[support] rix's Docker Repository

rix

9 minutes ago, rix said:

What commands did you run. If I know how to improve the image, ill gladly do so ;)

I'm sorry, I don't know much about dockers and stuff like this.

There was problem with the version 1.16.4 so I installed Ubuntu-Playground (via unraid). After that I used these instructions to install makemkv (1.16.5) and libraries. For some reason I did not get ripper.sh to work with my own docker so after you released 1.16.5 I tried it. But I had problems with missing libraries. I copied them manually from my docker.

After that I noticed that your docker (1.16.5) does not include 'eject' command, so the ripper.sh did not work correctly. I manually downloaded the package from here and installed it with 'dpkg -i <deb file>' and now everything seems to work.

Edited by jafi
Just now, jafi said:

I'm sorry, I don't much about dockers and stuff like this.

There was problem with the version 1.16.4 so I installed Ubuntu-Playground (via unraid). After that I used these instructions to install makemkv (1.16.5) and libraries. For some reason I did not get ripper.sh to work with my own docker so after you released 1.16.5 I tried it. But I had problems with missing libraries. I copied them manually from my docker.

After that I noticed that your docker (1.16.5) does not include 'eject' command, so the ripper.sh did not work correctly. I manually downloaded the package from here and installed it with 'dpkg -i <deb file>' and now everything seems to work.

what shared libraries were missing exactly?

First off, thank you rix for developing this awesome app.

I'm posting this here to help other users can make use of this information. No action required - the problem was resolved by updating the ripper docker. If you feel that this post is too basic, please feel free to remove. 

I installed ripper via Unraid Community Applications. It runs as a docker. This was months ago. Things were working great. 

Not being very familiar with docker, I didn't know how to check the version, or even update the version. Or even know that the version was the cause of the problem I was having.  Honestly, I was expecting Unraid to have a little "update" option for each installed application within the Apps tab. 

Problem: At some point, for some reason, ripper just wouldn't rip. It would spit out the dvd after a few seconds and drop a blank folder into the Finished folder. For every dvd. 

Steps:

I googled "unraid logs." first result said to go here: http://tower/log/syslog

When I do that, I saw:

Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: sr 2:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#21 Sense Key : 0x5 [current] 
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: sr 2:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#21 ASC=0x6f ASCQ=0x3 
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: sr 2:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#21 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 02 00
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 8192 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 0
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sr0, logical block 1024, async page read

Started googling, and that lead me to believe that there was something wrong trying to read the disk. 

Changed the SATA cable

Tried a different SATA port on the motherboard

Bought a new dvd drive

Nothing worked. 

Finally happened upon this thread within the unraid forums, and saw in a previous post that there was a ripper-specific log available: cat /mnt/user/appdata/ripper/Ripper.log

When I did that, I saw:

MSG:5021,131332,1,"This application version is too old.  Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.","This application version is too old.  Please download the latest version at %1 or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.","http://www.makemkv.com/"
MSG:1005,0,1,"MakeMKV v1.16.5 linux(x64-release) started","%1 started","MakeMKV v1.16.5 linux(x64-release)"
MSG:5074,0,0,"Automatic checking for updates is enabled, you may disable it in preferences if you don't want MakeMKV to contact web server.","Automatic checking for updates is enabled, you may disable it in preferences if you don't want MakeMKV to contact web server."

At that point, I started exploring in the UI how the heck to update ripper, thinking that the image might be old. I figured, if I didn't know how to update ripper, then I probably never updated it since installing it. 

Found it under Docker > Check for updates > then run the update using the link in the Version column.

Success!

Basically, I didn't know where to look for the ripper-specific logs, and I didn't know how to update the app. 

Thanks again! I'm a happy camper. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/10/2021 at 12:12 AM, blackbeardrrr said:

First off, thank you rix for developing this awesome app.

I'm posting this here to help other users can make use of this information. No action required - the problem was resolved by updating the ripper docker. If you feel that this post is too basic, please feel free to remove. 

I installed ripper via Unraid Community Applications. It runs as a docker. This was months ago. Things were working great. 

Not being very familiar with docker, I didn't know how to check the version, or even update the version. Or even know that the version was the cause of the problem I was having.  Honestly, I was expecting Unraid to have a little "update" option for each installed application within the Apps tab. 

Problem: At some point, for some reason, ripper just wouldn't rip. It would spit out the dvd after a few seconds and drop a blank folder into the Finished folder. For every dvd. 

Steps:

I googled "unraid logs." first result said to go here: http://tower/log/syslog

When I do that, I saw:

Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: sr 2:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#21 Sense Key : 0x5 [current] 
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: sr 2:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#21 ASC=0x6f ASCQ=0x3 
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: sr 2:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#21 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 02 00
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 8192 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 0
Nov  7 21:11:38 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sr0, logical block 1024, async page read

Started googling, and that lead me to believe that there was something wrong trying to read the disk. 

Changed the SATA cable

Tried a different SATA port on the motherboard

Bought a new dvd drive

Nothing worked. 

Finally happened upon this thread within the unraid forums, and saw in a previous post that there was a ripper-specific log available: cat /mnt/user/appdata/ripper/Ripper.log

When I did that, I saw:

MSG:5021,131332,1,"This application version is too old.  Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.","This application version is too old.  Please download the latest version at %1 or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.","http://www.makemkv.com/"
MSG:1005,0,1,"MakeMKV v1.16.5 linux(x64-release) started","%1 started","MakeMKV v1.16.5 linux(x64-release)"
MSG:5074,0,0,"Automatic checking for updates is enabled, you may disable it in preferences if you don't want MakeMKV to contact web server.","Automatic checking for updates is enabled, you may disable it in preferences if you don't want MakeMKV to contact web server."

At that point, I started exploring in the UI how the heck to update ripper, thinking that the image might be old. I figured, if I didn't know how to update ripper, then I probably never updated it since installing it. 

Found it under Docker > Check for updates > then run the update using the link in the Version column.

Success!

Basically, I didn't know where to look for the ripper-specific logs, and I didn't know how to update the app. 

Thanks again! I'm a happy camper. 

Highly recommend installing the CA APPLICATION AUTO UPDATE plug-in. You can customize when and which apps get automatically updated. 

• Thanks 1

Hello @rix

first of all thank you for the docker.

I encountered problems after installation.
The docker that is pulled is the manual build. Among other things, abcde is missing in this build , but also various other binaries. 

Result, the CD/DVD/Blueray are read briefly and then immediately ejected with no furhter action...

After a search on your Github and Docker page, I manually changed the container to "rix1337/docker-ripper:latest". With this everything seems to work.

Means the "Manuel build" might not be quite ok at the moment?

Greetings
Tom

1 hour ago, TomK1412 said:

Hello @rix

first of all thank you for the docker.

I encountered problems after installation.
The docker that is pulled is the manual build. Among other things, abcde is missing in this build , but also various other binaries. 

Result, the CD/DVD/Blueray are read briefly and then immediately ejected with no furhter action...

After a search on your Github and Docker page, I manually changed the container to "rix1337/docker-ripper:latest". With this everything seems to work.

Means the "Manuel build" might not be quite ok at the moment?

Greetings
Tom

Please list all missing binaries and libraries you encountered

3 hours ago, rix said:

Please list all missing binaries and libraries you encountered

Try to do so...

# find / -iname abcde*
/ripper/abcde.conf

I think /usr/bin/abcde is missing

# find / -iname makemkvcon       
/usr/local/bin/makemkvcon

makemkvcon seams to be there

# find / -iname ddrescue*

did not fidn anything, so ddrescue is missing

"eject" seems to work, like every other command in "ripper.sh"

Hope that helps,

Tom

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, TomK1412 said:

Try to do so...

# find / -iname abcde*
/ripper/abcde.conf

I think /usr/bin/abcde is missing

# find / -iname makemkvcon       
/usr/local/bin/makemkvcon

makemkvcon seams to be there

# find / -iname ddrescue*

did not fidn anything, so ddrescue is missing

"eject" seems to work, like every other command in "ripper.sh"

Hope that helps,

Tom

Seems both tools got lost when I fixed the setup

abcde and ddrescue should be available once the new build is complete

Just a question re ripper.
Have installed this via docker , not using it on my unraid system it's just installed in a linux distro.
I have two dvd drives, One is an old sata one and the other is out of a laptop with the adapter to change it to usb

Sata shows as /dev/sr0 and the usb one as /dev/sr1

The sata one works great drop a dvd in and wham its doing its thing. It does not seem to pickup the usb one though even though its showing as a dvd drive.

No drama about it was just wondering if there would be anything stopping it from seeing the usb one or where else I could look for clues.

Both are mapped fine in the container

Edited by JaseNZ
2 hours ago, JaseNZ said:

Just a question re ripper.
Have installed this via docker , not using it on my unraid system it's just installed in a linux distro.
I have two dvd drives, One is an old sata one and the other is out of a laptop with the adapter to change it to usb

Sata shows as /dev/sr0 and the usb one as /dev/sr1

The sata one works great drop a dvd in and wham its doing its thing. It does not seem to pickup the usb one though even though its showing as a dvd drive.

No drama about it was just wondering if there would be anything stopping it from seeing the usb one or where else I could look for clues.

Both are mapped fine in the container

One drive per container instance, see:

https://github.com/rix1337/docker-ripper#how-do-i-rip-from-multiple-drives-simultaneously

3 hours ago, rix said:

Build is complete, please give feedback.

# find / -iname abcde*
/etc/abcde.conf
find: ‘/sys/kernel/slab’: Input/output error
/usr/bin/abcde
/usr/bin/abcde-musicbrainz-tool
/usr/share/doc/abcde
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.conffiles
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.preinst
/ripper/abcde.conf

Seems to be there, but inserting a Music CD, the CD was still ejected after 2 to 3 seconds

Error in log-file ->

root@UNRAID:/mnt/user/appdata/ripper2# cat Ripper.log
[ERROR] abcde: eyeD3 is not in your path.
[INFO] Define the full path to the executable if it exists on your system.
[INFO] Hint: sudo apt-get install

# find / -iname exed3*

# find / -iname eyeD3* 

# find / -iname eyeD3

Seems eye3D to be missing

1 hour ago, TomK1412 said:
# find / -iname abcde*
/etc/abcde.conf
find: ‘/sys/kernel/slab’: Input/output error
/usr/bin/abcde
/usr/bin/abcde-musicbrainz-tool
/usr/share/doc/abcde
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.conffiles
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/abcde.preinst
/ripper/abcde.conf

Seems to be there, but inserting a Music CD, the CD was still ejected after 2 to 3 seconds

Error in log-file ->

root@UNRAID:/mnt/user/appdata/ripper2# cat Ripper.log
[ERROR] abcde: eyeD3 is not in your path.
[INFO] Hint: sudo apt-get install

# find / -iname exed3*

# find / -iname eyeD3* 

# find / -iname eyeD3

Seems eye3D to be missing

Try the latest build please.

2 hours ago, rix said:

Try the latest build please.

Deleted and loaded again:

Container ID: fc8add089874
By: rix1337/docker-ripper

manual-lates...

16.11.2021 18:00:12 : Disc still loading
16.11.2021 18:01:13 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
16.11.2021 18:01:13 : Done! Ejecting Disk
16.11.2021 18:02:16 : Disk tray open

CD-Folder empty

# cat Ripper.log

MSG:3332,16908288,2,"Saved FW dump file as file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz","Saved %1 dump file as %2","FW","file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz"
MSG:3347,131072,2,"Please send the file \"file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz\" to [email protected]","Please send the file \"%1\" to %2","file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz","[email protected]"
DRV:0,2,999,1,"BD-RE PIONEER BD-RW   BDR-S12 1.01 TJDL001379WL","DVDVolume","/dev/sr0"
DRV:1,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:2,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:3,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:4,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:5,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:6,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:7,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:8,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:9,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:10,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:11,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:12,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:13,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:14,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:15,256,999,0,"","",""
MSG:3007,0,0,"Using direct disc access mode","Using direct disc access mode"
MSG:3024,4096,2,"Complex multiplex encountered - 15 cells and 10637 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.","Complex multiplex encountered - %1 cells and %2 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.","15","10637"
[ERROR] abcde: lame is not in your path.
[INFO] Hint: sudo apt-get install lame

# find / -iname lame

# 

Seems now is "lame" missing

17 hours ago, rix said:

Yup sorry I didn't mention that they are running as seperate containers. Not too worried somebody is dropping me off 3 other sata dvd drives so will have a play and see if I can get them all running.
I have a box set of tv series I want to preserve that spans around 75 discs lol

Edited by JaseNZ
On 11/16/2021 at 6:08 PM, TomK1412 said:

Deleted and loaded again:

Container ID: fc8add089874
By: rix1337/docker-ripper

manual-lates...

16.11.2021 18:00:12 : Disc still loading
16.11.2021 18:01:13 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
16.11.2021 18:01:13 : Done! Ejecting Disk
16.11.2021 18:02:16 : Disk tray open

CD-Folder empty

# cat Ripper.log

MSG:3332,16908288,2,"Saved FW dump file as file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz","Saved %1 dump file as %2","FW","file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz"
MSG:3347,131072,2,"Please send the file \"file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz\" to [email protected]","Please send the file \"%1\" to %2","file:///tmp/MakeMKV-0x68d-2.tmp/dump_FW_046941B5173AE11A4C78.tgz","[email protected]"
DRV:0,2,999,1,"BD-RE PIONEER BD-RW   BDR-S12 1.01 TJDL001379WL","DVDVolume","/dev/sr0"
DRV:1,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:2,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:3,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:4,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:5,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:6,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:7,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:8,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:9,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:10,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:11,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:12,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:13,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:14,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:15,256,999,0,"","",""
MSG:3007,0,0,"Using direct disc access mode","Using direct disc access mode"
MSG:3024,4096,2,"Complex multiplex encountered - 15 cells and 10637 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.","Complex multiplex encountered - %1 cells and %2 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.","15","10637"
[ERROR] abcde: lame is not in your path.
[INFO] Hint: sudo apt-get install lame

# find / -iname lame

# 

Seems now is "lame" missing

Should be available with the next push.

I'm having an unusual problem. First time I'm trying to use the Ripper docker to rip an iso. I've already used it successfully to rip audio, dvd, blu-ray. When I try to rip an iso (insert data disc):

The unraid docker log shows it loading the disc

then it "looks like it works"

then it says it completed successfully

then it ejects the disc

Upon inspection of the out path - the folder structure for the disc is created in ../DATA, but no iso or files are created in the folder.

Inspection of the Ripper.log reveals the line: ddrescue: Too many files

I opened the ripper.sh in nano to inspect the command. I can manually type in my ssh unraid terminal: ddrescue /dev/sr0 iso.iso and it works to create an iso from the disc.

What do I need to do to correct the error? Multiple data discs were tried with the same result. I am a bit of a noob so please go easy on me I might be missing something obvious.