[support] rix's Docker Repository

rix

In attempting to solve this my google search may have revealed that ddrescue struggles with spaces in volume names. Which isn't a problem with ripper, it might be a problem with ddrescue. The data discs I was trying to rip did indeed have spaces in their volume names. How do I overcome this?

edit: maybe struggles isn't the right word. Something to do with the "escape characters" like this "file\ with\ spaces\ in\ it"

Maybe the ripper script is feeding ddrescue the volume name without escape characters or ddrescue is not liking the spaces.

I think I've identified the problem, but I don't know how to solve the problem.

Edited by wildfire305
more info
7 hours ago, wildfire305 said:

I'm having an unusual problem. First time I'm trying to use the Ripper docker to rip an iso. I've already used it successfully to rip audio, dvd, blu-ray. When I try to rip an iso (insert data disc):

The unraid docker log shows it loading the disc

then it "looks like it works"

then it says it completed successfully

then it ejects the disc

Upon inspection of the out path - the folder structure for the disc is created in ../DATA, but no iso or files are created in the folder.

Inspection of the Ripper.log reveals the line: ddrescue: Too many files

I opened the ripper.sh in nano to inspect the command. I can manually type in my ssh unraid terminal: ddrescue /dev/sr0 iso.iso and it works to create an iso from the disc.

What do I need to do to correct the error? Multiple data discs were tried with the same result. I am a bit of a noob so please go easy on me I might be missing something obvious.

Your first starting point is editing the ripper.sh

You will find a command for ddrescue there

I can pass escape characters to ddrescue and it works fine in terminal. So the problem has something to do with the ripper.sh script. What I don't know is why it fails when the script sends $ISOPATH to it with a volume with spaces in its name. I'm not good enough in linux to diagnose or fix that yet. I don't know what I need to change in the script to make that work. I would like to have it replace the spaces with underscores, but I don't know the syntax to get that done.

39 minutes ago, wildfire305 said:

I can pass escape characters to ddrescue and it works fine in terminal. So the problem has something to do with the ripper.sh script. What I don't know is why it fails when the script sends $ISOPATH to it with a volume with spaces in its name. I'm not good enough in linux to diagnose or fix that yet. I don't know what I need to change in the script to make that work. I would like to have it replace the spaces with underscores, but I don't know the syntax to get that done.

Try the latest version. I have included quotes around isopath.

You of course need to delete your local ripper.sh for the update to take effect.

Hi, I've been trying to set up Ripper so that it encodes only to one format - I don't want MP3 and FLAC so I'm assuming that my ripping time per disk will decrease if I choose one rather than both. 

The instructions for how to do this earlier in this thread seem out of date - they refer to a line in the ripper.sh file which doesn't seem to exist. The instructions on github for controlling audio encoding options refer to making edits in abcde.conf and I cannot locate this file. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been trying to use this to rip a CD but my logs look like this:

13.12.2021 20:38:25 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
13.12.2021 20:38:25 : Done! Ejecting Disk
chown: cannot access '/out/Ripper/CD': No such file or directory

Any ideas?  I have used this in the past and it worked first time. Not sure why it's stopped working now.

I'd love to get this CD ripped correctly.

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by rctneil

Sounds like you may need to look at your allocated path for the output directory on the settings page and confirm it to be correct. I noticed that I have privileged turned on for mine, although I am not sure why I have that set. Perhaps I had the same issue as you and that fixed it. Anyone Correct me if I am wrong, but I think "privileged" enables root access to the file system for the docker. 

29 minutes ago, wildfire305 said:

Sounds like you may need to look at your allocated path for the output directory on the settings page and confirm it to be correct. I noticed that I have privileged turned on for mine, although I am not sure why I have that set. Perhaps I had the same issue as you and that fixed it. Anyone Correct me if I am wrong, but I think "privileged" enables root access to the file system for the docker. 

Hi,   Privileged is on already and my output path is "/mnt/user/Downloads/" which is fine.   I've tried changing it but it makes no difference.

Anyone any other ideas?

Thanks

Mine is copied the Sr line and replaced it with the sg number. I doubt it will fix the problem because it sounds like you are having an output problem rather than an input problem. Perform "ls -l /your output directory parent directory/" and see if what the permissions are for it. Perhaps it has an issue. You could run the "docker safe new permissions" tool from the tools directory to correct them if it is not rwxrwxrwx. 

Just now, wildfire305 said:

You could also try changing the output directory to something else. Or if you in a hurry the program "exact audio copy" is free and I think it works well. I use this docker over that though. 

Every output directory i try seems to have the same issue.  

I would use Exact Audio Copy but I don't have any VM's set up and it seems overkill to create one just for this.