Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

399 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Is your issue specific to VideoSort or Post Processing scripts in general? For the container to load the scripts your ScriptDir property (found under Settings > Paths) needs to be set to the location the scripts reside. For example my ScriptDir is set to /config/ppscripts which translates to /mnt/user/appdata/nzbget/ppscripts

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, bigsing said:

Is your issue specific to VideoSort or Post Processing scripts in general? For the container to load the scripts your ScriptDir property (found under Settings > Paths) needs to be set to the location the scripts reside. For example my ScriptDir is set to /config/ppscripts which translates to /mnt/user/appdata/nzbget/ppscripts

it was the first thing I saw, all I want is the file to be named something more like the folder

right now 

${MainDir}/scripts

is my script folder, 

 

looks like I got a few other things to sort out

all mt paths are in a share called Downloads. cache drive only. binhex /data points to this directory but sonarr/radarr can't find it.

 

but it is late and I am tired

Edited by anylettuce

Share this post


Link to post

Been having with domain name resolution, and it not connecting to anything. Not sure if anyone else has been having this issue, however the /etc/resolv.conf had a dns ip of 127.0.0.11, if you vi into it, you can change it. Hopefully this helps someone!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm at a loss with NZBGet and need some guidance. I've done quite a bit of searching/reading but can't seem to figure out what my problem is. I found a few things along the way but none of them fixed my issue.

 

Background: I recently deleted my flash drive by accident and had to re-setup my server. I'm now running 6.6.5. I have all my docker containers installed on a non-array drive. I used to mount this drive via some code in my go script but as part of the rebuild process I switched to the UD plugin. I am reusing the container I had previously so the NZBGet config file has not changed. All that has changed is the docker path mappings because the path has changed since I moved to UD. I did adjust to RW/slave settings for the folders that are on the drive mounted by UD as specified in the UD thread.

 

My problem: NZBGet is running and I can connect to the webgui. There is a nzb in the queue that says it is downloading but no progress is being made and the download speed is listed as "0 KB/s". I deleted the nzb and then re-added it to the queue and no change. I added a second nzb to the queue and tried to download it and same behavior. I've checked all the container mappings a ton of times and I cannot find anything out of order. I'm not sure where to look. I've included some screenshots of my docker mappings. I had a NZBGet working just fine and all I (think) that I've done is just change the name of the drive and the mounting process for the drive containing the docker image. This leads me to believe I have something messed up in the configuration of the docker container but I could certainly be wrong. Hopefully someone can help me get this sorted out. 

 

image.thumb.png.d22b2e1b623d4c07c288ba00cc8a42bb.png

 

image.thumb.png.22295cdc875cdc1806edda62b6f877d9.png

 

image.thumb.png.efe5f724c158fef6efcd7083fe4c96ab.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, wsume99 said:

I'm at a loss with NZBGet and need some guidance

Those mappings look like they could work, but we would also need to see how the UD is mounted, and what paths the application itself is using.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, trurl said:

Those mappings look like they could work, but we would also need to see how the UD is mounted, and what paths the application itself is using.

 

UD Mount:

image.thumb.png.398f674168c0da007eb112a3907c4525.png

 

First half of paths:

image.thumb.png.a212ac34270e7593aa302069d88fe732.png

 

Second half of paths:

image.thumb.png.55222adaf077e5fcba33c26b5c39a286.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Wait a second, I just read thru the logfile and it's having trouble connecting to the news server. I recently got a new CC and I bet that is the problem. 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post

Really loving your docker. Working perfectly.

 

What is the correct way to send a command to nzbget?

 

I would like to sent some nzbget -R commands to it via script. Like if PC is online throttle, and if not, unlimited.

 

docker exec -it nzbget nzbget -R 1000 ?

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/6/2018 at 7:17 AM, anylettuce said:

it was the first thing I saw, all I want is the file to be named something more like the folder

right now 

${MainDir}/scripts

is my script folder, 

 

looks like I got a few other things to sort out

all mt paths are in a share called Downloads. cache drive only. binhex /data points to this directory but sonarr/radarr can't find it.

 

but it is late and I am tired

maindir is probably your download folder, just btw... ;)

Share this post


Link to post

root@Unraid-Server:~# nzbget -R 1000
-bash: nzbget: command not found
root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec -it nzbget /bin/bash nzbget -R 1000
/bin/bash: nzbget: No such file or directory
root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec -it nzbget /bin/bash nzbget -R 1000
/bin/bash: nzbget: No such file or directory
root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec -it nzbget /bin/sh nzbget -R 1000
/bin/sh: can't open 'nzbget': No such file or directory
root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec -it nzbget /bin/bash /app/nzbget/nzbget -R 1000
/app/nzbget/nzbget: /app/nzbget/nzbget: cannot execute binary file

 

what im doin wrong?

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like the command isn't on the $PATH. I found it though. Here is an example usage that prints out the version:

docker exec NZBGet /app/nzbget/nzbget -v

My docker is named NZBGet so change that bit if yours is different. You don't need the -it to run a single command. It is used to get an "interactive terminal".

 

Also, you can get to a "console" (same as -it) inside the container by simply clicking on its icon and selecting Console. From there you could run multiple commands, such as

cd /app/nzbget
./nzbget -v

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the fast help!

 

I want to run a scruipt from user scripts, so "click on icion" is not a way to go ;)

 

root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec nzbget /app/nzbget/nzbget -R 1000
Request sent
No response or invalid response (timeout, not nzbget-server or wrong nzbget-server version)
root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec nzbget /app/nzbget/nzbget -v
nzbget version: 20.0

root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec nzbget /app/nzbget/nzbget --rate 1000
Request sent
No response or invalid response (timeout, not nzbget-server or wrong nzbget-server version)
root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec nzbget /app/nzbget/nzbget --rate 100
Request sent
No response or invalid response (timeout, not nzbget-server or wrong nzbget-server version)

 

 

-help displays:
 -R, --rate <speed>        Set download rate on server, in KB/s


WTF?

 

edit:

i found out:

nzbget request received on port 6789 from 127.0.0.1, but username or password invalid

 

why the fuggg he want a username/password for direct commands xD

 

edit2: found out, really dumb , theres no way to make it even more complicated.. 

 

root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec nzbget /app/nzbget/nzbget -c /config/nzbget.conf -R 1000
Request sent
server returned: Rate-Command completed successfully

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post

I've had my usenet applications run on a VM for years inside Unraid and it worked fine. I decided this weekend to make it easier by moving all my apps to individual docker images. After pulling down the images, they started up fine for initial configuration. Now that I've got some of them configured - the actual apps (nzbget, hydra2, etc...) don't seem to auto-start when the docker image starts up. Something's preventing the daemon from starting, but i'm not sure what to look at for info.  I'm very new to the docker concept and i can get around Linux structure just fine, but i'm not sure where logs are to diagnose this issue.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

 

TL;DR - docker image starts fine, the app's daemon does not auto start but will manually start fine. Need location of logs to figure out why daemon isn't starting up - not sure where it is. Let's start with Linuxserver.io\nzbget docker image.

 

thanks in advance!

 

 

Update 2019/01/01 - Resolved

@Squid's FAQ was super helpful. I was setting my docker in /mnt/user/appdata with the default container setup wizard. After blowing all of it away and redoing it to /mnt/cache/appdata - the docker did not have any issue. NZBGet daemon started up just fine after boot and so did Hydra2. Took two days, but i now have my nzbget, hydra2, sonarr, radarr, headphones setup and working great!

 

Also, FYI to anyone else - I did try mv /mnt/user/appdata/ to /mnt/cache/  - to move everything to the cache drive and that did not resolve the issue with daemon service inside containers auto-starting. I had to re-install all containers and set them up fresh in the /mnt/cache path.

Edited by koshia
Resolution

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/30/2018 at 6:49 PM, koshia said:

did try mv /mnt/user/appdata/ to /mnt/cache/ 

That command would have trashed the files in the appdata, as you're mixing user shares and disk shares in the same command (Google unRaid user share copy bug - but it's not a bug)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Squid said:

That command would have trashed the files in the appdata, as you're mixing user shares and disk shares in the same command (Google unRaid user share copy bug - but it's not a bug)

What squid said. Don't ever try that again!

 

And please, please, when you have something new to say, don't edit an old post and expect us to find it. If you have something new to add to the thread put it in a new post.

Share this post


Link to post

I've just noticed after realising that my downloads weren't pausing when DestDir dropped below my disk space setting ( InterDir is working fine), that my Free disk space in status is showing as 0.00MB.

 

Is this something I can fix?

 

Thanks in advance

 

1970053609_FireShotCapture1-131437.4MB_s-NZBGet-http___192_168_10.86_6789_.thumb.png.df91dfd446e276fd6c1827f60442c570.png

Share this post


Link to post

Overnight my container was updated to "25.02.19: - Rebasing to alpine 3.9" and I'm now getting the following error for all of my newsservers:

 

TLS handshake failed for nl.newsgroupdirect.com: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

TLS handshake failed for news.tweaknews.eu: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

TLS handshake failed for sslreader.eweka.nl: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

If I leave the cipher empty in the newsservers configuration of nzbget then everything works fine. Why has RC4-MD5 stopped working all of the sudden with the rebasing to alpine 3.9 and no change the the nzbget code?

Edited by Weavus

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Weavus said:

Overnight my container was updated to "25.02.19: - Rebasing to alpine 3.9" and I'm now getting the following error for all of my newsservers:

 

TLS handshake failed for nl.newsgroupdirect.com: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

TLS handshake failed for news.tweaknews.eu: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

TLS handshake failed for sslreader.eweka.nl: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

If I leave the cipher empty in the newsservers configuration of nzbget then everything works fine. Why has RC4-MD5 stopped working all of the sudden with the rebasing to alpine 3.9 and no change the the nzbget code?

same problem here.  after update, rc4-md5 openssl speed errors .... sslv3 alert handshake failure

Share this post


Link to post
Overnight my container was updated to "25.02.19: - Rebasing to alpine 3.9" and I'm now getting the following error for all of my newsservers:
 
TLS handshake failed for nl.newsgroupdirect.com: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure
TLS handshake failed for news.tweaknews.eu: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure
TLS handshake failed for sslreader.eweka.nl: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

If I leave the cipher empty in the newsservers configuration of nzbget then everything works fine. Why has RC4-MD5 stopped working all of the sudden with the rebasing to alpine 3.9 and no change the the nzbget code?
It stopped working because RC4 is not included in the container. openssl ciphers -v doesn't show any RC4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dmacias said:
23 hours ago, Weavus said:
Overnight my container was updated to "25.02.19: - Rebasing to alpine 3.9" and I'm now getting the following error for all of my newsservers:
 
TLS handshake failed for nl.newsgroupdirect.com: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure
TLS handshake failed for news.tweaknews.eu: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure
TLS handshake failed for sslreader.eweka.nl: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

If I leave the cipher empty in the newsservers configuration of nzbget then everything works fine. Why has RC4-MD5 stopped working all of the sudden with the rebasing to alpine 3.9 and no change the the nzbget code?

It stopped working because RC4 is not included in the container. openssl ciphers -v doesn't show any RC4

Thanks for the info. Any advice on which cipher I should be using going forward or best to leave it blank until RC4-MD5 is restored?

Edited by Weavus

Share this post


Link to post

Why are you entering ciphers in the first place? As far as i understand it, its only needed when nzbget cant connect to server. If its working without, why adding one? Never entered one. 

 

I thought its only if nzbget is not able to automatic find out which cipher to use!?

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/26/2019 at 8:52 PM, DZMM said:

I've just noticed after realising that my downloads weren't pausing when DestDir dropped below my disk space setting ( InterDir is working fine), that my Free disk space in status is showing as 0.00MB.

 

Is this something I can fix?

 

Thanks in advance

 

1970053609_FireShotCapture1-131437.4MB_s-NZBGet-http___192_168_10.86_6789_.thumb.png.df91dfd446e276fd6c1827f60442c570.png

How fast is your internet?

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Why are you entering ciphers in the first place? As far as i understand it, its only needed when nzbget cant connect to server. If its working without, why adding one? Never entered one. 

 

I thought its only if nzbget is not able to automatic find out which cipher to use!?

Speed. https://nzbget.net/choosing-cipher recommends using RC4-MD5

Share this post


Link to post

Ah, thanks. That makes sense.

 

aes-128 ige seems to be the next fastest?

 

Dont know the correct syntax tho, tried aes-128-ige or aes-128 or aes-MD5 aes-128-MD5

 

googled: 

AES128-SHA

 

which seems to be as fast as md4 (thats what some ppl were suggesting), but idk.

 

Seems to be bit faster then letting it blank tho.

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.