[Support] Linuxserver.io - SmokePing

Please post a screenshot of the advanced settings also. I suspect you map the same host folder for both data and config.

Then you'd be wrong ;)

You didn't answer me on the question about using fresh folders for both data and config.

Also try to use /mnt/cache path for the data folder to rule out hard linking problems.

Can you try mapping /data to the cache disk rather than the array?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

So setting the /data path to /mnt/cache/docker/smokeping/ worked..

This is strange, as /mnt/user/docker/smokeping/ points to the same place and when inside the docker I could see /data and the files just fine?

This is strange, as /mnt/user/docker/smokeping/ points to the same place and when inside the docker I could see /data and the files just fine?

It's not really strange. /mnt/cache is a disk share and /mnt/user is a fuse (or how it's called) share. Support for hardlinking in user share is still new, so there might be some bugs still.

It's not really strange. /mnt/cache is a disk share and /mnt/user is a fuse (or how it's called) share. Support for hardlinking in user share is still new, so there might be some bugs still.

Just to clarify the bit in bold, that is an Unraid issue, not something we can fix within the container.

If its able to be replicated you guys really need to post defect reports about this kind of stuff so that Tom sees it

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

If its able to be replicated you guys really need to post defect reports about this kind of stuff so that Tom sees it

Going to be have to be someone other than me as I'm around from home and had to powerdown my server as had an electrician round, would you believe the wimp needed to cut the power to the house, for some reason my server hasn't rebooted correctly, so I can't test.

Going to be have to be someone other than me as I'm around from home and had to powerdown my server as had an electrician round, would you believe the wimp needed to cut the power to the house, for some reason my server hasn't rebooted correctly, so I can't test.

Just saying because my latest project relies upon hardlinks (i don't see any issues not with CA backup) and if there is one I'd really like it to be fixed

Just saying because my latest project relies upon hardlinks (i don't see any issues not with CA backup) and if there is one I'd really like it to be fixed

Fancy testing smokeping?  ;D

Fancy testing smokeping?  ;D

Fine..  You're my nemesis now. 

Fine..  You're my nemesis now. 

Please ensure you post your results and don't forget to submit a bug report if necessary.....  8)

Sparklyballs is rubbing off on you.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not...  I did like you better before.

Seems to work fine mapping both /data and /config to /mnt/user/.... running 6.3RC3  ie: No fault found, and since I don't believe there have been any changes since 6.2 RC4 (since the support for special unix files came into effect), I don't know what the issue may be...

Seems to work fine mapping both /data and /config to /mnt/user/.... running 6.3RC3  ie: No fault found, and since I don't believe there have been any changes since 6.2 RC4 (since the support for special unix files came into effect), I don't know what the issue may be...

My docker share that also is seen on /mnt/user/docker is set to "Use cache disk only".. that might be why..

Not quite sure what you're getting at.

The way it works is this:

/mnt/user/ shows all shares whether they're on cache or not

/mnt/user0/ shows all shares EXCEPT those on cache

/mnt/cache/ or /mnt/diskx/  (Where x =drive number) shows the files on that disk only

So whether you see something at /mnt/user/ has no bearing on whether it uses cache or not. 

What we were wondering your issue was is that /mnt/user/ & /mnt/user0/ uses FUSE to, well, fuse or amalgamate all the disks together.  Historically this has created issues for some, but not all, docker containers, however it's supposed to have been fixed in recent releases of Unraid.

However, at the moment, nobody can recreate the issue you were seeing, so I don't think that was the issue.  It has to be something local to you.  Only other thing that springs to mind is that you have another folder other than the cache one that's also contributing to /mnt/user/docker/smokeping/  like one at /mnt/diskX/docker/smokeping/  that is "interfering" somehow.

Other than that I think we'd all be at a loss to explain your issue at the moment.

My docker share that also is seen on /mnt/user/docker is set to "Use cache disk only".. that might be why..

All cache only shares are also seen under /mnt/user.  The only possibility I see and it doesn't make any sense is the format of the cache drive itself.  Mine is XFS, what's yours?

All cache only shares are also seen under /mnt/user.  The only possibility I see and it doesn't make any sense is the format of the cache drive itself.  Mine is XFS, what's yours?

I have 2 drives as the cache drive.. it's using btrfs

@CHBMB - I just checked all the disk shares and there is no stray  /mnt/diskX/docker/smokeping/ directory anywhere.

I'll try and revert my /data entry again to see if the issue comes back..

Yup, after changing /data to point back to /mnt/user/docker/smokeping/ I get the errors again...

FPing: probing 20 targets with step 300 s and offset 48 s.
RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/Sun.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/IU.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/UCB.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/MIT.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/UCSD.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/Europe/Germany/TelefonicaDE.rrd': No such device

changing /data back to /mnt/cache/docker/smokeping/ now..