[Support] Linuxserver.io - Sonarr

5 hours ago, DigitalDivide said:

EDIT: One question. The IP I am using for the bypass is what you listed above but it's the same ip for deluge, radar, sonarr. The only difference is the port. Do I have that correct? 

@DigitalDivideYes. I'm a little different because my proxy is on my other server. If you're running it all on the same box with one NIC then yeah, your IP will be the same for them. I _think_ all you're doing with that setting is telling Sonarr to not use the proxy for the connection to your indexer/download client.. which should be fine since it's all on your network.  I never had to use it before the IP leak fix that Binhex put in his containers that use VPN.

Glad you got it working.

What is the proper way to update? Because I had the same issue with getting the notification that the tag I was using was no longer valid. Went to the container, removed the tag, it installed v2 and blew away all my settings (or so I thought.) I couldn't even sign in using the Forms authentication. So I changed authentication to None, got in, and all 4000 or so TV shows were gone. Restored from backup from 4 days ago, same result.

Long story short, added the preview tag to the repo and everything was right as rain again. So what happened? Why did it install v2?

45 minutes ago, LittleMike said:

What is the proper way to update? Because I had the same issue with getting the notification that the tag I was using was no longer valid. Went to the container, removed the tag, it installed v2 and blew away all my settings (or so I thought.) I couldn't even sign in using the Forms authentication. So I changed authentication to None, got in, and all 4000 or so TV shows were gone. Restored from backup from 4 days ago, same result.

Long story short, added the preview tag to the repo and everything was right as rain again. So what happened? Why did it install v2?

Change to develop branch and it will keep your settings.

9 hours ago, cardo said:

Change to develop branch and it will keep your settings.

That's what I wound up doing, but the support page said that latest will give me v3 (or in my case, keep v3) and it didn't. It reverted me to v2. That's why I ask what I *should* have done. If "latest" or no tag should now be on v3, it didn't work, so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.

latest is v3 for me. I changed from preview to latest a couple of minutes after the docker build and page was updated. Sonarr was on version 3.0.5.1143 for preview and upgraded to 3.0.5.1144 when changed to latest. I did not remove the tag, I changed linuxserver/sonarr:preview to linuxserver/sonarr:latest and updated.

Edited by Niklas
4 hours ago, LittleMike said:

That's what I wound up doing, but the support page said that latest will give me v3 (or in my case, keep v3) and it didn't. It reverted me to v2. That's why I ask what I *should* have done. If "latest" or no tag should now be on v3, it didn't work, so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Did your TV library get deleted too. Mine got deleted twice, even after restore from backup. It seem to be happing every night since upgrade to v3. I can't figure out why.

On 3/13/2021 at 8:53 AM, LittleMike said:

Also experienced the same issue. Just moved back to preview for now, but can't figure out how to successfully migrate back to stable branch.

Hi all,

I'm having cert issues now with this Sonarr container.  It looks like this new version of the container doesn't trust let's encrypt CAs.  The previous container was running for 3+ years without this issue.  Were the anchors removed?

Error] X509CertificateValidationService: Certificate validation for https://sab.xxxxxxx.com/api?mode=addfile&cat=tv&priority=-100&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&output=json failed. RemoteCertificateChainErrors 
[Info] RssSyncService: RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 209, Reports grabbed: 0, Reports pending: 109 
[Error] X509CertificateValidationService: Certificate validation for https://sab.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/api?mode=version&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&output=json failed. RemoteCertificateChainErrors 
[Error] Sabnzbd: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, certificate validation failed. 

[v3.0.5.1144] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, certificate validation failed. ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.): 'https://sab.xxxxxxxxxx.com/api?mode=get_config&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&output=json' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.) ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

[Warn] SonarrErrorPipeline: Invalid request Validation failed: 
 -- Host: Unable to connect to SABnzbd
 -- : Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, certificate validation failed.

Thanks!

Just noticed today that after i updated my docker on wednesday that Sonarr is not seeing the downloads once Sabnzbd is done with them. I get a "Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /config/Downloads/complete/TV/Deadliest.Catch.S17E01.Out.of.the.Ashes.1080p.WEB.h264-CAFFEiNE/. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder" error in the log/event. Everything was working fine up until the update. What could be the issue? thanks

20 hours ago, TheBrian said:

Hi all,

I'm having cert issues now with this Sonarr container.  It looks like this new version of the container doesn't trust let's encrypt CAs.  The previous container was running for 3+ years without this issue.  Were the anchors removed?

Error] X509CertificateValidationService: Certificate validation for https://sab.xxxxxxx.com/api?mode=addfile&cat=tv&priority=-100&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&output=json failed. RemoteCertificateChainErrors 
[Info] RssSyncService: RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 209, Reports grabbed: 0, Reports pending: 109 
[Error] X509CertificateValidationService: Certificate validation for https://sab.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/api?mode=version&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&output=json failed. RemoteCertificateChainErrors 
[Error] Sabnzbd: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, certificate validation failed. 

[v3.0.5.1144] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, certificate validation failed. ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.): 'https://sab.xxxxxxxxxx.com/api?mode=get_config&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&output=json' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.) ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

[Warn] SonarrErrorPipeline: Invalid request Validation failed: 
 -- Host: Unable to connect to SABnzbd
 -- : Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, certificate validation failed.

Thanks!

Slightly OT: Is there a HowTo somewhere how to go about connecting to all your containers using SSL? Somehow I don't seem to be able to makle it work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 12:56 PM, spall said:

@neilster Check your proxy settings (see my post up near the top of this page), especially if you're running through Privoxy like I am..   you may need to tell Sonarr/Radarr to ignore the IP of your download clients.

@spall I didnt see this post until today!!
thanks for all tip on going to check the proxy.
I disable the proxy and everything started working again.

I am keen on using the proxy function if possible. How do u get Sonarr/Radarr to ifnose the IP of just the download clients?

Thanks,

Neil

I'm having some kind of mapping issue with Sonarr. The shows are not making it to my folder for all the shows and it seems like I have some completed/incomplete folders that are duplicated. Sonarr seemed to be working fine until lately.  Another thing is that when I start downloading shows in Sonarr my docker % of memory shows on the dashboard starts going up high....its at 65% but shouldn't be anywhere close to that.  I dont know if some settings somehow got messed up or what. Everything SEEMS to be in order but its not working quite right.

I was running the preview of v3 for some weeks without problems. Recently the preview tag got deprecated, so I removed it. Suddenly I was back to v2 and all settings gone. I changed the tag specifically to "latest" and with a force update I had v3 installed with all settings restored. Weird but it worked.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I just upgraded to the latest and greatest.  

3.0.6.1196 pretty sure,  in any case, the restart and shutdown options not working in both Chrome and Safari.  Searching was fruitless.  Thoughts, anyone else in my boat.  I dont mind restarting the container.  However, adjusting several settings, it would be nice if it would reboot without shutting down the whole container.  

On 4/3/2021 at 3:26 AM, dedi said:

I was running the preview of v3 for some weeks without problems. Recently the preview tag got deprecated, so I removed it. Suddenly I was back to v2 and all settings gone. I changed the tag specifically to "latest" and with a force update I had v3 installed with all settings restored. Weird but it worked.

Thanks! This worked for me just now. Force update is the key here. 

• 2 weeks later...

As of April 13, my Sonarr is having trouble connecting to NZBGet.

When I try to select a download in Sonarr, it says "Error: Unable to connect to NzbGet. Error getting response stream". Log shows the following:

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to NzbGet. Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure: 'http://192.168.1.10:6789/jsonrpc' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure: 'http://192.168.1.10:6789/jsonrpc' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure

The weird thing is the test connection in Sonarr shows green. NZBGet is also actually getting the download sent to it and the download goes through. Sonarr can see the download complete in the activity list but obviously says it was not grabbed by sonarr. Nothing has changed in my setup and its been working forever. Curious if anyone knows how I might go about debugging where the problem lies.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that manually importing the downloads afterward works just fine - so the issue lies somewhere in how NZBGet responds to Sonarr...

Edited by CORNbread
extra info
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this was what others meant by 'force update', but here's what worked for me:

1. Change docker tag to 'latest' and apply

2. Check for updates. A new update for Sonarr should appear

3. Apply update

4. Successfully migrated from preview -> latest!

• 1 month later...

I am having a peculiar issue I hope someone can help with.

I run two instances of Sonarr - one for 2160p media and one for everything else. I am also running a Syncarr container alongside them to synchronize specific titles from the non-2160p instance to the 2160p one. What I am seeing is that whenever these containers are restarted (for example, during automated backup from the Backup/Restore Appdata Plugin), the API key for my 2160p instance changes, which breaks the connection that Syncarr is setup to use. While this is not a huge deal, it's becoming annoying to have to go back in and update the container config with the new API key.

Is there a way to configure Sonarr to NOT update the API key that I am missing? Does it have to do with running two instances of Sonarr from the same docker template? My primary Sonarr instance never changes, which is the weird part. Any help would be appreciated.

Instance 1: Primary, Non-4K media

image.thumb.png.1b38714ac825b184220e403da1df213a.png

Instance 2: 4K only media

image.thumb.png.723c9bd93b26e1aded6b72db1680a364.png

8 minutes ago, regorian said:

I am having a peculiar issue I hope someone can help with.

I run two instances of Sonarr - one for 2160p media and one for everything else. I am also running a Syncarr container alongside them to synchronize specific titles from the non-2160p instance to the 2160p one. What I am seeing is that whenever these containers are restarted (for example, during automated backup from the Backup/Restore Appdata Plugin), the API key for my 2160p instance changes, which breaks the connection that Syncarr is setup to use. While this is not a huge deal, it's becoming annoying to have to go back in and update the container config with the new API key.

Is there a way to configure Sonarr to NOT update the API key that I am missing? Does it have to do with running two instances of Sonarr from the same docker template? My primary Sonarr instance never changes, which is the weird part. Any help would be appreciated.

Instance 1: Primary, Non-4K media

image.thumb.png.1b38714ac825b184220e403da1df213a.png

Instance 2: 4K only media

image.thumb.png.723c9bd93b26e1aded6b72db1680a364.png

I feel that this is because you are running 2 of the same containers using the same docker image. Try switching your 4k one to binhex's repo. That's what I did and its been perfect since then.

We also would need to see the location of your docker image there.. but.. give the switch a shot none the less.