[Support] Linuxserver.io - Sonarr

Ah, I didn't notice the host mappings were different in your first post. I thought they were the same. If those first mappings you gave were correct, my answer would have actually been incomplete because of that. But with the correct mappings you gave, my original answer if complete.

Edited by bobbintb

Alright, my apologies i am not understanding, so you are saying that the issue is with the container mappings and not the host path mappings, so if i add a /Complete mapping that points to /mnt/user/Downloads/completed, even though the only thing that is different is the container mapping, which if i understand unraid correctly, should not matter between containers because they are sandboxed away from each other. Thanks

4 minutes ago, taylor.a.keysaw said:

Alright, my apologies i am not understanding, so you are saying that the issue is with the container mappings and not the host path mappings, so if i add a /Complete mapping that points to /mnt/user/Downloads/completed, even though the only thing that is different is the container mapping, which if i understand unraid correctly, should not matter between containers because they are sandboxed away from each other. Thanks

The host and guest directories need to be the same. You gave the wrong mappings at first, but I also didn't notice the host mappings were not the same. So my first answer was incorrect based on the incorrect mapping you gave but correct based on the correct mapping. If you're still not following that, it's not important. Just trying to explain my error. The bottom line is the guest and host mappings need to be the same (or use the Sonarr remote mapping feature). The host mappings need to be the same in order to link the guests together, and the guest directories need to be the same or the two guests will both have access to the same host directory, but refer the directory by different names. Got it?

3 hours ago, taylor.a.keysaw said:

To put it easy. 

One downloads to /mnt/user/Download/completed

The other downloads to /mnt/user/Download/complete

That is two separate folders. Use either complete or completed. 

7 hours ago, saarg said:

To put it easy. 

One downloads to /mnt/user/Download/completed

The other downloads to /mnt/user/Download/complete

That is two separate folders. Use either complete or completed. 

No, that's not entirely correct. First of all, that's the old mapping they used and that has already been corrected. Second, both the host AND the guest side have to be the same for the reasons I mentioned.

5 hours ago, bobbintb said:

No, that's not entirely correct. First of all, that's the old mapping they used and that has already been corrected. Second, both the host AND the guest side have to be the same for the reasons I mentioned.

When I posted he had already corrected the container path to be the same.

35 minutes ago, saarg said:

When I posted he had already corrected the container path to be the same.

Yes, I mentioned that and that was my point. He had already corrected that before you posted and you said that was all he needed to do. But he still needed to change the guest side of things. Anyway, he seems to have gotten it resolved.

1 hour ago, bobbintb said:

Yes, I mentioned that and that was my point. He had already corrected that before you posted and you said that was all he needed to do. But he still needed to change the guest side of things. Anyway, he seems to have gotten it resolved.

I looked at sonarr and radarr. I don't use these downloaders and just remembered radarr changed name or something. Didn't see deluge in the list until now. So you are right :) He needs to change both sides.

Alright so i have changed the mappings so that they should be set up as you both have stated. The attached image shows that the mapping have been changed. So if i understand what you guys are saying everything should work correctly now? Is there a way for me to tell sonarr to check that folder to test if this is working correctly?

docker mappings.PNG

I think I fixed the drive mapping issue, I now however am having a performance issue with sonarr and it importing shows. One thing that I know I did was point the drone factory folder to the same exact folder that is my completed folder. I have read that this can cause major issues, could this be my issue that is literally causing unraid to choke on itself? The message that I am seeing is attached. My permissions in Media management are set to group users and I changed the owner from root to Taylor. Seriously at a loss here.

IMG_0019.PNG

52 minutes ago, taylor.a.keysaw said:

I think I fixed the drive mapping issue, I now however am having a performance issue with sonarr and it importing shows. One thing that I know I did was point the drone factory folder to the same exact folder that is my completed folder. I have read that this can cause major issues, could this be my issue that is literally causing unraid to choke on itself? The message that I am seeing is attached. My permissions in Media management are set to group users and I changed the owner from root to Taylor. Seriously at a loss here.

IMG_0019.PNG

The error looks pretty self explanatory to me.

5 hours ago, taylor.a.keysaw said:

I will fix Radarr, Is there a way in sonarr to manually have it check that folder to make sure things work correctly? also Saarg, what downloader do you use?

I don't really download anymore. I'm either streaming from Netflix, HBO Nordic or Viaplay or buying the blu-rays. Movies I need on blu-ray as the streaming quality is too poor with a projector and a huge screen.

I don't really have the time to watch movies either :)

Before I used Usenet.

3 hours ago, KungFuCowboy said:

I'm attempting to move from SickRage to Sonarr. Is there a way to import my indexers so that Sonarr checks the same sources? Sonarr seems to be much more limited in what's listed on install.

You could use Jackett or Cardigann dockers for indexers

I need some clarification guys, sorry.  I'm new to sonarr, had been using sickbeard for years and years, then sickrage for a few months, now sonarr.

I am having issues: sonarr is not moving files, sab is downloading two or three different versions of the same show (720p, 1080p, and obfuscated), filenames aren't being renamed, sab is downloading the same file multiple times (I think sonarr is telling it to, when I manually move a file from the downloads folder to my tv shows share, I think sonarr thinks its missing and tells sab to download again).  Actually four files did get moved last night, but they were moved into the root of the TV shows folder, not into the folders corresponding to the TV show itself (ie, "/tv_shows/show_s1_ep1" instead of "/tv_shows/show/s1_ep1").  Plus the shows that were moved didn't get deleted from the downloads directory.

Anyway, there are more options in sonarr than there were in sickbeard, and I don't understand many of them.  But for starters, I think my paths are messed up.  So that's where I need the initial clarification, and then I will move onto the next issue that persists.

I have "/mnt/disks/192.168.0.4_tv_shows/" as the directory where all TV media lives, its mounted via CIFS from another server.  

"/mnt/disks/wd500/appdata/binhex-sabnzbdvpn/Downloads" is the directory where I have told sab to do its work, and there is of course an "/incomplete" sub-directory.

That's it.  When I ran sickbeard (initially Windows, which was ridiculously easy, and later linux, which required some work), everything ran 100%.  Sickbeard scanned the tv_shows share, found a missing episode, told sab about it, sab downloaded it, unpacked it, and it was moved into the appropriate directory on the tv_shows share, then was deleted from the Downloads working directory.

Presently I am doing everything by hand, and it very time consuming.

One thing I was never clear on, even after all these years of using sickbeard, is who moves the files -- sickbeard or sab?  When a show is done downloading, I see sab change its status to "moving..." but then nothing happens.  I have read threads about post processing, some say "have sickbeard handle it" and some say "have sab handle it."  I configured both back in the day, and it worked, so I was never sure which one was correct and doing the work.  Does sonarr handle moving (and hopefully renaming as these obfuscated filenames are insane), or does sab?

What does "import" mean with regard to sonarr?

What is a "proper" and is it why I am getting multiple versions of the same show"

How do I auto-rename obfuscated filenames?

Etc etc etc etc (like I said, sorry)

I'll start by asking for clarification with the paths, to make sure I am at least telling sab and sonarr to look and work in the correct places.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, tucansam said:

I have "/mnt/disks/192.168.0.4_tv_shows/" as the directory where all TV media lives, its mounted via CIFS from another server.

These folders (/mnt/disks/..) have to be passed through to any docker container with the "slave" option available when you edit the container.

99% of the time problems with imports and renaming is that the volume mapping for the downloads folder within sab and sonarr have to match exactly on both apps -> both the host side and the container side.

36 minutes ago, tucansam said:

Does sonarr handle moving (and hopefully renaming as these obfuscated filenames are insane), or does sab?

sonarr

33 minutes ago, tucansam said:

What is a "proper"

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10705

36 minutes ago, tucansam said:

How do I auto-rename obfuscated filenames?

sonarr should handle it all automatically

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

These folders (/mnt/disks/..) have to be passed through to any docker container with the "slave" option available when you edit the container.

99% of the time problems with imports and renaming is that the volume mapping for the downloads folder within sab and sonarr have to match exactly on both apps -> both the host side and the container side.

sonarr

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10705

sonarr should handle it all automatically

When you say the host side and the container side, I'm not clear on what that means.  Is host my media server, where the media lives?  And container side are the paths inside the container (docker -> edit)?

What does the slave option do?  I am eventually going to consolidate servers, and wonder if the slave option will be needed when everything eventually resides on the same physical machine.

Edited by tucansam