NZBGet+OpenVPN +Torguard

Alibaba

Hi Guys not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm trying to wanting to run NZBget through an openVPN tunnel. I've been trying to use the NZBGet-vpn docker container from Bungy's repository.

I'm trying to use torguard rather than airvpn or Private Internet Access.

I've downloaded the certificate and renamed one of the ovpn files for a particular server to ovpn.ovpn adding them both to the NZBget/openVPN folder  and then added my user name and password in along with the server address, port and used custom  for the provider. When I added it I get:

d --name="nzbgetvpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e VPN_USER="XXXXX" -e VPN_PASS="XXXXX" -e VPN_REMOTE="XXXXXX.com" -e VPN_PORT="XXXX" -e VPN_PROV="custom" -e TZ="XXXXXX" -p 6789:6789/tcp

NZBget works, however it also seems to work if I omit the password or server url as well. So I'm not sure the traffic is actually using the VPN?

Just wondering if there is any other way to check it has worked?

Has anyone had success using any other VPN providers with this docker container other than airvpn or PIA. Or will it not work?

I've looked into to trying the OpenVPN plugin, while I can get it connecting for some reason its incredibly slow (300kbs compared to 20mbps I can get compared to be normal connection if I use the same VPN server on my macbook with SABnzbd) and I'm running a plex and subsonic server as well so ideally just want to have NZBget to run through the VPN.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...

I was just getting ready to post a long winded message about how I would like to get Deluge / NZBGet / etc to work with my Torguard account as well, as I need to keep my traffic masked from my pesky ISP.

I'm not sure how to set things up properly, so a quick run down how to, would be very appreciated.

After this question is answered, I get to bang my head against the wall figuring out how to incorporate Couchpotato / Sonar with my plex request & my download client...

I love unRIAD & it's community, but diving through 100's of thousands of posts for support is just so... frustrating.  Especially when you barely have no time to look..

Hope we can get some help

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2017 at 6:57 PM, David Abusiewiez said:

Probably a longshot, but any updates on this? Trying to get TorGuard set up with a torrent client.

I have only ever been able to get torguard to work with qBittorrent in windows.  Im trying to do the same thing in unraid but also failing.

Archived