[Support] Linuxserver.io - Sonarr

I'll try and explain this the best i can, given that i'm not a natural teacher, lol.

ordinarily these apps would be run on the same host machine and you would use /downloads , or whatever for both apps.

in the docker world, inside the container, as long as you point both apps to /downloads in their webui's etc for downloads, it makes zero difference (other than disk copying times across volumes etc) where the external folders are mapped to.

the apps themselves will just see the path as being /downloads

So then, what it is the point of the mappings for each for download?

I'll try and explain this the best i can, given that i'm not a natural teacher, lol.

ordinarily these apps would be run on the same host machine and you would use /downloads , or whatever for both apps.

in the docker world, inside the container, as long as you point both apps to /downloads in their webui's etc for downloads, it makes zero difference (other than disk copying times across volumes etc) where the external folders are mapped to.

the apps themselves will just see the path as being /downloads

So then, what it is the point of the mappings for each for download?

because you have to have the mappings internally, it just makes no difference where you point them to externally.

Ok...

This is where I now stand after another download test.  First the maps...

Sonarr Install Mapping....

/downloads --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/complete/

/config --->  /mnt/user/appdata/Sonarr/

/tv ---> /mnt/user/TV/

SABnzbd Mapping...

/config --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/

/downloads --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/complete

/incomplete-downloads --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/incomplete/

And SABnzbd Folder settings...

Default Base Folder: /config

Temp ---> /incomplete-downloads

Completed ---> /downloads

Told Sonarr to download a TV show...It found it and sent to it SABnzbd. 

SABnzbd started the download and the files appeared in /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/incomplete/ (As expected.)

When it was done downloading, the files where made and placed in  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/complete/TV  (As expected based on the TV category)

At that point one would expect Sonarr to then go to move the file.  At this point, Sonorr no longer seems to attempt to do that. 

Sonarr shows the TV show 100% dowloaded inside the WANTED area.

Sonarr shows the TV show inside the QUEUE area.

Thats it.  Nothing else has happened.  Now Sonarr does not try to move it after words.

Only thing in the log for the TV show is the find it and sending it to SABnzbd...

15-12-6 10:13:50.4|Info|NzbSearchService|Searching 4 indexers for [The Middle : S07E09]

15-12-6 10:13:52.3|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 34 releases

15-12-6 10:13:54.1|Info|Sabnzbd|Adding report [The.Middle.S07E09.HDTV.x264-LOL] to the queue.

15-12-6 10:13:54.5|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to Sabnzbd Downloader. The.Middle.S07E09.HDTV.x264-LOL

No now Sonarr is no longer trying to get it.

Interesting Enough...If I go into Activity and click on the little guy image for manual import...The TV show shows up there to be manually imported.

Ok...

This is where I now stand after another download test.  First the maps...

/downloads --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/complete/

/tv ---> /mnt/user/TV/

SABnzbd Mapping...

/downloads --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/complete

/incomplete-downloads --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/incomplete/

And SABnzbd Folder settings...

Temp ---> /incomplete-downloads

Completed ---> /downloads

Told Sonarr to download a TV show...It found it and sent to it SABnzbd. 

SABnzbd started the download and the files appeared in /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/incomplete/ (As expected.)

When it was done downloading, the files where made and placed in  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads/complete/TV  (As expected based on the TV category)

At that point one would expect Sonarr to then go to move the file.  At this point, Sonorr no longer seems to attempt to do that. 

Sonarr shows the TV show 100% dowloaded inside the WANTED area.

Sonarr shows the TV show inside the QUEUE area.

Thats it.  Nothing else has happened.  Now Sonarr does not try to move it after words.

Only thing in the log for the TV show is the find it and sending it to SABnzbd...

15-12-6 10:13:50.4|Info|NzbSearchService|Searching 4 indexers for [The Middle : S07E09]

15-12-6 10:13:52.3|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 34 releases

15-12-6 10:13:54.1|Info|Sabnzbd|Adding report [The.Middle.S07E09.HDTV.x264-LOL] to the queue.

15-12-6 10:13:54.5|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to Sabnzbd Downloader. The.Middle.S07E09.HDTV.x264-LOL

No now Sonarr is no longer trying to get it.

Interesting Enough...If I go into Activity and click on the little guy image for manual import...The TV show shows up there to be manually imported.

Try mapping it to

/downloads --->  /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/downloads

The /downloads mapping must be identical on all containers

Try mapping it to

Well would that not mean that /config would also be equal or it would not work?  Right now /config for each point to other appdata directories and yet the information is stored in the right place for each program.  So /config is not /config for all containers it seem each container would have it's own setting mappings...no?

I am not sure why I am having such an issue with this.  I just killed everything and will start over.  So...anyone care to suggest settings for...

The Docker Guide reads... "It is important that when naming Container volumes that you specify a path that won’t conflict with already existing folders present in the container.  If unfamiliar with Linux, using a prefix such as “unraid_” for the volume name is a safe bet (e.g., “/unraid_media” is a valid Container volume name)."

So...anyone care to suggest settings for...

/downloads --->

/config ---> 

/tv --->

SABnzbd Mapping...

/config --->

/downloads --->

/incomplete-downloads ---> 

Try mapping it to

Well would that not mean that /config would also be equal or it would not work?  Right now /config for each point to other appdata directories and yet the information is stored in the right place for each program.  So /config is not /config for all containers it seem each container would have it's own setting mappings...no?

I am not sure why I am having such an issue with this.  I just killed everything and will start over.  So...anyone care to suggest settings for...

/downloads --->

/config ---> 

/tv --->

SABnzbd Mapping...

/config --->

/downloads --->

The Docker Guide reads... "It is important that when naming Container volumes that you specify a path that won’t conflict with already existing folders present in the container.  If unfamiliar with Linux, using a prefix such as “unraid_” for the volume name is a safe bet (e.g., “/unraid_media” is a valid Container volume name)."

So...anyone care to suggest settings for...

/downloads --->

/config ---> 

/tv --->

SABnzbd Mapping...

/config --->

/downloads --->

config mapping has no bearing on this whatsoever.

/downloads ---> mnt/cache/downloads

/config --->  /mnt/cache/appdata/sonarr

/tv ---> /mnt/user/tv

SABnzbd Mapping...

/config ---> /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd

/downloads ---> /mnt/cache/downloads

/incomplete-downloads ---> /mnt/cache/downloads/incomplete

That's how I'd set it up... But I use NZBGet rather than SABnzbd

I posted this in the master thread, but anyway we can get support for mp4 automator built in (or maybe a second container)?

https://github.com/mdhiggins/sickbeard_mp4_automator/

Please  make a issue on github. And I'll look into it tomorrow.

Thanks! Issue posted along with this comment:

it might make sense to have NZBGet / SABnzbd support this rather than each PVR application. Ultimately I'm looking for a way to automate the remux process to help out my processor and limit transcoding requirements for Plex. Where that lives, I'm not sure I care too much (personally).

I posted this in the master thread, but anyway we can get support for mp4 automator built in (or maybe a second container)?

https://github.com/mdhiggins/sickbeard_mp4_automator/

Please  make a issue on github. And I'll look into it tomorrow.

Thanks! Issue posted along with this comment:

it might make sense to have NZBGet / SABnzbd support this rather than each PVR application. Ultimately I'm looking for a way to automate the remux process to help out my processor and limit transcoding requirements for Plex. Where that lives, I'm not sure I care too much (personally).

i'd say more like a totally separate container for this. otherwise that's two containers have to bloat with the dependencies for this.

i'd say more like a totally separate container for this. otherwise that's two containers have to bloat with the dependencies for this.

My initial thought as well, although I'm not sure how the tie in to the post processing will work smoothly with it living in a different container. Although, it very well could be a very easy solution I'm missing... I'm anxious to see what the LinuxServer.io team comes up with.

Hey...

Ok, I have no idea where or how things are stored or now.  I say this because even though I killed everything, including Docker itself deleting the 20G docker image file, when I did it all again, I see old directories like the original Download with the capital D.

I also see a share was made called downloads.  I did not make this share.  I DID create a download directory located at /mnt/cache/downloads as I set this up like referenced above.  Thus I made the directory only...I did not make the share...yet it is there.

With that said...Sonarr and SABnzdb are working together.  How...I am not really sure.  I am totally lost on the directories and the shares.

This is what I have now in Docker...

SABnzbd....

/downloads --->  /mnt/cache/downloads/complete/

/incomplete-downloads --->  /mnt/cache/downloads/incomplete/

Sonarr...

/downloads --->  /mnt/cache/downloads/complete/

/tv  ---> /mnt/user/TV/

Inside SABnzbd....Under Folders it reads....

Temp Download: /incomplete-downloads

Complete Download: /downloads

....and it works. 

So totally lost on the download share.

So how do I have a downloads share?  (See attached for settings.)

See if you can follow this....Using a terminal...

If I go into /mnt/cache/  I see:  appdata  docker.img  downloads

If I go into /mnt/cache/downloads  I see: complete  incomplete

If I go into /mnt/user/ I see all my shares normal shares but also see the file docker.img that was made on the cache drive. (20gigs and same time stamp on it as on the cache drive) and I also see a downloads folder. 

If I go into /mnt/user/downloads/ I see:  complete  incomplete

If I drop a file into /mnt/user/downloads/ that file does not show up in /mnt/cache/downloads.

However when SABnzbd is downloading, I see the files inside the "incomplete" folder from either location... (Add the share that was made is not set to use the cache drive!)

/mnt/cache/downloads/incomplete/The.Middle.S07E08.HDTV.x264-LOL

/mnt/user/downloads/incomplete/The.Middle.S07E08.HDTV.x264-LOL

So I have no idea how this is working at all and what is needed and what is not.  AUGH!!!  Even the actual docker.img files shows both on the cache drive and in the the /mnt/user.  Yet on the Docker setting page it shows it should be in /mnt/cache/docker.img.

Are you lost?  I am.

screenshot_1108.png.46bff6ad1b487a4461b5991c33a7563a.png

I'm not lost at all....  ;D

I think you've just got a bit confused trying to wrap your head around Unraid file system and the docker mapping system by trying to do them all at the same time...

Here is a good post explaining the Unraid file structure.

Two things you should do now...

Go to the Unraid webgui

Click shares on the menu and for both the downloads share and the appdata share ensure they are set to use cache disk only...

Otherwise they'll get moved to the protected array when the mover starts..

Trust me you don't want that to happen...

As an explanation of Sonarr and SABnzbd mappings...

It goes a bit like this....

Sonarr checks for a download and sends it to SABnzbd same as on Windows....

SABnzbd downloads it to /downloads (which is mapped to /mnt/cache/downloads) then it says "Hey Sonarr, I downloaded stuff to /downloads)  Sonarr then looks at /downloads (which you also mapped to mnt/cache/downloads) and says "Thanks"

If for arguments sake SABnzbd had /downloads mapped to /mnt/cache/somewhere and Sonarr had /downloads mapped to /mnt/cache/somewhere-else you can see it wouldn't work...

Also if SABnzb had a mapping for /downloaded-stuff mapped to /mnt/cache/downloads and Sonarr had /downloaded-items also mapped to /mnt/cache/downloads then it wouldn't work either.

Ok, thanks for the help.

So just making a directory automatically makes a share for it?  Even if I had made that directory on the Cache drive which is not part of the array?

I did not expect to see two "downloads" directories (One on the cache drive and one on the in /mnt/user at all and really seems weird.)

Also, why is the 20 gig docker.img showing up in two places?

Well, all in all, I got it woking. Tested and all.  So now I have all my shows imported in and it's waiting for tonights shows.

I was totally lost with the system making user shares out of items I would place on the cache drive.  Seeing that I had the cache drive set to be able to be seen, it was very confusing seeing the directories on that drive as well as being listed as directories by themselves as user shares.

So now I have hidden the cache drive from showing and still have appdata and downloads showing.

Now I only hope it works like it should. No reason it should not.

So, question, how are upgrades handed? IE..I should have upgrade turned off inside Sonarr right? For it needs a docker file or something.  Will Docker do it automatically or how is the best way to handle it?  Sonarr show 2.0.0.3580 but my Windows version is newer. (Not sure if they release updates for the platforms at the same time.)

Thanks all.

Well, all in all, I got it woking. Tested and all.  So now I have all my shows imported in and it's waiting for tonights shows.

I was totally lost with the system making user shares out of items I would place on the cache drive.  Seeing that I had the cache drive set to be able to be seen, it was very confusing seeing the directories on that drive as well as being listed as directories by themselves as user shares.

So now I have hidden the cache drive from showing and still have appdata and downloads showing.

So, question, how are upgrades handed? IE..I should have upgrade turned off inside Sonarr right? For it needs a docker file or something.  Will Docker do it automatically or how is the best way to handle it?  Sonarr show 2.0.0.3580 but my Windows version is newer. (Not sure if they release updates for the platforms at the same time.)

Thanks all.

Our containers automatically will update when they are restarted, so you don't need to do anything..

You have changed appdata and downloads to "Use cache only" right? 

Thanks all.

Just restarted my Sonarr container I'm on 2.0.0.3594

Just restarted my Sonarr container I'm on 2.0.0.3594

Hummmm....I just installed it an I got 2.0.0.3580.  So that in itself seems to be an issue. 

Just need to restart it?  Does the Docker bring it down on it's own?  I would think it would auto restart.

Ok, this seems weird that I got an old version and/or it did not update.  (But still not sure how that is done.  Docker or Sonarr?)