[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted this on /r/unraid but I figure I might try and get some help here too. 

I need some helping figuring out how to stop NZBGet from making my server completely unresponsive when it is working. I can't load unRAID's GUI nor can I access any docker containers when it is downloading. Shortly after a download is initiated, the cpu usage spikes to 100% and I am locked out until NZBGet completes its tasks. I've tried restricting NZBGet to 4Gb of memory and 1 of the 4 cores via --cpuset-cpus=0 --memory=4G. According to "docker stats" the memory is restricted correctly, but it still utilized all 4 of the available cores. Does anybody have an idea how to stop this issue?

Also, NZBGet downloads and unpacks to the cache SSD drive and not the array.

M/B: ASRock - H97M-ITX/ac CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

5 hours ago, osker246 said:

I posted this on /r/unraid but I figure I might try and get some help here too. 

I need some helping figuring out how to stop NZBGet from making my server completely unresponsive when it is working. I can't load unRAID's GUI nor can I access any docker containers when it is downloading. Shortly after a download is initiated, the cpu usage spikes to 100% and I am locked out until NZBGet completes its tasks. I've tried restricting NZBGet to 4Gb of memory and 1 of the 4 cores via --cpuset-cpus=0 --memory=4G. According to "docker stats" the memory is restricted correctly, but it still utilized all 4 of the available cores. Does anybody have an idea how to stop this issue?

Also, NZBGet downloads and unpacks to the cache SSD drive and not the array.

M/B: ASRock - H97M-ITX/ac CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

I haven't used cpu pinning for dockers, but there should be some info in the docker faq. Looks wrong with the s at the end of cpu though. 

If it's unpacking to the cache drive, you have your volume mapping or share settings wrong. You need to post your docker run command and post a screenshot of the share settings for the shares you use. 

8 hours ago, osker246 said:

ccording to "docker stats" the memory is restricted correctly, but it still utilized all 4 of the available cores

Docker stats does not display the core(s) the container is able to run on.  If you are looking at the CPU%, then the percentage on a 4 core system goes from 0 up to 400%.

Best way to see core usage is either through the NetData app, or cAdvisor app

2 hours ago, saarg said:

Looks wrong with the s at the end of cpu though

The s is correct

5 hours ago, Squid said:

Docker stats does not display the core(s) the container is able to run on.  If you are looking at the CPU%, then the percentage on a 4 core system goes from 0 up to 400%.

Best way to see core usage is either through the NetData app, or cAdvisor app

The s is correct

I blame a few of these for my mistake... 

1529669633481.jpg

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Stella Artois, colloquially known as wife beater in the UK, due to the effect it has on some of the less respectable members of the population who drink it to excess.......

Good thing I didn't drink too much then, as my better half would have beaten me senseless if I tried beating here.... ?

15 hours ago, saarg said:

If it's unpacking to the cache drive, you have your volume mapping or share settings wrong. You need to post your docker run command and post a screenshot of the share settings for the shares you use. 

Here is my volume mappings and download shares. I'm not quite sure where or what the the docker run command is. Care to elaborate where I can find this information?

I should also say that I did a reinstall on the unRAID OS, wiped the cache drive, and did a fresh install of all containers and plugins and the issue is still persisting. 

Container paths.JPG

download share.JPG

How to find the docker run command is in my signature. You need to turn those on in your control panel if you don't see them. 

But I see that you have set the share to only use the cache drive and also the path in the container template is set to /mnt/cache. 

If you want the files to be on the array, you need to change the share to either cache: yes or cache: no. 

Set it to yes if you want it to download to the cache first and then moved to the array by the mover. 

Set it to no if you want the files downloaded to the array. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody else is seeing this/has any suggestions:
Basically, NZBget is working perfectly, happily downloading and process files UNTIL mover starts.  As soon as mover starts, it throws error after error like this: [ERROR] Could not create file /downloads/tmp/nzb-24.tmp

As soon as mover stops, the errors stop and all is well.  I can't restart or do anything with the container during the mover operation.  

I've got it mapped like this:
/downloads /mnt/cache/downloadsfolder

/config /mnt/user/appdata/nzbget

Any ideas?

thank you!

1 hour ago, mbezzo said:

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody else is seeing this/has any suggestions:
Basically, NZBget is working perfectly, happily downloading and process files UNTIL mover starts.  As soon as mover starts, it throws error after error like this: [ERROR] Could not create file /downloads/tmp/nzb-24.tmp

As soon as mover stops, the errors stop and all is well.  I can't restart or do anything with the container during the mover operation.  

I've got it mapped like this:
/downloads /mnt/cache/downloadsfolder

/config /mnt/user/appdata/nzbget

Any ideas?

thank you!

What is  the Use cache setting for your User Share named downloadsfolder?

I'm new (Very) to unRAID and just had a thought.  If cached is off for the downloadsshare, but I point the container to /mnt/cache/downloadsfolder - that would still be writing to the cached SSD's, right? 

I think this concept is what's confusing me...  If I had caching ON and pointed to /mnt/user/downloadsfolder - that'd be effectively the same as caching off, but then pointing to /mnt/cache/downloadsfolder?

Appreciate the help!

On 7/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, mbezzo said:

I'm new (Very) to unRAID and just had a thought.  If cached is off for the downloadsshare, but I point the container to /mnt/cache/downloadsfolder - that would still be writing to the cached SSD's, right? 

I think this concept is what's confusing me...  If I had caching ON and pointed to /mnt/user/downloadsfolder - that'd be effectively the same as caching off, but then pointing to /mnt/cache/downloadsfolder?

Appreciate the help!

The good thing is you dont need to understand it to use it. Just add shares for everything youll add, make the correct cache settings like u want, and point it to /mnt/user/sharename ...