[support] rix's Docker Repository

rix

19 hours ago, Szaraa said:

Is there a way to have Ripper utilize an Nvidia GPU for DVD/BluRay encoding? 

Has anybody attempted NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=all + NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=GPUID ?

Or is this not the function of MakeMKV and would require the Nvidia enabled Handbrake to take advantage of the GPU? 

Thanks.

Video encoding is out of scope of this project. Please look elsewhere.

Also, when ripping a CD, Ripper ejects the disc with a single file (no extension) that is zero bytes.

This file appears both in the Ripper/CD/mp3/[artist] and Ripper/CD/flac/[artist] folder that ripper created.  However, there's no actual audio files. 

Thanks again. 

*** Init system aborted.
*** Killing all processes...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/ripper.sh...
Found settings.conf. Replacing beta key file.
22.08.2020 17:55:40 : Starting Ripper. Optical Discs will be detected and ripped within 60 seconds.
rm: cannot remove '*.tmp': No such file or directory
22.08.2020 17:55:41 : Disc still loading
rm: cannot remove '*.tmp': No such file or directory
22.08.2020 17:56:43 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
22.08.2020 18:06:31 : Done! Ejecting Disk

• 2 weeks later...

@rix Can you update the ripper docker to include java? I've found a few blurays here and there that seem to eternally rip infinite copies. I was deleting all but 1 (they were all the same size) thinking they were just the same video file and for some reason the blueray was causing them to re-rip infinitely. Now I'm seeing its actually protection that relies on bdjava functions. So now its looking like I may have a few videos where they are out of sequence chapters :( .

http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/

MSG:3007,0,0,"Using direct disc access mode","Using direct disc access mode"
MSG:5085,0,0,"Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.","Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files."
MSG:3345,131072,1,"This disc requires Java runtime (JRE), but none was found. Certain functions will fail, please install Java. See http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/ for details.","This disc requires Java runtime (JRE), but none was found. Certain functions will fail, please install Java. See %1 for details.","http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/"

Hey guys. Anyone else having this problem?

I can get the Ripper container to rip ISOs and DVDs without a problem... but anytime I use CDs, there's suddenly a problem.

I checked in the Ripper.log file, and it says that

"Rip file *insert here* not found...

Ripping *insert here*...

Trying again without paranoia.

cdparanoia III release 10.2 (September 11, 2008)

006: Could not read any data from drive

cdparanoia could not find a way to read audio from this drive.

cdparanoia failed on track *insert here*

Rip file *insert here* not found..."

I've tried reinstalling the container several times.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, NajChris11 said:

Hey guys. Anyone else having this problem?

I can get the Ripper container to rip ISOs and DVDs without a problem... but anytime I use CDs, there's suddenly a problem.

I checked in the Ripper.log file, and it says that

"Rip file *insert here* not found...

Ripping *insert here*...

Trying again without paranoia.

cdparanoia III release 10.2 (September 11, 2008)

cdparanoia failed on track *insert here*

Rip file *insert here* not found..."

I've tried reinstalling the container several times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure you are posting in the right Thread? My ripper uses ripit for audio cds. cdparanoia is AFAIK not part of the script/image.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:35 AM, Darksurf said:

@rix Can you update the ripper docker to include java? I've found a few blurays here and there that seem to eternally rip infinite copies. I was deleting all but 1 (they were all the same size) thinking they were just the same video file and for some reason the blueray was causing them to re-rip infinitely. Now I'm seeing its actually protection that relies on bdjava functions. So now its looking like I may have a few videos where they are out of sequence chapters :( .

http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/

MSG:3007,0,0,"Using direct disc access mode","Using direct disc access mode"
MSG:5085,0,0,"Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.","Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files."
MSG:3345,131072,1,"This disc requires Java runtime (JRE), but none was found. Certain functions will fail, please install Java. See http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/ for details.","This disc requires Java runtime (JRE), but none was found. Certain functions will fail, please install Java. See %1 for details.","http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/"

Thats reasonable. Ill look into adding some jre.

• Thanks 1
On 9/8/2020 at 2:47 AM, rix said:

Are you sure you are posting in the right Thread? My ripper uses ripit for audio cds. cdparanoia is AFAIK not part of the script/image.

This is the thread for docker-ripper right? Thats the container i was running and that's what it says when I try to use it to rip audio CDs. I'm installing the latest update right now and I can take a screenshot to include if necessary.

Thanks.

Having an issue getting the GooglePhotosSync docker up and running. I have it running on an Ubuntu VM but would like to move to this docker.

I made sure to pass through the /config and /storage folders and my client_secret.json is in the /config location but I'm getting an error that looks like it can't see the file.

My Install Command:

docker run -d --name='GooglePhotosSync' \
--net='bridge' \
-e TZ="America/Chicago" \
-e HOST_OS="Unraid" \
-v '/mnt/user/Google Photos':'/storage':'rw' \
-v '/mnt/user/appdata/GooglePhotosSync':'/config':'rw' \
'rix1337/docker-gphotos-sync' 

error.png

secret.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 10:16 AM, TeKo said:

Is the GoogleMusicManager not working anymore? Im getting "Can't connect to Google Play". I dont think there is a solution for Youtube Music yet, at least I wasnt able to find one.

Google is killing off Google Play Music in attempt to force everyone over to Youtube Music. Because its not ready and every is complaining about how bad it sucks, they've been on a mad dash to try and add some level of feature parity because they know its not ready, but don't care. I've downloaded all my music and ported all over to Plexamp (Plex, but special music player that works on Android/iOS/Linux/Windows/Mac).

Youtube Music will be a streaming service only. You will not be able to purchase music or download your music like you had the ability in GPM. When GPM dies, you'll lose the ability to download your music, so get it now while you still can. They shut it down this December.

Edited by Darksurf
Clarification

@rix 

I  wanted to give you and update on the addition of java. It works GREAT! the files now have more info than just t00.mkv, t01.mkv, t02.mkv! I just did Jumanji The Next Level and the file names come out like this "Jumanji- The Next Level-FPL_MainFeature_t00.mkv" "Jumanji- The Next Level-SF_CS_PlayAll_t02.mkv" "Jumanji- The Next Level-SF_Level_Up_Making_t01.mkv". I now know what the MainFeature is without having to search/hunt it down! Excellent addition!

Edited by Darksurf
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey! I'm having some trouble with ripper. Can't get it to work for CDs that has either artist or album name with special characters (å, ä, ö, [ ] etc) . It tries to rip, but it seems it is unable to create the folders. CDs with only regular characters work fine. Is it something with my config? 

Edited by Phonejudgement
11 hours ago, Phonejudgement said:

Hey! I'm having some trouble with ripper. Can't get it to work for CDs that has either artist or album name with special characters (å, ä, ö, [ ] etc) . It tries to rip, but it seems it is unable to create the folders. CDs with only regular characters work fine. Is it something with my config? 

It could be the script ripper.sh. special characters tend to need to be broken out with a "\" before they're allowed to be used in bash/shell scripts etc. You might take a look and see if you can edit the script by copying the cd ripping line that creates the folder and statically name the folder and comment out the original line.

5 hours ago, Darksurf said:

It could be the script ripper.sh. special characters tend to need to be broken out with a "\" before they're allowed to be used in bash/shell scripts etc. You might take a look and see if you can edit the script by copying the cd ripping line that creates the folder and statically name the folder and comment out the original line.

Thanks! I'll try that and see how it goes. 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:31 PM, Phonejudgement said:

Thanks! I'll try that and see how it goes. 

I've actually come across the same problem! If you can use the command line to check where the files would normally be located, the files are all there and will show up in a normal file manager after a quick rename. But yeah I think tweaking the the .sh file to maybe even omit special characters would definitely help.

@Phonejudgement

Edited by NajChris11
tag relevant user

Hey! I had a weird problem with Docker the other day, and after a restart, I went back into the Ripper log to find these errors. Any ideas as to how I can remedy this?

scsi_read error: sector=188698 length=27 retry=0
                 Sense key: 3 ASC: 11 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Medium reading data from medium
                 System error: Input/output error
scsi_read error: sector=188698 length=13 retry=1
scsi_read error: sector=188698 length=6 retry=2

These errors repeated for a few days until I caught them. They actually may have been the cause of the Docker error but I'm not entirely sure.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, NajChris11 said:

I've actually come across the same problem! If you can use the command line to check where the files would normally be located, the files are all there and will show up in a normal file manager after a quick rename. But yeah I think tweaking the the .sh file to maybe even omit special characters would definitely help.

@Phonejudgement

Sure, I am also interested in a fix. Please let me know if you find a modification that I can then place in ripper.sh for all users.

2 hours ago, NajChris11 said:

scsi_read error: sector=188698 length=27 retry=0

Haven't come across this error and google does not yield anything useful as well.

If you find a reason I'll try to fix this, if you solve it yourself please let us know so I can improve the docker image.

Thanks for yor posts and sorry I cannot help with solving the issues you have come across.

• Like 1
On 11/5/2020 at 9:38 AM, rix said:

Haven't come across this error and google does not yield anything useful as well.

If you find a reason I'll try to fix this, if you solve it yourself please let us know so I can improve the docker image.

Thank you for your response! It looks like that was a hardware failure on my end that appears any time I try to rip one particular CD. Thank you though!
I'll look into ways to modify the .sh file to either omit special characters or to substitute them with friendlier characters.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been having a problem, I start ripping a DVD and my CPU usage is looking like normal operation so I check the file it gets to about 97MB and then the .MKV file disappears after a little bit of unpredictable waiting the disk ejects and the folder is still empty.

(Normal operation -> .mkv file disappears and the status light on the DVD drive stops -> randomly it ejects)

here is the log for the latest instance.
25.11.2020 05:59:47 : DVD detected: Saving MKV 
'/out/Ripper/DVD/ROOTS_DISC2_SIDE_B' -> '/out/Ripper/DVD/finished/ROOTS_DISC2_SIDE_B'
25.11.2020 06:03:03 : Done! Ejecting Disk

How should I go about diagnosing this? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have installed Ripper, and it works perfectly. Only issue arises when I try to rip CDs with special characters, like "æ" "ø" and "å" (I am Scandinavian). Files are not created at all, or are not created for track titles that have special characters. Any chance of getting this fixed? Really love Ripper otherwise, thanks a lot.  

2 hours ago, PeteRock said:

I have installed Ripper, and it works perfectly. Only issue arises when I try to rip CDs with special characters, like "æ" "ø" and "å" (I am Scandinavian). Files are not created at all, or are not created for track titles that have special characters. Any chance of getting this fixed? Really love Ripper otherwise, thanks a lot.  

I tried but did not manage to. You could try to fix this inside ripper.sh yourself. Send me a pull request once you are done!