[Support] Snoopy - Logitech Media Server, Emoncms, Ubuntu, FFmpeg

Hi there!

I notice that the front page of the LMS GUI is saying that there is a new version available.

Do I have to wait for a new docker version to come out, or can I run the update command:

sudo dpkg -i /config/cache/updates/logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1469176740_amd64.deb

Just not sure as I haven't run LMS as a Docker before.

Many thanks.

I'm new to UnRaid and the whole docker thing, and have been trying to built up a tower to replace what my old windows based system was doing - one of which was running Logitech Media Server.  I have installed and configured your docker, but it will not start, and nothing presents in the Docker's log when I try to start it, and the following shows in the system log:

Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'LogitechMediaServer'
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower kernel: device veth82d5ba2 entered promiscuous mode
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth82d5ba2) entered forwarding state
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth82d5ba2) entered forwarding state
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth82d5ba2) entered disabled state
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower avahi-daemon[11582]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth8e27e03.
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower kernel: device veth82d5ba2 left promiscuous mode
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth82d5ba2) entered disabled state
Jul 29 10:24:23 Tower avahi-daemon[11582]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth82d5ba2.

EDIT:  Well, It's working now - i changed the network mode from Bridge to Host, and it fired right no - no idea what bridged wasn't working - but this'll do!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just re-downloaded your LMS docker and it won't start anymore. Used to run fine, didn't change the config folder or anything else, just re-downloaded the latest version of the container. Any idea what could be going on here? Thanks a lot.

Update: I just noticed a new variable that wasn't there before: /var/run/dbus mapped to /var/run/dbus - could this be (part of) the problem?

Update 2: Having read the previous post I changed bridge mode to host mode and the docker now starts. Strange thing is, it has been working fine in bridge mode for months until this afternoon...

Hello. Please bear with me as I'm still new to Linux/Docker. I've installed ubuntu-xrdp with the stock settings and bridged mode. It seems to start successfully, but I have no success connecting to it via windows rdp. On the same network. With no other dockers running, I've put in the web address of the unraid server, ubuntu as the user name, PASSWD as the password. Windows 10 RDP always comes back with a protocol error. I've tried turning off the firewall.

What else might I try?

Thanks so much!!

Bobby

UPDATE: The issue turned out to be WIN 10 Remote Desktop App from the app store. It would not connect. The original RDP App (yeah, their both called Remote Desktop App) that comes in Windows worked fine.

Hi Snoopy,

Great work on these dockers - I recently migrated to your LMS docker from dfjardim's with no issues as I wanted the airplay integration, which is working well.

I was also hoping to get airplay working the other way - using LMS as an airplay receiver. It seems that some good work has been done on a plugin that can do this: called Shairport2: https://github.com/disaster123/shairport2_plugin

I've had a go at installing but can't seem to work out the dependencies. I was hoping you might be able to add it to your container?

Cheers.

Did you try instaling shairtunes2 plugin? I'm using it to play spotify from iphone to LMS player trough airplay and it works great.

Ah! Good point... I must have tried with only the old container. Intsalled from http://raw.github.com/disaster123/shairport2_plugin/master/public.xml and it's working great. Thanks! :)

Now that is cool! Been meaning to send you a donation, snoopy. Donation sent!

Yes, indeed. Beer donated, thanks Snoopy... Been trying to get this all working for a while :)

Did you try instaling shairtunes2 plugin? I'm using it to play spotify from iphone to LMS player trough airplay and it works great.

Ah! Good point... I must have tried with only the old container. Intsalled from http://raw.github.com/disaster123/shairport2_plugin/master/public.xml and it's working great. Thanks! :)

Now that is cool! Been meaning to send you a donation, snoopy. Donation sent!

Yes, indeed. Beer donated, thanks Snoopy... Been trying to get this all working for a while :)

Playing LMS on my airtunes devices was also cool but not nearly as useful for me as playing airtunes on my squeeze devices. That might just be enough to inspire me to finally build my own squeeze device.

Hi Snoopy! Thanks for your work.

I'm getting my LMS container logs full of:

avahi-daemon 0.6.31 exiting.

Found user 'avahi' (UID 104) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).

Successfully dropped root privileges.

avahi-daemon 0.6.31 starting up.

dbus_bus_get_private(): Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

WARNING: Failed to contact D-Bus daemon.

Is there a way to fix it?

• 1 month later...

dbus_bus_get_private(): Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Do you have it running as host and not as bridge?

Do you have it running as host and not as bridge?

Oops... Yes, fixed setting as bridge.

Inviato dal mio D5803 utilizzando Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi Snoopy

Do you think it would be possible to include the MusicIP server? You can download it from here: http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-software

Installation instructions are here: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Integrating_MusicIP_with_SqueezeCenter or http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-linux

Note that you don't need to analyse files or install a Gui. Just configure mmm.ini and copy mmserver to /etc/init.d/ and map port 10002 in the docker. The user can decide to use it or not.

Regards

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just installed the LMS container via CA and it didn't start. I got the following error message:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="LogitechMediaServer" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -p 3483:3483/tcp -p 3483:3483/udp -p 5353:5353/udp -p 9000:9000/tcp -p 9090:9090/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Musik/":"/music":rw -v "/var/run/dbus":"/var/run/dbus":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer":"/config":rw snoopy86/logitechmediaserver

7fc7878ece353e41b2af1efec0b54639971e4c7a8c96fa51f5ae5411ad60152d

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create endpoint LogitechMediaServer on network bridge: Error starting userland proxy: listen udp 0.0.0.0:5353: bind: address already in use.

The command failed.

Thanks for your help.

Andreas