker applications complete access to all of your files, even the files that it doesn't need to work with. And it makes it easier for you to misconfigure one of the applications so it does something to some file or folder that it shouldn't have access to.

I will delete the /mnt <--> /mnt/ stuff. Someone told me it was a "best practice". Apparently it is not. :-)

And you are right, I am still getting my head around dockers. I think I mostly "get" it (but am still learning).

I guess what I got / get confused about is that when I configure things in the "Docker Page" in unRAID (like where to store your books) I thought that every place LL used "/books" it was actually using "/mnt/user/Books".  Kind of like a #define in my old, old, old life as a C coder. I guess not. 

I think part of the issue was my typo as well. I thought the log was somehow saying that "Books" did not exist not realizing I had a typo.

Anyways - it is sorted as usual thanks to help from the community. Many thanks again!

19 minutes ago, TexasDave said:

I thought that every place LL used "/books" it was actually using "/mnt/user/Books".  Kind of like a #define in my old, old, old life as a C coder. I guess not.

The mapping happens at the level of the docker engine. The docker container has the mapping between container volumes and host volumes. The application living inside the container only knows about things inside the container, such as the container volume. It doesn't know anything at all about the host volume, or even that it exists.

46 minutes ago, TexasDave said:

Kind of like a #define in my old, old, old life as a C coder.

Maybe a better C analogy would be like you passed a pointer in a function call.

int function f(int *b)
{
  return *b + 2;
}
main()
{
  int a = 3;
  a = f(*a);
}

main doesn't know anything named b, f doesn't know anything named a.

unRAID doesn't know anything named /books, LL doesn't know anything named /mnt/user/Books.

• 2 weeks later...

Linuxserver.io team, thank you for so diligently maintaining and improving your docker containers!  Great stuff!

I've written a nzb post-processing script to trigger your beets container after a successful music download.  With beets configured to notify Plex I finally have fully automated music downloads!  The script triggers a beets import via ssh command which is sent to a beets docker container's host system. The ssh command can be authenticated via password or ssh key with an optional paraphrase.  Any chance of adding openssh-client to your nzbget container?

https://github.com/danofun/beets-nzbget-script

Edited by danofun
5 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I think you need to give us more details.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

When items complete the download, they are automatically get 'hidden' from history and therefore lose the necessary information related to the download for applications like Sonarr to pick up the details about the download and its completion.

The NZB gets downloaded and appears in history, then within minutes it gets automatically deleted (hidden).

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

It'll be a setting somewhere in nzbget or sonarr.  Carefully go through the settings and I'm sure you'll find it, don't forget to switch on advanced in Sonarr

Nothing. Neither in Sonarr nor in NZBGet, nothing related to moving items to historical automatically.

edit: Resolved. I noticed there was a subdirectory from nzb in my tv downloads folder and the whole download directory structure was a mess (despite being only 3 apps). After reading around the forum and discovering the best practice is to map apps to a common downloads location on the cache, I reinstalled nzbget and now the appdata folder for it only contains the conf. Downloads are being mapped to /mnt/cache/downloads. This resolved the extraction issues I was having! Very easy when it's simple. thanks

Hi,

I installed a cache drive on Unraid and did a fresh docker install with nzbget and sonarr from linuxserver.

I changed the umask to 000 as stated in the first post but I haven't been able to download anything successfully yet on nzbget.

Here are some of the error messages I am getting:

error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:37	Unpack for Fargo.S03E01.The.Law.of.Vacant.Places.720p.FX.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-monkee-Obfuscated failed.
error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:04	Could not delete temporary directory /mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget/downloads/tv/Fargo.S03E01.The.Law.of.Vacant.Places.720p.FX.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-monkee-Obfuscated/_unpack: No such file or directory
error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:04	Unrar error code: 10
error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:04	Could not create directory /mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget/downloads/tv/Fargo.S03E01.The.Law.of.Vacant.Places.720p.FX.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-monkee-Obfuscated/_unpack: could not create directory /mnt/user: Permission denied

I have tried over 15+ different files and each one had similar results.

I created a download folder in Nzbget to map to downloads:

/downloads  ->  /mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget/downloads

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   108 Apr 25 12:48 downloads/
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 63656 Apr 26 13:36 nzbget.conf
root@Tower:/mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget# 

Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by settings
resolved - updated
1 hour ago, settings said:

Hi,

I installed a cache drive on Unraid and did a fresh docker install with nzbget and sonarr from linuxserver.

I changed the umask to 000 as stated in the first post but I haven't been able to download anything successfully yet on nzbget.

Here are some of the error messages I am getting:

error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:37	Unpack for Fargo.S03E01.The.Law.of.Vacant.Places.720p.FX.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-monkee-Obfuscated failed.
error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:04	Could not delete temporary directory /mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget/downloads/tv/Fargo.S03E01.The.Law.of.Vacant.Places.720p.FX.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-monkee-Obfuscated/_unpack: No such file or directory
error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:04	Unrar error code: 10
error	Wed Apr 26 2017 14:08:04	Could not create directory /mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget/downloads/tv/Fargo.S03E01.The.Law.of.Vacant.Places.720p.FX.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-monkee-Obfuscated/_unpack: could not create directory /mnt/user: Permission denied

I have tried over 15+ different files and each one had similar results.

I created a download folder in Nzbget to map to downloads:

/downloads  ->  /mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget/downloads

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   108 Apr 25 12:48 downloads/
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 63656 Apr 26 13:36 nzbget.conf
root@Tower:/mnt/user/appdata/Nzbget# 

Any ideas? Thanks

Why is the application referring to a path in /mnt/user? You must have something wrong with the way you have configured the application.

Do you have any other working dockers?

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Why is the application referring to a path in /mnt/user? You must have something wrong with the way you have configured the application.

Do you have any other working dockers?

Hi trurl, thanks alot for taking the time to reply. I just edited my post to say the issue was resolved. It was indeed poor configuration on my part. I followed the recommendatons made in earlier post for my folder structure and it fixed my problem. I read on another forum that an error 10 on nzbget is related to directory structure.

I know this is offtopic but I made an appdata share on my cache in the unraid UI for my app configs. Maybe this should have been made directly onto the cache (/mnt/cache/appdata)?

Thanks for your feedback.

2 minutes ago, settings said:

I know this is offtopic but I made an appdata share on my cache in the unraid UI for my app configs. Maybe this should have been made directly onto the cache (/mnt/cache/appdata)?

This should be fine. You should make the appdata share cache-prefer and it will be just like the appdata share created for new installs.