[Support] Linuxserver.io - McMyAdmin

Need some help, I can't get two servers to run at the same time.

I have changed web port, which works fine, but I can't get the server to start. It just say "A fault is preventing the server from starting." in mcmyadmin2.

I have set the server port to 25566 inside of server.properties (the minecraft server, has nothing to do with mcmyadmin2).

I have changed container port and host port inside the docker settings from 25565 to 25566.

Fixed it, was something wrong with my files.

Squid, I ended up using the port 25566 on container port and host port, and it worked now. I did not test only the host port after I fixed it.

I am trying to change the port when I click the webui button, but I can't get it to work.

I have set "WebUI:" to "http://[iP]:[PORT:8081]/", but it still takes me to IP:8080 (default). How do I fix this?

Long standing bug with dockerMan where it doesn't pick up changes to the webUI after an app is initially installed.

My fail safe solution here is to delete the docker.img and restart the server, then redownload all of your apps again using the my* templates (or CA's previous apps tab), but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears....

I am trying to change the port when I click the webui button, but I can't get it to work.

I have set "WebUI:" to "http://[iP]:[PORT:8081]/", but it still takes me to IP:8080 (default). How do I fix this?

Long standing bug with dockerMan where it doesn't pick up changes to the webUI after an app is initially installed.

My fail safe solution here is to delete the docker.img and restart the server, then redownload all of your apps again using the my* templates (or CA's previous apps tab), but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears....

Ah, thanks  :D

I remember it worked to do this when I switched from crashplan in 2 dockers to one single docker.

Does LT know about this? Are they planning to fix it?

Edit: Found a thread about it here.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40826.msg386378#msg386378

• 4 weeks later...

Why can't I copy anything to the minecraft folder inside appdata? It just say "you need permission to do this" in explorer when I try to add files.

Yes, I have read/write permission on the share

I stopped the docker but I am still getting the error. The docker is stopped, all previous connections were closed, Minecraft is closed, I still cannot edit the conf file.

Try to stop the docker, then run tools>new permissions.

It looks like the wrong user is own the files, or too tight permissions. Maybe something the Linuxserver team can look into?

That worked, thank you! I really appreciate the feedback and help.

• 2 weeks later...

How would I go about adding multiple of these? I'd like to setup multiple servers but each time I try to specify new ports or new installation path, it either fails to start the docker or I can't connect within the game.

Also, if I need to stop or restart the docker, each time the admin password either reverts or it clears my professional key from the .conf file, moving us back to a Personal/Trial licensing setup.

How would I go about adding multiple of these? I'd like to setup multiple servers but each time I try to specify new ports or new installation path, it either fails to start the docker or I can't connect within the game.

Also, if I need to stop or restart the docker, each time the admin password either reverts or it clears my professional key from the .conf file, moving us back to a Personal/Trial licensing setup.

You need to change the host port on both of the ports, host path from the volume mappings and the name of the docker. You should also change the WebUI port to the new one.

You need to change the host port on both of the ports, host path from the volume mappings and the name of the docker. You should also change the WebUI port to the new one.

Okay, I tried changing both ports but I'll try just the host and report back.

You should also change the WebUI port to the new one.

No.  the WebUI port pretty much never needs to be changed on ANY app.  Its value is always something like
http://[iP]:[PORT:80]

The [ ] tell dynamix to use the host mapped port number (the 80 in the example is the container port number).

Okay, if I create one container and change the host ports, it seems to work fine. However, if I have multiple containers, despite designating unique host ports, I am unable to get into the WebUI for any of the installations. I've tried stopping/restarting them and waiting up to 10 minutes with no success. Any ideas? I would really like to be able to have different servers for myself, kids and friends to enjoy.

Okay, if I create one container and change the host ports, it seems to work fine. However, if I have multiple containers, despite designating unique host ports, I am unable to get into the WebUI for any of the installations. I've tried stopping/restarting them and waiting up to 10 minutes with no success. Any ideas? I would really like to be able to have different servers for myself, kids and friends to enjoy.

Don't know.  So long as they all have different host ports, different host appdata paths, and different names they won't interfere with each other.

Yeah, I thought about that too but it seems like the WebUI link is sending me to the right place; manually entering it in doesn't change anything. Should I change the container port?

Here's a quick snapshot I just took showing the dockers and port mappings: http://i.imgur.com/AuDEdGO.png

Hmm yeah looks to be up now. When you say that they were still updating potentially, what is it that they're updating? Just seemed odd for a 5-10 minute startup time. In any case, I greatly appreciate the help I've received. I will be trying one more server and we'll see how that goes too. Are there other things I should know as a good rule of thumb for creating multiple versions of a single docker? I'm fairly new to unRAID still, very new to Linux.

How you accomplished it is exactly how you do it with any other app.  Only thing is that you generally cannot do this with any apps that run as host instead of bridge

All of lsio's apps automatically update the application, etc upon starting up.  Depending upon numerous factors, this could take awhile

• 2 weeks later...

Installed this docker ok and I can get MC Official to run fine. However if I try and run a Spigot Server it says "A fault is preventing the server from starting".

I tried starting the docker install over from scratch and going straight to Spigot but I get the same error.

Below is what the console says when I try to start a Spigot server.

Screen_Shot.png.71b360c31aa3b03304604ad4ee18f0d0.png

After some digging around on spigot and mcmyadmin forums, I found some post that say there are stipulations that prevent mcmyadmin2 from self building the spigot jar.

Can anyone tell or point to a walkthrough of how to install the spigot jar on an unraid/docker/mcmyadmin environment.

I know how to run the buildtools.jar on an ubuntu install, just not sure in this environment.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe the only "server" that MCMA can build or fetch on its own is the stock/vanilla jar. Everything else you have to fetch or build manually, and then place in the correct folder with the correct filename (from my personal experience using Forge). MCMA is a nice bit of software, but the documentation behind it is abysmal.

• 3 months later...

How would I go about changing the dashboard icon for this docker? Is it possible to customize this or add a string for the option of designating a special image file for the icon?

Absolutely no idea sorry.  I'd probably start by looking at the source code rather than the docker and you may find that the change isn't persistent across restarts, it would depend on exactly how things are setup.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• trurl locked this topic