[Support] Linuxserver.io - Sonarr

I've been using this Sonarr docker for months and it's worked well.  I've noticed in the past few days that my unRAID box CPU utilization is stuck at around 33% and if I stop the Sonarr docker it goes to zero, then restarting the docker it behaves as normal.  Looking at the log doesn't seem to show anything happening at the time.  Any ideas how I can troubleshoot?

Edit: this happens daily now.

Edit:  I just restarted the docker a few minutes ago and CA confirms that it's using 30% of the CPU

No one else is seeing this?  I've tried reinstalling the docker, both importing the backup and creating it all new from scratch.  Attached is a screenshot from CA showing it at 37% CPU utilization and using 19GB RAM.

Not seeing this behaviour at all on my setup. Log into the webgui for sonarr and check System>Tasks, see if there is anything running?

Never really had the time to fully investigate, but I don't actually believe that sonarr is truly using that amount of memory.  Rather its all the cache, etc that the linux base is using (http://www.linuxatemyram.com/)  and it will get released once something else requires the memory.  But if you truly are worried about it then limit the amount of RAM that sonarr is capable of using (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg492112#msg492112)

As far as the CPU usage, I've never really seen sonarr be a pig like that unless its actually scanning or actively searching or what not.  You can also limit its CPU resources (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg492111#msg492111) for when something else requires the cpu time.

The key question is sonarr actually working for you?

I've been using this Sonarr docker for months and it's worked well.  I've noticed in the past few days that my unRAID box CPU utilization is stuck at around 33% and if I stop the Sonarr docker it goes to zero, then restarting the docker it behaves as normal.  Looking at the log doesn't seem to show anything happening at the time.  Any ideas how I can troubleshoot?

Edit:  I just restarted the docker a few minutes ago and CA confirms that it's using 30% of the CPU

No one else is seeing this?  I've tried reinstalling the docker, both importing the backup and creating it all new from scratch.  Attached is a screenshot from CA showing it at 37% CPU utilization and using 19GB RAM.

Not seeing this behaviour at all on my setup. Log into the webgui for sonarr and check System>Tasks, see if there is anything running?

Never really had the time to fully investigate, but I don't actually believe that sonarr is truly using that amount of memory.  Rather its all the cache, etc that the linux base is using (http://www.linuxatemyram.com/)  and it will get released once something else requires the memory.  But if you truly are worried about it then limit the amount of RAM that sonarr is capable of using (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg492112#msg492112)

As far as the CPU usage, I've never really seen sonarr be a pig like that unless its actually scanning or actively searching or what not.  You can also limit its CPU resources (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg492111#msg492111) for when something else requires the cpu time.

Yeah, it does seem to be working.  That said it's worked fine for months with zero issues, but now in the past few weeks this CPU and RAM thing has started.  I could limit the Docker's access to CPU and RAM per your suggestion, but would prefer to find the underlying cause.

Yeah, it does seem to be working.  That said it's worked fine for months with zero issues, but now in the past few weeks this CPU and RAM thing has started.  I could limit the Docker's access to CPU and RAM per your suggestion, but would prefer to find the underlying cause.

Are you using the stable ( master ) or development ( develop ) branch?  I know there was an issue with the development branch that caused me to have to revert back to master,  it would get stuck in a loop of constantly running the refresh series task,  it would never fully complete & I ended up with over 20 refresh series tasks running and it was draining my system resources. As soon as I switched it to use the master branch instead of develop branch it completely mellowed out

I'm on the stable version.

That was my only good idea :)  Unless it is running a task my Sonarr docker uses hardly any resources

Thanks.  :)    I just got an update to the docker that seemed to update everything, so I'm crossing my fingers that it solves it.

And it apparently did solve it.  Thanks for the help all.

Having a really strange issue. I am not getting any response from the webUI in sonarr.

Things I have done

- Reinstalled from CA

- Checked for updates manually

- Rebooted router

Every other docker of mine works fine (nzbget, CP, nzbhydra). I have not messed with appdata because the docker itself seems to be working fine. I just use the local IP of my server, I don't forward the port for sonarr. Logs below.

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We do accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[info] Bootstrap: Starting Sonarr - /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.4230 
[info] AppFolderInfo: Data directory is being overridden to [/config] 
[info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source=/config/nzbdrone.db;cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 *** 
[info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source=/config/logs.db;cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 *** 
[info] Router: Application mode: Interactive 
[info] OwinHostController: Listening on the following URLs: 
[info] OwinHostController: http://*:8989/ 
[info] NancyBootstrapper: Starting NzbDrone API 
[info] RssSyncService: Starting RSS Sync 
[info] DownloadDecisionMaker: Processing 400 releases 
[info] RssSyncService: RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 400, Reports grabbed: 0 
[info] RssSyncService: Starting RSS Sync 
[info] DownloadDecisionMaker: Processing 400 releases 
[info] RssSyncService: RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 400, Reports grabbed: 0

File moving not working. I've reviewed all the setting multiple times and I just can't get this to work.

Files added to Deluge manually obey the 0 seed ratio rule and remove themselves from Deluge but torrents add by Sonarr remain even after the torrent has finished downloading.

Files downloaded from newsgroups also do not get moved.

In both cases I get "No files found are eligible for import ..." message in Activity. The Logs show Sonarr is trying to retrieve the files but can't since as long as they are in Deluge I assume the program has a lock on them.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

File moving not working. I've reviewed all the setting multiple times and I just can't get this to work.

Files added to Deluge manually obey the 0 seed ratio rule and remove themselves from Deluge but torrents add by Sonarr remain even after the torrent has finished downloading.

In both cases I get "No files found are eligible for import ..." message in Activity. The Logs show Sonarr is trying to retrieve the files but can't since as long as they are in Deluge I assume the program has a lock on them.

Possibly your volume mappings.  You've got to post the mappings for both deluge and sonarr and the log from sonarr showing the error

Possibly your volume mappings.  You've got to post the mappings for both deluge and sonarr and the log from sonarr showing the error

Hopefully this is what I'm supposed to post.

Sonarr

/dev/rtc   /dev/rtc

/tv  /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/

/downloads   /mnt/user/Downloads/Completed/

/drone   /mnt/user/Downloads/Drone Factory/

delugevpn

/data   /mnt/user/Downloads/

Error Message:  Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/Completed/

Under activity it says : No files found are eligible for import in /data/Completed/

Most recently I have tried to add Remote Path Mappings to Sonarr

Host:10.1.1.25  Remote Path:  /mnt/user/Downloads/Complete/    Local Path:  /downloads/

I believe the issue is that the torrents are not being removed from Deluge which is strange because files without the tv-sonarr label do get removed when they complete.

Deluge is telling sonarr the download is stored in /data whereas sonarr has no concept of that path.  The downloads mapping has to match exactly both sides between containers.  I've got a post on the docker FAQ going into more details about linking containers

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg488507#msg488507

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

My mistake was that even though both were pointing to the same location the information that got communicated from Deluge to Sonarr made no sense to Sonarr. Adding a new path fixed that. Now that I know how it works fixing it for newsgroups should be easy.

Well, my issue started again.  The Sonarr docker constantly using 30% of my processor power, and 28GB of my 32GB of RAM.  Attached is a screenshot from cAdvisor.  Not sure where to go from here on this.  Any other ideas?  Nothing in the queue (in fact, I disabled the download client and the indexer to see if it made any difference) and no tasks running that I can tell.

edit:  the processor is a corei7-4770, so that's quite a bit of processing power being used.

Capture.JPG.b63ecfd26e72b7ba3ccfaf16ca668493.JPG

Well, my issue started again.  The Sonarr docker constantly using 30% of my processor power, and 28GB of my 32GB of RAM.  Attached is a screenshot from cAdvisor.  Not sure where to go from here on this.  Any other ideas?  Nothing in the queue (in fact, I disabled the download client and the indexer to see if it made any difference) and no tasks running that I can tell.

edit:  the processor is a corei7-4770, so that's quite a bit of processing power being used.

FWIW I installed Binhex's sonarr docker and it seems to be working correctly.  Since it's the same app I think there's a memory leak in this docker (though it's odd that I'm the only one seeing the issue).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Getting this problem too. did you find a fix?  :)

In my case, althub test passes, but every nzb added via api results in the following:

Request Failed: Failed to add nzb Ballers.2015.S02E05.720p.HDTV.x264.nzb

Exception
NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Failed to add nzb Ballers.2015.S02E05.720p.HDTV.x264.nzb
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Nzbget.Nzbget.AddFromNzbFile (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, System.String filename, System.Byte[] fileContent) <0x41840c60 + 0x0026f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase`1[TSettings].Download (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) <0x417a7300 + 0x00525> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) <0x417a6780 + 0x00561> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.DownloadRelease (NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseResource release) <0x417a65c0 + 0x000c1> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.<.ctor>b__7_0 (System.Object x) <0x4179eb30 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:CallSite.Target (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,System.Func`2<object, object>,object)
  at Nancy.Routing.Route+<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3 (System.Object parameters, CancellationToken context) <0x416b0310 + 0x0014f> in <filename unknown>:0

from Sonarr, and NZBGet gives me

ERROR Sun Aug 21 2016 10:03:13 Could not add collection Ballers.2015.S02E05.720p.HDTV.x264.nzb to queue
ERROR Sun Aug 21 2016 10:03:13 Error parsing nzb-file Ballers.2015.S02E05.720p.HDTV.x264.nzb
ERROR Sun Aug 21 2016 10:03:13 Error parsing nzb-file: Premature end of data in tag html line 1
ERROR Sun Aug 21 2016 10:03:13 Error parsing nzb-file: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 3 and html
ERROR Sun Aug 21 2016 10:03:13 Error parsing nzb-file: Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 5 and body

FWIW I installed Binhex's sonarr docker and it seems to be working correctly.  Since it's the same app I think there's a memory leak in this docker (though it's odd that I'm the only one seeing the issue).

I would argue that the fact that you're the only one seeing it would go against it being a memory leak.  Especially as most of us are running it on less powerful hardware than you.

Getting this problem too. did you find a fix?  :)

In a manner of speaking.. Althub blamed Sonarr or my settings,  Sonarr seemed to expect me to set up additional software to see what was going on. Both said I was the only one reporting an issue. No one wanted to own the issue, so I had to find a new indexer. New indexer behaves as you would expect. I still believe the issue to be with althub, at least in my case.

I would argue that the fact that you're the only one seeing it would go against it being a memory leak.  Especially as most of us are running it on less powerful hardware than you.

Fair enough.  I wish there was some way to troubleshoot it further.  After a few days on Binhex's docker the constant 30% CPU utilization started and RAM usage started increasing.  So... i guess this is a Sonarr issue.  Not sure what's special about my setup as I'm not doing anything fancy.

Soon....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

and so it begins, welcome to my world  ;D

system => updates

click install..... on the update, then the reload button when completed.

job done.

in place upgrades eh, nice, you guys got some additional code to handle this in a docker env or is sonarr simple enough that it just works ok?, ive always shied away from telling users to use the apps update process, maybe im too cautious after all :-).

Soon....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

and so it begins, welcome to my world  ;D

system => updates

click install..... on the update, then the reload button when completed.

job done.

When updating from within Sonarr, PlexRequests stops communicating correctly to Sonarr. After force updating back to the latest docker image, PlexRequests was able to communicate again. Something about updating within Sonarr isn't clean enough of an update for everything to function correct.