[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

On 6/13/2020 at 8:50 AM, Merson said:

Unlikely to happen: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nzbget/issues/104
Putting my broken scripts into a 2to3 converter worked for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

For now I managed to get python2 to automatically re-install using the following procedure:

--

1) Create custom init.d script for the docker container:

/config/custom-cont-init.d/python2.sh

2) Add content:

#!/bin/bash

echo "**** installing python2 ****"
apk add --no-cache python2

3) chmod it:

chmod +x /config/custom-cont-init.d/python2.sh

--

Reference:

https://blog.linuxserver.io/2019/09/14/customizing-our-containers/

Cheers.

• Like 1

I have had NZBGET running well for a long time now.  I have like 8 servers to feed it and normally don't have any problems.  I have noticed recently though many of my downloads are stuck with like 1MB left to download.  The only error I get is "[ERROR] Could not read from TLS-Socket: Connection closed by remote host".  My servers all are up and working.  Any help would be awesome!

35 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

I have had NZBGET running well for a long time now.  I have like 8 servers to feed it and normally don't have any problems.  I have noticed recently though many of my downloads are stuck with like 1MB left to download.  The only error I get is "[ERROR] Could not read from TLS-Socket: Connection closed by remote host".  My servers all are up and working.  Any help would be awesome!

Are you using the latest version? I started getting a lot of failed downloads and servers not being able to connect errors with the latest version. I realized it was caused by them removing python 2 and my scripts were relying on it to run properly.

2 hours ago, Mathervius said:

Are you using the latest version? I started getting a lot of failed downloads and servers not being able to connect errors with the latest version. I realized it was caused by them removing python 2 and my scripts were relying on it to run properly.

I am running version 21 Stable.  It is working like 85% of the time.  Its just a bunch are stuck with a few MBs left.

Edit:  I also tried using Binhex and it has the same problem. 

Edit 2: Also tried the Testing branch and that didn't help.

Edited by sittingmongoose

This is maybe a dumb question, I just can't remember. Is the source code for videosort/VideoSort.py included in this docker image, or is it something that is downloaded and installed separately from the docker image itself? (I installed nzbget a long time ago and several versions of Unraid back, so I honestly can't remember.)

If it's in the image it should be patchable (by running it through the 2to3 script as @Merson suggested, at a minimum). If not, does anyone have a link to wherever the official source is, or else an alternative script written in Python 3?

The reason for my question is that I'm also getting the same "VideoSort: SyntaxError: invalid syntax" failure messages. I tried adding the ".py=whatever" line and that didn't fix it, which makes sense now that I'm thinking about it since there isn't a python2 binary anywhere in the image that could execute the videosort file. From the error message, I'm guessing all that needs to be done is changing the "<>" operators to "!=" (as "<>" was deprecated in python3, and presumably removed in whatever point release the base image was updated to recently).

On 6/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, thither said:

This is maybe a dumb question, I just can't remember. Is the source code for videosort/VideoSort.py included in this docker image, or is it something that is downloaded and installed separately from the docker image itself? (I installed nzbget a long time ago and several versions of Unraid back, so I honestly can't remember.)

If it's in the image it should be patchable (by running it through the 2to3 script as @Merson suggested, at a minimum). If not, does anyone have a link to wherever the official source is, or else an alternative script written in Python 3?

The reason for my question is that I'm also getting the same "VideoSort: SyntaxError: invalid syntax" failure messages. I tried adding the ".py=whatever" line and that didn't fix it, which makes sense now that I'm thinking about it since there isn't a python2 binary anywhere in the image that could execute the videosort file. From the error message, I'm guessing all that needs to be done is changing the "<>" operators to "!=" (as "<>" was deprecated in python3, and presumably removed in whatever point release the base image was updated to recently).

https://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?t=840

On 6/14/2020 at 1:15 PM, ezhik said:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

For now I managed to get python2 to automatically re-install using the following procedure:

--

1) Create custom init.d script for the docker container:

/config/custom-cont-init.d/python2.sh

2) Add content:

#!/bin/bash

echo "**** installing python2 ****"
apk add --no-cache python2

3) chmod it:

chmod +x /config/custom-cont-init.d/python2.sh

--

Reference:

https://blog.linuxserver.io/2019/09/14/customizing-our-containers/

Cheers.

Thank you for this, trying to figure out why my NZBGET got borked.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I got Fake Detector working, but Password Detector is still returning an error. I found version 1.8 of FD, but could not get it working, so I ran it though a 2to3 converter. I also ran Password Detector through the 2to3 converter, but no joy on this one.

19 minutes ago, Slimer said:

OK, I got Fake Detector working, but Password Detector is still returning an error. I found version 1.8 of FD, but could not get it working, so I ran it though a 2to3 converter. I also ran Password Detector through the 2to3 converter, but no joy on this one.

OK, I ran the PD code through a syntax checker and it found a couple of tabs it didn't like, so we're happily PPing again. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

I recently switched from the binhex version to this version due to the unpacking bug.

I believe my path's are setup incorrectly somewhere as files aren't being moved anymore and are "stuck" in the completed folder.

My host path is set to /mnt/user/Downloads/ which I believe is the same as binhex, the only difference ins the MainDir in nzbget settings was /data but in this version it's /downloads.

Any assistance is much appreciated!

nvm was able to fix by adding a new host path with the /downloads container path

Edited by mag1c
  • 3 weeks later...

hi!

i've got NZBget running fine, but its filled up the cache drive [Sonarr had a missticked series and bulk downloaded all back seasons]

my issue is its using the cache drive, downloaded a season, extracted it and all the episodes are rar'ed inside, it hasn't extracted those as run out of space.

my issue is i am RDP on VM to the folder and i cannot delete the folders in intermediate [TV series with rar'ed files of multiple episodes] to clear it, says permission denied.

i can't copy out of it as the cache is now full

i just want to delete the files/folders but NZBGet classes them finished so won't delete the files. any advice on how to get permission to delete the folders would  be appreciated!

26 minutes ago, Jammy B said:

my issue is its using the cache drive, downloaded a season, extracted it and all the episodes are rar'ed inside, it hasn't extracted those as run out of space.

Why the download share should be set to "cache prefer"

27 minutes ago, Jammy B said:

i just want to delete the files/folders but NZBGet classes them finished so won't delete the files. any advice on how to get permission to delete the folders would  be appreciated!

New Permissions Tool.  Run it against the "Download" share only

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2015 at 6:38 AM, linuxserver.io said:

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: NZBGet

Application Site: http://nzbget.net/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nzbget/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nzbget

Permissions Update:- To make downloads more unraid friendly for permissions etc, set the following.

go to settings tab in nzbget and this section

A4VMbwE.png

scroll to bottom, set umask like this.

mIqDEJJ.png

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

I know this is an old post, but I thought this would help someone else.  I spent hours trying to get my router to pickup the custom Br0 ip I was setting for Nordvpn in the Merlin firmware.  I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't show up until I came across the Unmask setting, changed it to 000 and connected instantly to the ip. Never had this issue with any other docker except the NZBget.  That setting needs to be more visible on install.   

On 9/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, b0mb said:

guys my notify script still doesn´t work with the container since it changed to python3

when i try to send a test msg it say that the SIX module is missing

pls any1 know how to fix this?

so adding the following solves the problem 

run apk add py3-chardet && \
    apk add py3-pip && \
    pip uninstall -y apprise && \
    pip install apprise

how can i add that persistent to the container?

Edited by b0mb
forgot somethin
  • 4 weeks later...

This may not be the right place to ask this, but I was wondering if anyone could help figure out me to write a script to automatically sort files that NZBGet downloads via RSS Feeds. I have NZBGet set up to download certain publications in PDF format as they become available, along with other files (e.g. *.nzb). NZBGet places the files in sub-directories named after the file within the ~/Incoming directory, e.g. ~/Incoming/The.Globe-October.2020/The.Globe-October.2020.pdf

What I want to do is create a script that will monitor the ~/Incoming directory and all subdirectories for new PDFs and then move only these new PDFs to specific directories, based on their file names. For example, all PDFs whose names begin with The.Globe should be moved to the directory ~/Publications/The_Globe, while all PDFs that begin with Fish.Times... should be moved to the directory ~/Publications/Fish_Times/. I would then like to remove any leftover files (e.g. *.nzb) and the remaining directories in ~Incoming.

I believe that I can either use inotifywait to monitory the ~/Incoming directory or just run the script periodically via the UserScripts plugin. To sort the PDFs I think I will need to use shell's case statement, but I'm not sure exactly how to write the script correct. This is what I have so far (it's probably incorrect, just a start...):

#!/bin/bash

INPUT=~/Incoming
OUTPUT=~/Publications

CD $INPUT
  find . -type f | while IFS= read filename; do
    case "${filename,,*}" in 
      *.nzb) : ;; # Exclude *.nzb files from being moved 
      The.Globe*)  mv "$filename" "$OUTPUT/The_Globe/" ;;
      Fish.Times*) mv "$filename" "$OUTPUT/Fish_Times/" ;;
    esac
  rm -R $INPUT/* # Remove remainging files and sub-directories 
  done

Any suggestions for how to best/correctly sort the PDFs, monitor the directory (whether with inotify wait or just by periodically running the sort script via UserScripts), and remove the remaining directories and left over files? Thanks!

Edited by xthursdayx
On 10/23/2015 at 5:38 AM, linuxserver.io said:

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

UnRaid version 6.8.3

Woke up this morning to a corrupt docker image file.  Deleted it and restarted docker, then reinstalled my apps and all good to go except for one.

binhex-nzbget docker refuses to start - when trying to manually start it I get a pop-up that says "Execution Error - Server Error"

Log file shows the following

Oct 9 11:00:01 gurley speedtest: Internet bandwidth test started
Oct 9 11:00:16 gurley speedtest: Host: Sparklight (Dallas, TX) [28.07 km]
Oct 9 11:00:16 gurley speedtest: Ping (Lowest): 11.267 ms | Download (Max): 502.76 Mbit/s | Upload (Max): 159.67 Mbit/s
Oct 9 11:00:16 gurley speedtest: Internet bandwidth test completed
Oct 9 11:00:32 gurley crond[1976]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/local/sbin/mover &> /dev/null
Oct 9 11:06:46 gurley kernel: docker0: port 5(vethe9cf8bb) entered blocking state
Oct 9 11:06:46 gurley kernel: docker0: port 5(vethe9cf8bb) entered disabled state
Oct 9 11:06:46 gurley kernel: device vethe9cf8bb entered promiscuous mode
Oct 9 11:06:46 gurley kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): vethe9cf8bb: link is not ready
Oct 9 11:06:46 gurley kernel: docker0: port 5(vethe9cf8bb) entered blocking state
Oct 9 11:06:46 gurley kernel: docker0: port 5(vethe9cf8bb) entered forwarding state
Oct 9 11:06:46 gurley kernel: docker0: port 5(vethe9cf8bb) entered disabled state
Oct 9 11:06:47 gurley kernel: docker0: port 5(vethe9cf8bb) entered disabled state
Oct 9 11:06:47 gurley kernel: device vethe9cf8bb left promiscuous mode
Oct 9 11:06:47 gurley kernel: docker0: port 5(vethe9cf8bb) entered disabled state

The log file for the container itself is blank.

I have rebooted the machine, as well as removing the container and reinstalling.  What are my next steps?

PS I clicked on the Support link and it brought me to this forum.  Let me know if I need to find a different forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I need help figuring out a permissions problem. At some point, NZBGet started applying incorrect permissions when downloading content. I only noticed because I was trying update tag data in some audio files from my Windows PC. I double checked unmask settings under security and it set to 000.

So 2 questions:

1 how to fix so future downloads have all permissions in place so that I can edit from my Windows PC.

2. How can I fix current file permissions easily without fixing each file/fold individually?

Thanks for the help!

Capture.PNG