[support] rix's Docker Repository


rix

275 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

@rix Did something change with makemkv? It seems the logs shows an attempt to reach an application called ccextractor which isn't in the docker?

 

MSG:5015,131072,4,"Saving 1 titles into directory file:///out/Ripper/DVD/ARCHIVE using profile 'Default' from file '/config/default.mmcp.xml'","Saving %1 titles into directory %2 using profile '%3' from file '%4'","1","file:///out/Ripper/DVD/ARCHIVE","Default","/config/default.mmcp.xml"
MSG:4040,0,1,"Unable to execute external program 'ccextractor' as its path is not set in preferences","Unable to execute external program '%1' as its path is not set in preferences","ccextractor"

Link to post
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

rix's Repository https://github.com/rix1337/docker-templates   Some of my containers are based on linuxserver.io's alpine baseimages. Support their cause at https://www.linuxserver.io/donati

Any apostrophes or the like in the username / password?

Thank you for your response! It looks like that was a hardware failure on my end that appears any time I try to rip one particular CD. Thank you though! I'll look into ways to modify the .sh file to

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Darksurf said:

@rix Did something change with makemkv? It seems the logs shows an attempt to reach an application called ccextractor which isn't in the docker?

 

MSG:5015,131072,4,"Saving 1 titles into directory file:///out/Ripper/DVD/ARCHIVE using profile 'Default' from file '/config/default.mmcp.xml'","Saving %1 titles into directory %2 using profile '%3' from file '%4'","1","file:///out/Ripper/DVD/ARCHIVE","Default","/config/default.mmcp.xml"
MSG:4040,0,1,"Unable to execute external program 'ccextractor' as its path is not set in preferences","Unable to execute external program '%1' as its path is not set in preferences","ccextractor"

Are you trying to get subtitles from a dvd/bluray?

ccextractor is not currently part of this image.

Link to post
On 1/9/2021 at 4:59 AM, Darksurf said:

@rix Did something change with makemkv? It seems the logs shows an attempt to reach an application called ccextractor which isn't in the docker?

 

MSG:5015,131072,4,"Saving 1 titles into directory file:///out/Ripper/DVD/ARCHIVE using profile 'Default' from file '/config/default.mmcp.xml'","Saving %1 titles into directory %2 using profile '%3' from file '%4'","1","file:///out/Ripper/DVD/ARCHIVE","Default","/config/default.mmcp.xml"
MSG:4040,0,1,"Unable to execute external program 'ccextractor' as its path is not set in preferences","Unable to execute external program '%1' as its path is not set in preferences","ccextractor"

Latest image includes ccextractor v.0.88

Let me know if something needs to be changed.

 

jlesage's image includes a line in the settings.conf that guides to the binary.

https://github.com/jlesage/docker-makemkv/blob/master/rootfs/defaults/settings.conf

 

app_ccextractor = "/usr/bin/ccextractor"

 

Please try without changing settings.conf first.

Link to post
On 1/10/2021 at 5:29 AM, rix said:

Latest image includes ccextractor v.0.88

Let me know if something needs to be changed.

 

jlesage's image includes a line in the settings.conf that guides to the binary.

https://github.com/jlesage/docker-makemkv/blob/master/rootfs/defaults/settings.conf

 

app_ccextractor = "/usr/bin/ccextractor"

 

Please try without changing settings.conf first.

Thanks, this was a blueray, but I've seen it with DVDs as well. I'll give it a test and see how it goes! 

Link to post
On 1/10/2021 at 5:29 AM, rix said:

Latest image includes ccextractor v.0.88

Let me know if something needs to be changed.

 

jlesage's image includes a line in the settings.conf that guides to the binary.

https://github.com/jlesage/docker-makemkv/blob/master/rootfs/defaults/settings.conf

 

app_ccextractor = "/usr/bin/ccextractor"

 

Please try without changing settings.conf first.

 

The ccextractor thing is still an issue as the location settings do not match. ccextractor wasn't installed in /usr/bin/ccextractor. Its been installed in /usr/local/bin/ccextractor .  So the errors still exist. I've not added that settings.conf.
 

MSG:5015,131072,4,"Saving 1 titles into directory file:///out/DVD/ADDAMSFAMILY using profile 'Default' from file '/config/default.mmcp.xml'","Saving %1 titles into directory %2 using profile '%3' from file '%4'","1","file:///out/DVD/ADDAMSFAMILY","Default","/config/default.mmcp.xml"
MSG:4040,0,1,"Unable to execute external program 'ccextractor' as its path is not set in preferences","Unable to execute external program '%1' as its path is not set in preferences","ccextractor"
MSG:4040,0,1,"Unable to execute external program 'ccextractor' as its path is not set in preferences","Unable to execute external program '%1' as its path is not set in preferences","ccextractor"
MSG:4040,0,1,"Unable to execute external program 'ccextractor' as its path is not set in preferences","Unable to execute external program '%1' as its path is not set in preferences","ccextractor"

 

Side note unrelated to ccextractor:

I've been noticing sometimes the docker will lockup (its rare overall, but I have it running 24/7 whether its in use or not, I mean why not?). Well sometimes after ripping a few discs, the docker will just peg once CPU core and has a hard time progressing. I couldn't really figure out what was going on. I just know that attempting to kill/stop the docker would result in the docker just being hard locked and refusing to stop. Showing the log from WebUI fails and you cannot access the terminal either. Unplugging the optical drive would allow the docker to stop (its an external USB3 bluray drive).  After plugging the drive back in and starting the docker again I noticed that sometimes the output files in /out are not being placed there as the root folder but in another folder called "," and inside that folder is another folder that is the drive name "DRV:0,2,999,12,"BD-RE ASUS BW-12D1S-U E401"" and in that folder is where the output is being placed during the RIP. I couldn't figure this out for the longest time. I'd have to reboot the server to fix it and force it to rip in the correct location. 

Well I think I finally discovered it today. The issue occurred again last night, I started doing some investigating of the script (no issues found), started looking for any issues and eventually jumped into the host servers /dev folder only to find /dev/sr0 was not a block device but a FOLDER! I couldn't think of why this would happen so I stopped the docker, removed the drive, deleted that folder, connected the drive back and now /dev/sr0 is a block device again! This explains what's probably happening when I reboot the machine as the block device gets recreated then. I started a new rip and surprise, its ripping like it's supposed to in the correct folder now!  OK, time to investigate the docker. Now I noticed something interesting. Its passing optical drive configuration AS A PATH! What is should be doing is passing /dev/sr0 as a DEVICE. would it be possible to tweak the docker to do that? Or is it possibly my old config is being kept in place during updates? Just figured I'd pass on this info.  Thanks for everything you do! this Docker is GOLD.

 

Screenshot_20210112_092510.thumb.png.df748535a633335925dbf274bf881120.png

Screenshot_20210112_092559.png

 

Here is my current config and it seems to be working without extra parameters or anything:

 

[2415694.831852] usb 8-4: new SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
[2415694.845100] usb-storage 8-4:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[2415694.845260] usb-storage 8-4:1.0: Quirks match for vid 174c pid 55aa: 400000
[2415694.845331] scsi host1: usb-storage 8-4:1.0
[2415695.868323] scsi 1:0:0:0: CD-ROM            ASUS     BW-12D1S-U       E401 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
[2415695.876630] sr 1:0:0:0: Power-on or device reset occurred
[2415695.899356] sr 1:0:0:0: [sr0] scsi3-mmc drive: 125x/125x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
[2415695.905593] sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
[2415695.905667] sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5

 

Screenshot_20210112_122257.thumb.png.6ffce69cd119bb947a31c2bef6723703.png

Edited by Darksurf
New info
Link to post
On 1/12/2021 at 4:27 PM, Darksurf said:

 

The ccextractor thing is still an issue as the location settings do not match. ccextractor wasn't installed in /usr/bin/ccextractor. Its been installed in /usr/local/bin/ccextractor .  So the errors still exist. I've not added that settings.conf.

Then you should add the line pointing it to /usr/local/bin/ccextractor. I have also updated the Readme to reflect this.

 

On 1/12/2021 at 4:27 PM, Darksurf said:

 What is should be doing is passing /dev/sr0 as a DEVICE. would it be possible to tweak the docker to do that?

I have since fixed the template. sr0 should now be passed through as a device by default.

 

Thanks for the heads up.

 

Also please consider donating at https://github.com/sponsors/rix1337 if you are a regular user of this image.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit, nevermind, had to use a "Desktop App" auth token, as opposed to a "Webapp", as there is no more "Other" option

 

Hey there. I'm failing to understand how to run step 2, and sign into google headlessley?

 

I tried running 

chromium-browser --user-data-dir=/config --no-sandbox  https://photos.google.com on another linux box, and then copying over the files from the user-data directory to /config, but get the following error:

 

 

root@Tower:~# docker exec -it GooglePhotosSync gphotos-sync /storage
02-02 14:23:46 WARNING  gphotos-sync 2.14.0 2021-02-02 14:23:46.929270 
02-02 14:23:46 ERROR    
Process failed. 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/Main.py", line 417, in main
    self.setup(args, db_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/Main.py", line 282, in setup
    scope, credentials_file, secret_file, int(args.max_retries)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/authorize.py", line 46, in __init__
    secrets = all_json["installed"]
KeyError: 'installed'
02-02 14:23:46 WARNING  Done. 

Edited by bobo89
Link to post
14 hours ago, bobo89 said:

Edit, nevermind, had to use a "Desktop App" auth token, as opposed to a "Webapp", as there is no more "Other" option

 

Thanks for the Info, I have updated the Readme accordingly so others dont have to struggle.

Link to post
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, MX-Hero said:

Hi,

 

I can't get "feedcrawler" to work. following error:

 

error-feedcrawler.JPG

 

It´s a fresh install. Any idea?

Thats a bug - Version 10.0.2 will be out shortly fixing the underlying issue.

Please open a github issue next time, since the process there is much more streamlined than a forum post.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hello,

i'm starting using this program and while dvd/blue-ray works fine i have a major problem with cd's and umlauts.

 

The log file shows the following:

---

cddb: connecting to proxy.gnudb.org:3128
cddb: http send: GET http://gnudb.gnudb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi?cmd=cddb+query+8b08fb0a+10+182+15910+36885+59620+74307+89182+105157+122470+140157+157397+2301&hello=RipIT+www.suwald.com/ripit/ripit.html+RipIT+4.0.0_rc_20161009&proto
=6 HTTP/1.0
cddb: http result: 210 Found exact matches, list follows (until terminating `.')
unexact: data 8b08fb0a Herbert Grönemeyer / Gemischte Gefühle
unexact: rock 8b08fb0a Herbert Grönemeyer (Gemischte Gefühle) / Gemischte Gefühle

--

Untils here, the writing for the title ist ok, but then:

----------------------------

-----------------
CDDB and tag Info
-----------------
Artist: Herbert Gr<U+0080>ÃNemeyer
Album: Gemischte Gef<U+0080>ÃHle
Category: data
ID3-Genre: Rock (17)
Year: 1983
Revision: 7
CD ID: 8b08fb0a
Comment: Phillip YEAR: 1983
CD length: 38:21

start track: 1, end track: 10
01: [03:29.53] Musik Nur, Wenn Sie Laut Ist
02: [04:39.50] Kaufen
03: [05:03.10] Komm Zur<U+0080>ÃCk
04: [03:15.62] Kadett
05: [03:18.25] Moccaaugen
06: [03:33.00] Etwas Warmes
07: [03:50.63] Ich Hab' Dich Blo<U+0080><U+009F> Geliebt
08: [03:55.62] Onur
09: [03:49.65] Diamant
10: [03:22.60] Hallo, Was Macht'N Ihr
-------------
You can see the problems with the umlauts.

This leads to the following filename:

drwxrwxr-x 3 99 users 4096 27. Mai 12:18 Herbert Gr???Nemeyer
pet@lap121-0219:/tmp/ripper/Ripper/CD/mp3> du -a
11848   ./Herbert Gr��Nemeyer/Gemischte Gef��Hle/03 Komm Zur��Ck.mp3
8196    ./Herbert Gr��Nemeyer/Gemischte Gef��Hle/01 Musik Nur, Wenn Sie Laut Ist.mp3
10928   ./Herbert Gr��Nemeyer/Gemischte Gef��Hle/02 Kaufen.mp3
7656    ./Herbert Gr��Nemeyer/Gemischte Gef��Hle/04 Kadett.mp3
7752    ./Herbert Gr��Nemeyer/Gemischte Gef��Hle/05 Moccaaugen.mp3
46384   ./Herbert Gr��Nemeyer/Gemischte Gef��Hle
46388   ./Herbert Gr��Nemeyer

Which is total crap :(

 

Is there a solution or is this a bug ?

Edited by pk1057
Link to post
16 minutes ago, pk1057 said:

Which is total crap :(

 

Is there a solution or is this a bug ?

known problem. no known solution, other than renaming the output files which in most cases is not such a big deal.

Link to post

I digged around,

made a fork of the project and switched from ripit to abcde wich is more versatile and mature then ripit.

 

With abcde there are no encoding problems !

Link to post
32 minutes ago, pk1057 said:

I digged around,

made a fork of the project and switched from ripit to abcde wich is more versatile and mature then ripit.

 

With abcde there are no encoding problems !

You might be able to perform a pull request to update the main project is you have through testing and proof of stability.

Link to post
1 hour ago, pk1057 said:

I digged around,

made a fork of the project and switched from ripit to abcde wich is more versatile and mature then ripit.

 

With abcde there are no encoding problems !

Go ahead with a pull request

 

I initially set this project up using abcd but it broke a short while after. Ripit has been a headache to support, so I'll gladly replace it.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, rix said:

Go ahead with a pull request

 

I initially set this project up using abcd but it broke a short while after. Ripit has been a headache to support, so I'll gladly replace it.

Ok, created.

You will have to decide if you will take the pull request in a whole or only the abcde part because i also pushed the baseimage version and moved makemkv to a ppa instead of self compiled.

All tested and working (for me)

Edited by pk1057
typo
Link to post
1 hour ago, pk1057 said:

Ok, created.

You will have to decide if you will take the pull request in a whole or only the abcde part because i also pushed the baseimage version and moved makemkv to a ppa instead of self compiled.

All tested and working (for me)

Thanks, that PR was indeed helpful. Using ppa to install makemkv will shorten the build time of this image.

 

I have done a minor edit, removing the setup through the install.sh entirely and made a minor edit to the readme.

 

Thanks

Link to post
2 hours ago, rix said:

Thanks, that PR was indeed helpful. Using ppa to install makemkv will shorten the build time of this image.

 

I have done a minor edit, removing the setup through the install.sh entirely and made a minor edit to the readme.

 

Thanks

Due to your non intrusive update process the user has to copy the new ripper.sh and the abcde.conf by himself from the github repo !

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, pk1057 said:

Due to your non intrusive update process the user has to copy the new ripper.sh and the abcde.conf by himself from the github repo !

 

That has always been the case if ripper.sh was changed.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, rix said:

That has always been the case if ripper.sh was changed.

Also with the ppa setup you have reduced the image to 1/3 the original size. Thanks

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

 

I can't get the newest build with makemkv 1.16.4 somehow, maybe its just a rookie mistake but I cant think of a different way to get it.

I downloaded Ripper with the CA Template and which worked, it flawlessly detected my optical drive and the "test"-DVD, created the folder in the output DIR but never ripped anything while the log said: 

image.png.da3bcd41462a192325eec862fd83b3df.png

Then i checked the log in appdata/ripper and found this: 

image.thumb.png.2e08496347ffd9e3719297510f85ba2b.png

So I deleted the docker and changed the repository to "rix1337/docker-ripper:latest" and then "rix1337/docker-ripper:1.16.4" but in either way ended up with the same results and the log saying that makemkv 1.16.3 is installed and an update is required. 

 

Maybe someone can guide me in the right way because at the moment I am clueless what to do. Thanks in advance!

Link to post
52 minutes ago, MakerDuck said:

Hello everyone,

 

I can't get the newest build with makemkv 1.16.4 somehow, maybe its just a rookie mistake but I cant think of a different way to get it.

I downloaded Ripper with the CA Template and which worked, it flawlessly detected my optical drive and the "test"-DVD, created the folder in the output DIR but never ripped anything while the log said: 

image.png.da3bcd41462a192325eec862fd83b3df.png

Then i checked the log in appdata/ripper and found this: 

image.thumb.png.2e08496347ffd9e3719297510f85ba2b.png

So I deleted the docker and changed the repository to "rix1337/docker-ripper:latest" and then "rix1337/docker-ripper:1.16.4" but in either way ended up with the same results and the log saying that makemkv 1.16.3 is installed and an update is required. 

 

Maybe someone can guide me in the right way because at the moment I am clueless what to do. Thanks in advance!

This has been answered https://github.com/rix1337/docker-ripper/issues/75

 

Buy a license key or wait.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.